PDA

View Full Version : BB/Members giving bad information

dtown3411
04-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I am not here to bash anyone's workout plan or stack, I just simply wanted to ask what everyone's take on caffeine is. I see these workout plans/lose fat stacks and see ridiculous amounts of caffeine 600mg or more....Isn't this terrible for your heart? Caffeine is a great aid when it comes to weight loss I am not saying that it isn't. Shouldn't the workout plans/stacks be more healthy since you are wanting to lose weight? (Its almost an oxymoron, losing weight to become healthy, but consuming 600mg of caffeine =unhealthy)....You cannot consume 600mg of caffeine all your life...I understand there are caffeine free stacks as well, but 600mg of caffeine is damn near 7 redbulls a day....Why would anyone want that kind of stack?

AdamWW
04-29-2012, 11:01 AM
I am not here to bash anyone's workout plan or stack, I just simply wanted to ask what everyone's take on caffeine is. I see these workout plans/lose fat stacks and see ridiculous amounts of caffeine 600mg or more....Isn't this terrible for your heart? Caffeine is a great aid when it comes to weight loss I am not saying that it isn't. Shouldn't the workout plans/stacks be more healthy since you are wanting to lose weight? (Its almost an oxymoron, losing weight to become healthy, but consuming 600mg of caffeine =unhealthy)....You cannot consume 600mg of caffeine all your life...I understand there are caffeine free stacks as well, but 600mg of caffeine is damn near 7 redbulls a day....Why would anyone want that kind of stack?

Not a strong Thread Title to OP connection, but i'll bite.

600mg of caffeine in a single dose is more than I could personally handle.

For myself, 1-2 cups of regular coffee is enough for me and I just don't like being gittering like I get with more than that.

However, different people have different sensitivities to caffeine in general, so for some a 600mg dose might not be all that much - it all depends.

Some people can drink a pot of coffee and be feeling fine, others have one and are on the cieling.

dtown3411
04-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Not a strong Thread Title to OP connection, but i'll bite.

600mg of caffeine in a single dose is more than I could personally handle.

For myself, 1-2 cups of regular coffee is enough for me and I just don't like being gittering like I get with more than that.

However, different people have different sensitivities to caffeine in general, so for some a 600mg dose might not be all that much - it all depends.

Some people can drink a pot of coffee and be feeling fine, others have one and are on the cieling.

I understand maybe I am just looking at the website from a wrong view....I look at the website as a way to promote health but I guess it is Body Building....and BB isnt always health =/ (I know people probably are going to kick my ass for say that)

AdamWW
04-29-2012, 11:11 AM
I understand maybe I am just looking at the website from a wrong view....I look at the website as a way to promote health but I guess it is Body Building....and BB isnt always health =/ (I know people probably are going to kick my ass for say that)

A more accurate way to look at it would be that BB.com is a business; a business focused on selling supplements. Therefore, if they can cram more supplements into a stack to sell to newcomers, they're going to do it.

Sad but true.

dtown3411
04-29-2012, 11:13 AM
A more accurate way to look at it would be that BB.com is a business; a business focused on selling supplements. Therefore, if they can cram more supplements into a stack to sell to newcomers, they're going to do it.

Sad but true.

Yeah, I mean not gonna lie kinda got hooked to caffeine after trying a preworkout <------ i guess the "Once you workout with it, youll never workout without it" motto somewhat stuck.... BB.com you win =/

snorkelman
04-29-2012, 11:19 AM
If you aren't buying a bunch of supplements, you probably won't come close to 600 mg of caffeine during your pre-workout period.

ArchangelEST
04-29-2012, 11:21 AM
How is caffeine a great weight loss supplement? Doesn't do much anything. Might get you to push yourself in the gym for a while, but extended use will develop tolerance pretty quickly.

dtown3411
04-29-2012, 11:23 AM
If you aren't buying a bunch of supplements, you probably won't come close to 600 mg of caffeine during your pre-workout period.

I should have made this more clear but im talking 600mg in a day....Some of the plans tell you to take Thermo pills with meals (or whatever is suggested) and a pre workout.....They all add up to such a high caffeine intake It just is weird to me...

ArchangelEST
04-29-2012, 11:28 AM
I should have made this more clear but im talking 600mg in a day....Some of the plans tell you to take Thermo pills with meals (or whatever is suggested) and a pre workout.....They all add up to such a high caffeine intake It just is weird to me...

Then stop taking. Their effect on helping you lose fat is minimal.

AdamWW
04-29-2012, 11:28 AM

Caffeine might "perk" you up, but it's not going to rapidly accelerate thermgenisis.

dtown3411
04-29-2012, 11:30 AM
How is caffeine a great weight loss supplement? Doesn't do much anything. Might get you to push yourself in the gym for a while, but extended use will develop tolerance pretty quickly.

It suppresses hunger due to the stimulant properties....Uplifts mood as well I believe (dont quote me on that I'd have to reread what I read earlier about caffeine's properties and benefits, I can share link if you'd like to see)

snorkelman
04-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Caffeine might "perk" you up, ...

Which is particularly relevant to those of use who train first thing in the morning.

dtown3411
04-29-2012, 11:35 AM

Oh I am not saying I am consuming 600mg a day but I am just curious as to why this site promotes caffeine so much......I was looking at the site in a wrong way, I guess BB.com is a business and I see that they are really trying to push caffeine on people so they kind of become addicted in a sense? (that is totally my opinion)

snorkelman
04-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Oh I am not saying I am consuming 600mg a day but I am just curious as to why this site promotes caffeine so much......I was looking at the site in a wrong way, I guess BB.com is a business and I see that they are really trying to push caffeine on people so they kind of become addicted in a sense? (that is totally my opinion)

Caffeine is the #1 used/abused drug in the world. How much? So much that the Olympics had to drop it from their banned list.

AdamWW
04-29-2012, 11:42 AM

In post #8 you say you ARE taking 600

dtown3411
04-29-2012, 11:51 AM
In post #8 you say you ARE taking 600

It says "Im talking 600mg" but I am not here to argue, sorry for the confusion....This topic just confuses me....I understand there really is no answer but I just wanted to see some thoughts people had on it.

TomBremner
04-29-2012, 12:46 PM
a gram a day or more checking in. no health problems yet.

psychodiver9
04-29-2012, 01:00 PM
It says "Im talking 600mg" but I am not here to argue, sorry for the confusion....This topic just confuses me....I understand there really is no answer but I just wanted to see some thoughts people had on it.

You realize that means the same thing right? I'm is a contraction for I am. So what you said was "I am taking 600 Mg"

umeboshi
04-29-2012, 01:12 PM
You realize that means the same thing right? I'm is a contraction for I am. So what you said was "I am taking 600 Mg"

No, he said talking, not taking. Note the L.

AdamWW
04-29-2012, 01:57 PM
No, he said talking, not taking. Note the L.

Read it too fast

umeboshi
04-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Read it too fast

Hey it's alright, don't worry.

MikeK46
04-30-2012, 12:39 PM
600mg/day will quickly lead to caffeine tolerance, so it's not dangerous except for the fact that you'll become dependent on caffeine to function, or face terrible withdrawal symptoms.

snorkelman
04-30-2012, 12:46 PM
600mg/day will quickly lead to caffeine tolerance, so it's not dangerous except for the fact that you'll become dependent on caffeine to function, or face terrible withdrawal symptoms.

Mike, I think OP may actually be getting at the point that if he combines a couple pre-workout supplements (stacking) and if each one has caffeine, as many do, he could conceivably be ingesting a total of 600 mg at one time.

OP correct me if my assumption is wrong, as clearly several people have not really understood the issue so far.

MikeK46
04-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Mike, I think OP may actually be getting at the point that if he combines a couple pre-workout supplements (stacking) and if each one has caffeine, as many do, he could conceivably be ingesting a total of 600 mg at one time.

OP correct me if my assumption is wrong, as clearly several people have not really understood the issue so far.

That's a huge dose of caffeine to consume in one shot, equivalent to 6 cups of coffee, and there is no way it is recommended by anyone, including supplement companies. That's enough to land many people in the hospital.

dtown3411
05-04-2012, 03:12 PM

Yes that is correct, many of the plans have supplementation guides (I understand many of the people are sponsored, so they are trying to sell their products) that include taking thermo pills and pre-workouts....
resulting in a daily consumption of 600mg give or take of caffeine....

alan aragon
05-04-2012, 03:41 PM
I am not here to bash anyone's workout plan or stack, I just simply wanted to ask what everyone's take on caffeine is. I see these workout plans/lose fat stacks and see ridiculous amounts of caffeine 600mg or more....Isn't this terrible for your heart? Caffeine is a great aid when it comes to weight loss I am not saying that it isn't. Shouldn't the workout plans/stacks be more healthy since you are wanting to lose weight? (Its almost an oxymoron, losing weight to become healthy, but consuming 600mg of caffeine =unhealthy)....You cannot consume 600mg of caffeine all your life...I understand there are caffeine free stacks as well, but 600mg of caffeine is damn near 7 redbulls a day....Why would anyone want that kind of stack?1) Your choice of thread title sucks hairy, sweaty balls. :)

2) The following review might be of interest to you & others in this thread (PDF download (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2010.01561.x/pdf)).

BlackHeart.au
05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I dunno about you, but dem coffees supress dat appetite.