PDA

View Full Version : I need to get my diet in check- HELP

naamandt
02-12-2007, 08:21 PM
i need help with my diet real bad- im trying to do a clean bulk but it has been harder then i thought it would be- im really slacking during the afternoon- i have been eating school food but my coach bought a microwave and a fridge/frezzer so i can use that also- here is my diet right now

7 AM Breakfast- cytogainer shake w/ 2 eggs and a banana

11 AM lunch- pizza or a burger with fries and occasional veggies

2 30 PM PWO shake- ON protein and penut butter

4 30 PM PWO Meal- chicken or tuna with some veggies or a salad

6 30 PM Dinner- Soup and some sort of meat with rice/other carb source

10 PM Bedtime snack- tuna and milk or a protien shake

Please help

Dychphore
02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Too much protein powder eat real food

sportyhp
02-12-2007, 08:37 PM
i need help with my diet real bad- im trying to do a clean bulk but it has been harder then i thought it would be- im really slacking during the afternoon- i have been eating school food but my coach bought a microwave and a fridge/frezzer so i can use that also- here is my diet right now

7 AM Breakfast- cytogainer shake w/ 2 eggs and a banana

11 AM lunch- pizza or a burger with fries and occasional veggies

2 30 PM PWO shake- ON protein and penut butter

4 30 PM PWO Meal- chicken or tuna with some veggies or a salad

6 30 PM Dinner- Soup and some sort of meat with rice/other carb source

10 PM Bedtime snack- tuna and milk or a protien shake

Please help

first if ur bulking you need lots more food. if its clean, u needa skip the pizza and burger and maybe make a big sandwich or something. your pwo shake shouldnt have fats, just protein and simple carbs. with the pwo meal, put complex carbs and protein in it. the soup for dinner can be replaced with better things like meat + fat + veggies...i usually try to eat lotsa carbs earlier in the day vs real late but if it fits into your macros its fine. for bedtime id recommend having cottage cheese or something, and maybe put the tuna somewhere else. also get some more fruits and veggies in there if you are bulking and dont be afraid to have good fats like oils and lower fat cheeses. try to get whole grain carbs (Bread, pasta) too

naamandt
02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
thanks- im trying to eat a lot more but im only sixteen and im at school from 7 30 until 4 30 or 5 and i get plenty of food just not enough good food i am basically a fat ass right now and trying to change that

gymgrown
02-12-2007, 11:17 PM
You wanna eat some real food after your workout, like sportyhp said, but it should be fast-absorbing food. Peanut butter is one of the slowest absorbing foods out there, which makes it good for bedtime. Save it for then.

naamandt
02-13-2007, 08:27 PM
what would be a good carb for after workout that is easy to keep handy at school- we have a fridge

gymgrown
02-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Oats are everyone's favorite here, although potatoes make a great PWO carb too.

naamandt
02-14-2007, 11:20 AM
oats with PWO shake??? because after im done with powerlifting and football i dont go home for a while so i cant eat my next meal till around 2 hours after my workout

gymgrown
02-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Anything you can do to eat more, sooner, is good.

Superlite27
02-14-2007, 12:48 PM
If there's no problem with carrying a cooler (small lunchbox type) around at your school, I'd recommend packing about five turkey and lettuce on whole grain wheat sandwiches around with you during the day. You could also put other nutritious foodstuffs in there as well. That way, you could have your food with you. You wouldn't have to make an extra effort to go and eat. It all depends on your school's policy on eating or carrying food with you whatever that may be.

naamandt
02-14-2007, 03:06 PM
ok thanks the sandwhichs sound like a good idea- i think im goin to strt drinkin like half a gallon of milk after football