PDA

View Full Version : with the scoring title under his belt shouldn't Durantula be the undisputed MVP?

deltbrah
04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
His strongest competitor would be lebron, but OKC had a better record than Miami. Durant is the scoring champion of the season, and has higher RPG than lebron. Lebron does have more APG, but I think the fact that OKC have a better record and the scoring title (plus rebounds) solidifies it for durant.

Taking home first MVP, ontop of the allstar mvp.... alpha

if durant wins the finals MVP he will truly be undisputed MVP

CobyWan
04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Lebron is going to win.

warbird00
04-26-2012, 09:24 PM
lebron should win. statistically one of the best seasons ever.

deltbrah
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
lebron should win. statistically one of the best seasons ever.

post stats of both

HeAdAcHeS
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Durant should win it

anonymous
04-26-2012, 09:31 PM
post stats of both

this

Smoshua
04-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Brian Scalabrine/thread

srs

deltbrah
04-26-2012, 09:39 PM
i like how lebron fanboys havent posted their reasoning with evidence why lebron should win it over durant

CobyWan
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM
i like how lebron fanboys havent posted their reasoning with evidence why lebron should win it over durant

The rebounding advantage you keep using for Durant was virtually dead even .1 rebounds per game.

Lebron is having a much more efficient year.

He's shooting 53% from the field while Durant is shooting 49%.

And averaging about 3 assists more per game while averaging fewer turnovers per game.

Plus he's still a better defender and guards four different positions.

Looking at things analytically doesn't make someone a fanboy.

SICKK
04-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Kobe gifted him the scoring title.

yungbreezy
04-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Kobe gifted him the scoring title.

Lol this. If Kobe wanted it he would have played today and taken it.

HeAdAcHeS
04-26-2012, 10:18 PM
If Lebron put up those numbers in let's say Cleveland, I'd have no problem giving him MVP. He does, however, play for the Heat with Wade and Bosh.

Durant deserves it more than Lebron imo

bertface
04-26-2012, 10:19 PM
LeBron James is having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history.

James has been absolutely outstanding on both ends of the court, averaging 28.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and 6.9 assists. He carried the Miami Heat when Dwyane Wade was sidelined with an ankle sprain. Miami currently holds the second seed in the Eastern Conference and James deserves a lot of credit for the team’s early success. After being criticized for disappearing during the 2011 NBA Finals, the 27-year-old has certainly made his presence felt this season.

James’ Player Efficiency Rating is currently 32.39, which is by far the highest in the league. By comparison, Chris Paul has the second-best PER in the NBA at 26.85. That’s a difference of 5.54, which is astronomical when discussing PER. That’s the difference between stars and role players, the gap between Carmelo Anthony (20.34) and Jonas Jerebko (14.80). James is on a tier of his own right now, with the rest of the NBA’s elite players looking up to him.

Not only is James leading the league, he’s actually on pace to break Michael Jordan’s single-season PER record. Jordan set the all-time mark of 31.89 during the 1987-88 season, when he averaged 35 points, 5.9 assists and 5.5 rebounds. The league didn’t start tracking individual turnovers until the 1973-74 season so there isn’t enough information to include players like Wilt Chamberlain and Oscar Robertson.

Jordan’s 31.89 mark has only been challenged once in recent years, when James posted a PER of 31.69 during his 2008-09 MVP season. Shaquille O’Neal, Kobe Bryant and Larry Bird were each more than a point shy of Jordan during their best seasons.

While James’ 32.39 mark is impressive, it’s actually down from last month when his PER was 34.25. That’s off the charts and shows just how dominant James has been throughout the course of this season. James is spending more time in the post, which allows him to better use his size and strength to his advantage. He is shooting a career-high 54.7 percent from the field, the sixth-highest percentage in the league.

The general consensus around the league is that James is leading the MVP race. The argument that James and Wade cancel each other out is no longer valid. While the way he went about leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers hurt his image, it shouldn’t be held against him when determining the league’s MVP.

James is the first one to admit that he had no shot at winning the award last season. With his departure fresh in everyone’s mind, he was the villain. He received just four first-place votes during last year’s voting.

“The change from Cleveland to Miami wasn’t going to allow me to win the MVP,” James told HoopsHype in August. “I got a chance [this year]. But they made me take a year off.”

Now, James is having the best year of his career and one of the greatest seasons of all-time. Love him or hate him, the numbers show that he has elevated his game to an unprecedented level in the NBA’s modern era. There’s no shortage of storylines in the NBA this year, but few are better than the historically great season that James is having.

TL;DR James for MVP

Mrs Grudge
04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
OKC #2 seed in the West, Miami #2 Seed in the east, OKC being ranked over Miami is negligible.

Pretty clear that James is a better player at this point (shouldn't be called most valuable player but what ever). I mean in less defense doesn't count for squat, then I don't see how Kevin Durant winning a scoring title makes him a favorite for MVP.

Daewoo_Lanos
04-26-2012, 10:23 PM
so durant has earned 1 scoring title and was gifted the 2nd by lebron and the 3rd by kobe.

wonder if it bothers him to know other guys openly let him win?

GETB1G
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Who really cares? Only one thing matters, that ring.

The MVP is a dicey award anyway, it doesn't really have any clear selection criteria. Also team record shouldn't play into it, are you rewarding a team or a player?