PDA

View Full Version : Today is Dana Jacobson's last day on ESPN/Sportscenter

Masstastic
04-30-2012, 03:10 PM
The other co-anchor just mentioned it.

Found the official article

Dana Jacobson, who's been at ESPN for 10 years as an anchor and studio host, will leave ESPN next month.

But, said ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys, it's "the intention that she will remain on-air" until her ESPN contract expires at the end of April. ESPN had offered her a contract extension.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/03/its-official-dana-jacobson-leaving-espn/1

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/A_F/Fi_Fp/First_Take/season1/First-Take5.jpg

Dana Jacobson & Jay Crawford have been apart of my mornings for the last 6 years.

The_Albatross
04-30-2012, 03:21 PM
good, she sucks.

bking10
04-30-2012, 03:24 PM
if that makes you sad, Scott Van Pelt and Michelle Beadle's contract are also up soon and negotiations arent going great. so ESPN could lose them too

krokaw7
04-30-2012, 03:25 PM
she's ugly and fat. Also retarded.

LanceStone
04-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Never liked that whore

krokaw7
04-30-2012, 03:26 PM
if that makes you sad, Scott Van Pelt and Michelle Beadle's contract are also up soon and negotiations arent going great. so ESPN could lose them too

good riddance on beadle, sad to hear about SVP.

LostOne287
04-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Who cares?

SF49ers
04-30-2012, 03:27 PM
CBS Sports landed Rome...let them get SVP and Beadle and they have the opportunity to be a legit option

jross2021
04-30-2012, 03:27 PM
The girls on espn are pretty stupid and don't know **** about sports. I hate when they have like 4 ex athlete analysts discussing something, and then throw a female on the show just to be diverse.

MJAffliction
04-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Michelle Beadle. HNNNNGGGGG

Masstastic
04-30-2012, 03:35 PM
good, she sucks.

she's ugly and fat. Also retarded.

Never liked that whore

These.

She gone.

Hopefully Jemele Hill, Sage Steele, & that Lindsey Zarniak(sp?) one is gone too.

Get actual female sports fans like Doris Burke & Linda Cohn(sp?).

bill257
04-30-2012, 03:36 PM
I hate that bitch so good.

FourKicks
04-30-2012, 03:39 PM
worst women's anchor on ESPN imo.

MCrow
04-30-2012, 03:40 PM
I gues you guys will have to find a new sports center babe to fap too. Sorry brahs.

BasedPrincess
04-30-2012, 03:41 PM
meh, she sucks so.....

http://i.imgur.com/6fVjk.gif

RacksonRacks
04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Michelle Beadle. HNNNNGGGGG
this

BuckeyeBlitz
04-30-2012, 03:47 PM
The girls on espn are pretty stupid and don't know **** about sports. I hate when they have like 4 ex athlete analysts discussing something, and then throw a female on the show just to be diverse.

You like the ex athletes as analysts and anchors? It was okay for a while, but it's gone rampant now. I'd rather have an actual journalist who went to school and took their lumps to get where they're at.

The_Albatross
04-30-2012, 03:50 PM
You like the ex athletes as analysts and anchors? It was okay for a while, but it's gone rampant now. I'd rather have an actual journalist who went to school and took their lumps to get where they're at.

Dana Jacobson went to Michigan. She's a bigoted kunt who can't handle her booze.

jross2021
04-30-2012, 03:53 PM

The females don't know their place. You got someone like Kurt Warner talking about a quarterback or an offensive scheme, and then you have a female in there arguing with him. If they just read their cue cards and kept to the monitor they're reading off of they'd be fine, but ESPN gives them way too much freedom. Football is the worst because none of them ever played organized football in their life.

GetBigyo
04-30-2012, 04:00 PM
SVP, Andrews, Beadle, and Cowerd's contracts also expire after this month.

BunkMoreland
04-30-2012, 04:03 PM
as long as cowherd is still there, i'll lose no sleep.

BuckeyeBlitz
04-30-2012, 04:07 PM
The females don't know their place. You got someone like Kurt Warner talking about a quarterback or an offensive scheme, and then you have a female in there arguing with him. If they just read their cue cards and kept to the monitor they're reading off of they'd be fine, but ESPN gives them way too much freedom. Football is the worst because none of them ever played organized football in their life.

lol I have never noticed a female anchor being the "squeeky wheel" so to speak. Dana Jacobson is either an anchor or a host on First Take, Michelle Beadle is on SportsNation where if she does any "arguing" it's with Collin Cowherd, and Erin Andrews is a sideline correspondent. I can't think of many situations where women are actually NFL analysts arguing with former players.

In terms of never having played football, I can tell you that a lot of popular male anchors never played the game either, because (and I know this may come as a shock), they're journalists by trade.

Give me a real journalist over Warren Sapp and Deion Sanders any day of the week. Just my opinion. Now if you want to talk about Jamele Hill, I could see your point.

MCrow
04-30-2012, 04:09 PM
lol I have never noticed a female anchor being the "squeeky wheel" so to speak. Dana Jacobson is either an anchor or a host on First Take, Michelle Beadle is on SportsNation where if she does any "arguing" it's with Collin Cowherd, and Erin Andrews is a sideline correspondent. I can't think of many situations where women are actually NFL analysts arguing with former players.

In terms of never having played football, I can tell you that a lot of popular male anchors never played the game either, because (and I know this may come as a shock), they're journalists by trade.

Give me a real journalist over Warren Sapp and Deion Sanders any day of the week. Just my opinion.

I don't think you have to play the sport to know the sport. Some of ESPN's best baseball guys (some of the best around) have little actual playing experience but they are damn good at what they do.

BuckeyeBlitz
04-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Dana Jacobson went to Michigan. She's a bigoted kunt who can't handle her booze.

So did Schefter. I'm not a fan of the football program or the school in general, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you I don't think UM offers a world class education.

Luno7
04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
as long as cowherd is still there, i'll lose no sleep.

cowherd knows dick about sports

he's the biggest fuking joke on espn

MCrow
04-30-2012, 04:16 PM

I don't agree with that. I think he's better than some people, Greeny doesn't really seem to know sports as much as Colin but it doesn't mean that the show isn't entertaining.

I leave the analysis to the guests they bring on who have a better background in analysis but I think most of the ESPN hosts are pretty good at talking sports. There's a difference between being analysist and a talk show host, you seem to have missed the difference.

Listening to analysts all day would probably bore even hardcore sports fans.

TheNateTrixxx
04-30-2012, 04:18 PM
You could kind of tell that she didn't want to be there after ESPN changed the format of First Take into a 2 hour debate show.

Luno7
04-30-2012, 04:28 PM
I don't agree with that. I think he's better than some people, Greeny doesn't really seem to know sports as much as Colin but it doesn't mean that the show isn't entertaining.

I leave the analysis to the guests they bring on who have a better background in analysis but I think most of the ESPN hosts are pretty good at talking sports. There's a difference between being analysist and a talk show host, you seem to have missed the difference.

Listening to analysts all day would probably bore even hardcore sports fans.

No, i understand the difference between what analysts do and what hosts do, and he is not a good host at all.

Greeny is a good host, he's ACTUALLY covered sports in the past. (column work, not just as an anchor/figure head type)

Cowherd is a bitch who tries to compensate for his lack of sports knowledge by being the provocative guy who has (depending how you view it) favorably or unfavorably made a name for himself solely based on outlandish claims as opposed to the credibility of his work.

magicmatt
04-30-2012, 05:39 PM
follow @espnbook on twitter. lots of inside espn dirt

dan213
04-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Cowherd is hands down the worst major sports radio show host I've ever heard. Dude is just horrendous.

monsterBEN
04-30-2012, 05:46 PM
ITT: we hate every single ESPN employee.

Masstastic
04-30-2012, 05:48 PM

Edit: Actually I'd like to see Cowherd go.

He's said numerous times how different his show would be if he wasn't working for ESPN, which is under the Walt Disney umbrella.

I'd watch for the profanity & drunk comments.

mayweathermusic
04-30-2012, 05:49 PM
I've always wanted to f*ck Dana Jacobson (srs)