PDA

View Full Version : Are the carbs in drinks the same as carbs in bread, rice, etc?

NJminute
05-07-2012, 02:24 PM
like in iced to, or naked juice theres about 20-30 carbs in a serving. if i drink that, will it be the same as eating bread rice and pasta and all that? i am cutting that is why i want to know.

Griot
05-07-2012, 02:30 PM
In terms of marcos and calories, yes. In terms of micro-nutrient content, probably not.

razorfin
05-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Don't nit-pick OP. It's not worth the time. A carb is a carb is a carb. I'm cutting, and I ate a donut today(was a jam one FYI), so what? Calories in calories out.

WonderPug
05-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Are you asking if the carbs are in the same classes of saccharide or are you asking if they're, gram-for-gram, isoenergetic?

Apex702
05-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Are you asking if the carbs are in the same classes of saccharide or are you asking if they're, gram-for-gram, isoenergetic?

o_O

I'm sure you just confused him further.

NJminute
05-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Don't nit-pick OP. It's not worth the time. A carb is a carb is a carb. I'm cutting, and I ate a donut today(was a jam one FYI), so what? Calories in calories out.

what does OP mean? and you said calories in calories out. so if your cutting, is it ok to eat some carbs if you workout?

WonderPug
05-07-2012, 03:03 PM
what does OP mean?In this instance, it means NJminute.

razorfin
05-07-2012, 03:05 PM
what does OP mean? and you said calories in calories out. so if your cutting, is it ok to eat some carbs if you workout?

OP=Opening Poster.

yes. just eat below your maintenance calories and you will lose weight. if all you eat 2000kcals of krispy kreme donuts and your maintenance is 2500cals, you will lose weight. just get enough protein in whilst cutting and fill your boots with foods you like, it does not have to be a chicken and brocolli chore.

Crazymix
05-07-2012, 03:19 PM

Stop feeding the troll..........Age: 28 NSIS!

subsonik2nine
05-07-2012, 03:23 PM
The carbs in fruit juices tend to be sugars meaning they'll convert to fat easier if you don't use them. They are best consumed pre and post workout when your body will use them to restore glycogen to the muscles.

EDIT: If your running a calorie deficit and your macro's are in-line don't worry about it too much though.

ThatWei
05-07-2012, 03:35 PM
The carbs in fruit juices tend to be sugars meaning they'll convert to fat easier if you don't use them. They are best consumed pre and post workout when your body will use them to restore glycogen to the muscles.

EDIT: If your running a calorie deficit and your macro's are in-line don't worry about it too much though.

lolwut

WonderPug
05-07-2012, 03:36 PM
The carbs in fruit juices tend to be sugars meaning they'll convert to fat easier if you don't use them. They are best consumed pre and post workout when your body will use them to restore glycogen to the muscles.What utter crap.