PDA

View Full Version : Any point doing cardio when cutting

bohmie
04-22-2012, 10:13 PM
or is it all broscience assuming ur at a calorie deficit

please aware me whether I should finish my cut with cardio or not

CbassFL
04-22-2012, 10:20 PM
I do some cardio so that I can eat normally and not feeling like I'm starving.

astigos
04-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Cardio is not necessary at all, but can be helpful especially sub-12% BF so that you can eat more and still lose weight.

DSUP
04-22-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm doing this cut with no cardio to see how it goes. So far (week 8) I've done no cardio and dropped 14 pounds. I had a three week "plateau" but I tightened up the diet and the scale started moving again. I figure I've got five to ten pounds more to go. I really want to finish without doing any cardio at all.

thegannon
04-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Do moderate cardio if you enjoy it but doing cardio to create a larger deficit is a poor time investment.
Lift more, if anything.

TinyMuscolo
04-22-2012, 11:25 PM
To me, it's not that much beneficial, and can lead to less recovery capacity in most cases. Let alone the psychological tax you feel on your shoulders on cardio days.

In short, Return/Effort ratio is almost zero.

sheepz
04-22-2012, 11:30 PM
up to you and how if you enjoy doing it... i love yo run, and found i do a easy jog and burn 200 cals in about 20 mins with no tax on my body

ShweezyBTFO
04-23-2012, 01:05 AM
To me, it's not that much beneficial, and can lead to less recovery capacity in most cases. Let alone the psychological tax you feel on your shoulders on cardio days.

lol notsureifsrs, my shoulders never feel any "psychological tax" after a rewarding 3-4 hours of pick up basketball. If anything they feel lighter after all the threes I drain.

bohmie
04-23-2012, 01:15 AM

exactly this, I just end up losing weight on my lifts/less effort on lifting days