PDA

View Full Version : Confused out of my mind

jamesbondc
04-28-2012, 06:35 PM
I m staying constipated unless I eat some supplement like Metamucil. People say eat brokly or papaya, I tried both and get really constipated. Do I have to eat Metamucil my whole life to clean my system ? Why can't I go naturally ? I drink more then a gallon of water in a day.

krete77
04-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Try eating some other kinds of vegetables. Spinach, asparagus, onions, peppers; maybe even certain fruits might help. It will take a few days of consistent eating for this to work into your system, but it should do the trick. My father-in-law swears by prunes. Good luck.

Serpentarius
04-28-2012, 06:43 PM
If you are in a big deficit, dont expect to have poops as often as you did.

MangoPort
04-28-2012, 06:43 PM
I m staying constipated unless I eat some supplement like Metamucil. People say eat brokly or papaya, I tried both and get really constipated. Do I have to eat Metamucil my whole life to clean my system ? Why can't I go naturally ? I drink more then a gallon of water in a day.

This happened to me and I actually wondered the exact same thing.

Keep with the metamucil but don't over do it. You've just changed your diet and your body isn't used to the new foods and is making use of everything coming it's way. Your body will adjust slowly and you'll be back to normal.

dmacdonal9
04-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Try some All Bran Buds, they go great with a bit of yogurt.

astigos
04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
If you are in a big deficit, dont expect to have poops as often as you did.
I was wondering why I was only pooping every other day but this makes so much sense. I can't believe this never occured to me.

jamesbondc
04-29-2012, 04:00 AM
I am in India right now and I don't eat meats or eggs here as they are not kept in clean places. I am on mostly veggies Indian diet so can't understand getting constipated. Also, I am going for 2 mile walk in mornings and doing pushups and curls with tubing but not losing much weight. When I don't take Metamucil I start looking like I gained 10 lbs.

Please, give advice on nutrition aspect and exercise aspect.