PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Calorie Intake for Dropping Below 10% BF

MoveMass
04-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey, I have been cutting for the past 3 weeks and have noticed more definition in my stomach and stuff, however I am not entirely sure if my calorie intake right now is low enough to get me to the BF% that I want to be at (single digits). I have been taking in 2100 calories and 180g of protein a day up until this point, and I am comfortable with the amount of food that I am allowed while following this. I am wondering if it is unheard of or not for someone of my size to reach a shredded BF% on such high calories, because so far most of the cutting I have heard of on this forum is in the 1700-1900 calorie range (and this is with people much larger than me). Should I drop my calories even lower? My information is listed to the left and my avatar is a very recent picture of me. Thank you, all responses are appreciated!

jonaire
04-25-2012, 01:01 AM
No. track your progress if you continue to lose weight on 2100cal good for you. if you stall then you can consider dropping it more or including cardio in your regimen if you are not already doing that.

BloodySalad
04-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Look to lose between 1 and 2lbs a week.
If you can do that on your current calorie limit then it's all good.
If not, you can easily afford to drop a few hundred for a few weeks until you reach your goal.

MoveMass
04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. I think I am going to track everything carefully and see how it goes, I recently discovered MyFitnessPal and its great for logging everything I eat.

lvsteven
04-25-2012, 05:30 PM
www.mynetdiary.com

i use it. there is a smartphone app as well.

for the record, i eat low calories. it isnt for everyone but i have lost about 10lbs in the past three and a half weeks, and 14 lbs since feb, pretty much keeping my lean mass the same and losing primarily bodyfat.

my diet days are 1200-1400 kcal, my carb load days are 5000-6000 kcal.