PDA

View Full Version : diet

brup
04-21-2012, 07:03 AM
just wondering what sorta foods i should be eating to help in putting on muscle?

ive heard

beans
milk
oats
tuna
salmon
chicken breast
almonds/cashews/peanuts
flax seeds
yoghurt
ol fruits n vegetables
cottage cheese

also instead of bulking and eating a **** ton of whatever you want then cutting
cant I just eat like this continuously without having phases of binging and dieting?

Jen0va
04-21-2012, 07:08 AM
1. the names of foods are not correlated with optimal muscle gains.
2. .....umm "Binging and dieting" is not the prefered method of doing things by any means

I have a feeling you were reading ALOT of articles on the supersites and thus have a much warped view of nutrition. To learn the basics, you should read the stickies at the top of the forum, especially the one concerning the calculation of macronutrient and caloric needs.

here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

Strobelite
04-21-2012, 07:14 AM
just wondering what sorta foods i should be eating to help in putting on muscle?

ive heard

beans
milk
oats
tuna
salmon
chicken breast
almonds/cashews/peanuts
flax seeds
yoghurt
ol fruits n vegetables
cottage cheese

also instead of bulking and eating a **** ton of whatever you want then cutting
cant I just eat like this continuously without having phases of binging and dieting?

1) If you want muscle eat at a surplus. You can calcualte your daily caloric needs using the formulas in the stickies.
2) You don't have to bulk and cut. You can re-comp or just do a clean bulk by barely going over your calorie needs so you have minimal fat gain.
3) The mentality that you have to eat clean 100% of the time is kinda outdated as Jenova mentioned. You can figure out your macros using the stickies, then if you want a "dirty" food just fit it in and eat clean the rest of the day. Say yesterday for example, I knew I was having chinese for dinner so earlier in the day I only ate 800ish calories(2 protein shakes, 2 servings cottage cheese, 4 eggs) then I ate a full container of boneless ribs, which probably didn't even bring me to my normal macros but I'm still trying to lose fat so it's ok.