PDA

View Full Version : Hitting Micros Daily

asianstyles
05-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Post a sample of what you eat in a day to hit your micros. I am pretty sure I don't hit my micros from food on a daily basis, so want some ideas.

Also, please do not simply post an exhaustive list of fruits, vegetables, etc. I want to know specifically what you eat in a day (sample) to hit your micros. Ex. 2 apples, 100 grams of broccoli, etc.

doyoueveneat
05-11-2012, 03:14 PM
pretty hard to not hit em if you are consuming plenty of wholefoods daily.

asianstyles
05-11-2012, 03:21 PM
pretty hard to not hit em if you are consuming plenty of wholefoods daily.

Well, sometimes my daily diet consists of one large batch of food that I eat across a 2 or 3 different meals. Generally made from whole foods, but sometimes not a very diverse set of whole foods. Allows me to hit my macros, but doubt I'm hitting micros.

WonderPug
05-11-2012, 03:24 PM
As long as you're consuming a decent amount and variety of fruits and vegetables, along with meat, fish and poultry, you're almost certainly fine (assuming total caloric intake isn't anemic).

doyoueveneat
05-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, sometimes my daily diet consists of one large batch of food that I eat across a 2 or 3 different meals. Generally made from whole foods, but sometimes not a very diverse set of whole foods. Allows me to hit my macros, but doubt I'm hitting micros.

eat as well as you can and then take a multi?

k9pit
05-11-2012, 03:35 PM
I take a Multi-vitamin and pick my battles with "hitting" micros when it comes to food choices. If I tried to cater more to micros, the macros would likely get screwed up.

I don't sit around trying to track every micronutrient, but any given day I'm sure to take in:
A Multi-vitamin

..on top of that as far as food.
At least 200g of sweet potato (Vitamin A, C, Calcium, Iron)
At least 2-3 other servings of green veggies (brocolli, bok chuy, green beans, spinach, collard greens, etc)
Likely 1 banana typically pre-workout (Potassium, Vitamin C, B)
At least 1oz of cheese (Calcium)
At least 1oz Mushrooms (Vitamin D)

As far as meats.....some seafood (Vitamin B, zinc -depends) or some steak (iron, zinc)

A lot of it is by feel also.

asianstyles
05-11-2012, 03:36 PM
eat as well as you can and then take a multi?

Yeah, that's what I do.

In this thread, really just trying to get an idea of how much and what types of vegetables/fruits/etc you guys eat on a daily basis? Want to get some ideas on things to eat. A lot of you guys make interesting things besides the bland steamed broccoli, etc.

psychodiver9
05-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Hard to say as i rarely eat the same daily. I like variety. I use Fitday and try to have weekly averages be about right.

ThatWei
05-11-2012, 04:05 PM
500ml Mixed vegetable juice (V8 juice - 3 serves veg per 250ml)
4 eggs
180g oats
40g Vegemite (not a typo, lol)
12 Weetbix
500mL milk
100g cheese
Sun for vit D
Iodized salt
250g Kangaroo

Pretty much everything covered.