PDA

View Full Version : Coke Zero

MossyOak89
02-12-2007, 04:59 PM
So whats the deal with this (Coke Zero) The labels say there is nothing in it basically so is it good/bad ??????

I'm guessin bad for you, but could you explain?

bigphishy56
02-12-2007, 05:11 PM
i've heard that some of the artificial sweeteners tend to dehydrate you (this could be totally wrong). Diet sodas often have more carbonation than regular soda. Increased levels of carbon dioxide in the blood decreases your body's ability to get oxygen to muscle cells (this needs a citation). Caffeine will further dehydrate you.

All in all, it will mainly dehydrate you.

concept
02-12-2007, 05:15 PM
So whats the deal with this (Coke Zero) The labels say there is nothing in it basically so is it good/bad ??????

I'm guessin bad for you, but could you explain?

Well, there are equal studies for and against diet sodas, like eating egg yolks. So in the end of the day, it's your choice.

bigphishy56
02-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Well, there are equal studies for and against diet sodas, like eating egg yolks. So in the end of the day, it's your choice.

this is true... i'm sure it isn't that bad for you, it just isn't good. I drink diet soda on occasion. I wouldn't worry too much.

MossyOak89
02-12-2007, 05:23 PM
i drink water and milk every meal of the day so i'm not really worried about it from a lifestyle standpoint.

Guess I was just wondering if it actually is better for you than a regular coke or Dr. Pepper if I was to drink one at the lake or somethin like 2 or 3x a summer??

Dave P
02-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Its way better for you than a regular soda.

sportyhp
02-12-2007, 05:36 PM
i drink diet soda but try my best to not go overboard...i make sure i drink lotsa water and i always brush my teeth haha :)

in10city
02-12-2007, 05:39 PM
i drink water and milk every meal of the day so i'm not really worried about it from a lifestyle standpoint.

Guess I was just wondering if it actually is better for you than a regular coke or Dr. Pepper if I was to drink one at the lake or somethin like 2 or 3x a summer??
Good Lord! That's like asking which is going to get you closer to DWI material - a beer bottle full of beer or a beer bottle full of vodka :D

ZDub212
02-12-2007, 05:42 PM
i've heard that some of the artificial sweeteners tend to dehydrate you (this could be totally wrong). Diet sodas often have more carbonation than regular soda. Increased levels of carbon dioxide in the blood decreases your body's ability to get oxygen to muscle cells (this needs a citation). Caffeine will further dehydrate you.

All in all, it will mainly dehydrate you.

It's actually the caffeine and minerals that dehydrate you

To the OP, everything in moderation. 2-3 a week would be ok IMO

mcneely011
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
from a caloric standpoint, imo it wouldn't be any different than water, possibly better because of the caffeine which increases ever so slightly the metabolism.