PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is the greatest teammate EVER... no question about it

Jax019
04-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Lets look here at some before and afters

Shaq - with Kobe, he's the MDE and didn't have to worry about crunch time. Without Kobe, got swept in the Finals with a very talented Magic team and needed the refs to win one in MIA.

Odom - with Kobe, 6th MoTY and a human Swiss army knife. Without, DNPs and mental breakdowns ROFL

Smush Parker - with Kobe, a serviceable PG. Without, a fat slob out of the NBA. (Note: Smush's career highlight was only a highlight because Kobe finished the steal off with an incredible layup to tie the game.)

Kwame - with Kobe, a decent C. Without, a journey man ridding the pine.

Gasol - before Kobe, NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME. With Kobe, a TWO TIME CHAMPION.

Bynum - with Kobe, an AS and a top 3 C in the game. Without..., a borderline scrub.

Fisher - with Kobe, a 5 time champ and incredibly clutch. Without, just another player.

Trevor Ariza - with Kobe, a champ and someone who can lead their team to the playoffs (LOL at TDK). Without, a journeyman and scrub.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some names

but the fact remains, has a player ever turned such garbage into gold? Jordan. No. He made players worse if anything. Bird. No. He played with Parish and McHale. Magic. No. Similarly also played with very good teammates. Russell? No. West? No.

No doubt about it.

ClevageGobbler
04-10-2012, 08:34 PM
To be fair, Lamar's been one of the most unlucky NBA players to ever play the game. In 2006 his kid of 6 1/2 months dies, and after the funeral of his 24 y.o. cousin who was murdered in July 2011, he's in the passenger seat of an SUV which hits a motorcycle that ends up killing a 15 y.o. kid walking on the sidewalk.

ClevageGobbler
04-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I just read the rest of your post. This thread is terrible.

LeonardShelby
04-10-2012, 08:37 PM

Shaq - with Kobe, he's the MDE and didn't have to worry about crunch time. Without Kobe, got swept in the Finals with a very talented Magic team and needed the refs to win one in MIA.

Odom - with Kobe, 6th MoTY and a human Swiss army knife. Without, DNPs and mental breakdowns ROFL

Smush Parker - with Kobe, a serviceable PG. Without, a fat slob out of the NBA. (Note: Smush's career highlight was only a highlight because Kobe finished the steal off with an incredible layup to tie the game.)

Bynum - with Kobe, an AS and a top 3 C in the game. Without..., a borderline scrub.

Fisher - with Kobe, a 5 time champ and incredibly clutch. Without, just another player.

Trevor Ariza - with Kobe, a champ and someone who can lead their team to the playoffs (LOL at TDK). Without, a journeyman and scrub.

but the fact remains, has a player ever turned such garbage into gold? Jordan. No. He made players worse if anything. Bird. No. He played with Parish and McHale. Magic. No. Similarly also played with very good teammates. Russell? No. West? No.

No doubt about it.

Was following you until you said Jordan made players worse...wut

BullStampede
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/330se1e.gif

Austinp55
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM
0lLuqePY30E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lLuqePY30E

Lasers1
04-10-2012, 08:40 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2mpx1e9.gif

LeonardShelby
04-10-2012, 08:45 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/330se1e.gif

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mpx1e9.gif

lol'd at the second one because I wasn't sure what to expect.

bertishere
04-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Was following you until you said Jordan made players worse...wut

definitely not.. but jordan's supporting cast was better than kobe's.

HereWeGoo
04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Kobe's presence is definitely underrated. Teammates look like scrubs without him on the floor.

Jax019
04-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Can anyone come up with a list that can match the miracles Kobe has worked?

Minhsanity
04-10-2012, 09:48 PM
And he doesn't need anyone to make him better...

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/549413_2949306736995_1391139503_32030363_301479087 _n.jpg

Jax019
04-10-2012, 09:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EVi4s.gif

JoRocK
04-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I dunno OP

Robert Horry went on to some great things after Kobe....

FGCHENG
04-10-2012, 10:22 PM

No doubt about it.

Agreed with everything you said, until I read the 2nd last paragraph... Jordan was pushing it, and when you said Magic, everything you said in OP is invalid.

businesslawbrah
04-10-2012, 10:35 PM
OP is a brilliant man, a true gentlemen and a scholar

CurryTech777
04-10-2012, 10:56 PM
When you shoot into a trashcan with a piece of paper, whos name do you say?

kobe.

ballgame /endthread

fingerblaster69
04-10-2012, 11:12 PM
lol kobe can't hold rudy gay's jock strap

jamnajh
04-10-2012, 11:14 PM

No doubt about it.

I hate to say it, but you have a point.
But I have to disagree with you about three things.
- yes pau, never won a playoff game w/o Kobe, but Kobe never win a ring w/o him or shaq
- Michael Jordan definitely did not make others around him worse, and I don't think you have any proof to back that statement up. You were speaking for shock value. Who the hell would John paxson, Horace grant, and Toni kukoc be with out Michael? C'mon man.
- your probabl gonna freak when you read this but just give it the benefit of the doubt. Lebron James is the best teammate of this era, and I say this only because of the things he accomplished in Cleveland. He took a team of NOBODIES to the finals. The second best scoring option on that team was DANIEL GIBSON.

GETB1G
04-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I hate to say it, but you have a point.
But I have to disagree with you about three things.
- yes pau, never won a playoff game w/o Kobe, but Kobe never win a ring w/o him or shaq
- Michael Jordan definitely did not make others around him worse, and I don't think you have any proof to back that statement up. You were speaking for shock value. Who the hell would John paxson, Horace grant, and Toni kukoc be with out Michael? C'mon man.
- your probabl gonna freak when you read this but just give it the benefit of the doubt. Lebron James is the best teammate of this era, and I say this only because of the things he accomplished in Cleveland. He took a team of NOBODIES to the finals. The second best scoring option on that team was DANIEL GIBSON.

First point is stupid and can be used as a blanket statement for anybody.

Lol at Lebron. He's never been able to raise players around him to championship level, one Finals appearance in 7 years with the Cavs is pathetic. Pls go.

FuarkJohnson
04-10-2012, 11:39 PM
LeBron's teammates were pathetic. Where was Kobe without other all stars around him? Oh yeah, not even in the playoffs.

Someone to match Kobe would be Shaq. Seeing as Shaq brought Kobe to 3 out of 5 of his rings. Then went on to get one with Wade.

ClevageGobbler
04-10-2012, 11:44 PM
yeah lebron sure was a good leader and teammate up until the Finals came around. where was this best teammate of this era then?

GETB1G
04-10-2012, 11:45 PM
LeBron's teammates were pathetic. Where was Kobe without other all stars around him? Oh yeah, not even in the playoffs.

Someone to match Kobe would be Shaq. Seeing as Shaq brought Kobe to 3 out of 5 of his rings. Then went on to get one with Wade.

Lebron's teammates were fine. It's just that Lebron is pathetic, he's played with Allstars, DPOY's and a future HOF'er. Plus he's played in a weak Easten Conference, put Kobe in the East and he's in the Finals every year. Can't even score over 25 in a Finals, lol.
Even now, playing with 2 franchise level players and he still can't do shyt.

Shaq couldn't win with an Allstar guard in Penny in Orlando, wasn't until he teamed with Kobe GOAT that he won one. After they split, Kobe won 2, Shaq 1. Kobe>Shaq.

FuarkJohnson
04-10-2012, 11:46 PM
yeah lebron sure was a good leader and teammate up until the Finals came around. where was this best teammate of this era then?

Triple teamed, watch the series.

BlackGenetix
04-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Kobe = 0 playoff series wins without Shaq and Pau

is this real life

ClevageGobbler
04-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Triple teamed, watch the series.

Same thing with Kobe in 08 but he didn't shoot 35% from the field.

FuarkJohnson
04-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Lebron's teammates were fine. It's just that Lebron is pathetic, he's played with Allstars, DPOY's and a future HOF'er. Plus he's played in a weak Easten Conference, put Kobe in the East and he's in the Finals every year. Can't even score over 25 in a Finals, lol.

Shaq couldn't win with an Allstar guard in Penny in Orlando, wasn't until he teamed with Kobe GOAT that he won one. After they split, Kobe won 2, Shaq 1. Kobe>Shaq.

When your best second man in 7 years is an aged Antawn Jamison you had no help. Name someone who won with a worse team.

The East was top heavy, the C's were a powerhouse. Give LeBron Pau, Bynum, Odom and a younger Fisher back on the Cavs and he would've been winning championships too. Future HOF'er? He got Shaq right before retirement, then he went to the C's. Remember him on the C's? Yeah no one else does either. Shaq should've retired 4 years sooner. LeBron was triple teamed in the Finals against SAS watch the series.

Kobe had a better team than Shaq did on what....the Suns. Don't forget every ring Kobe and Shaq won together Shaq was FMVP, and for a reason. Dude was putting up RIDICULOUS numbers in the Finals and was literally unstoppable. Kobe got a perennial all star power forward and BIG man in Bynum. End of story. Kobe's great but he's always had a TON of help and when he didn't he was a nobody. LeBron's never had a quarter the help Kobe did until he went to the Heat and still managed.

Kobe would've done nothing with LBJ's Cavs...like he did nothing with his bad Lakers squad.

FuarkJohnson
04-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Same thing with Kobe in 08 but he didn't shoot 35% from the field.

lol no. you obviously didn't watch both series. you have to stay on pau/bynum/odom/fisher,etc

ClevageGobbler
04-10-2012, 11:54 PM
lol no. you obviously didn't watch both series. you have to stay on pau/bynum/odom/fisher,etc

Bynum didn't play in that series. KG dominated / sealed Pau up like a ziplock bag, Ariza was injured, Fisher was shut down.

GETB1G
04-10-2012, 11:56 PM
When your best second man in 7 years is an aged Antawn Jamison you had no help. Name someone who won with a worse team.

The East was top heavy, the C's were a powerhouse. Give LeBron Pau, Bynum, Odom and a younger Fisher back on the Cavs and he would've been winning championships too. Future HOF'er? He got Shaq right before retirement, then he went to the C's. Remember him on the C's? Yeah no one else does either. Shaq should've retired 4 years sooner. LeBron was triple teamed in the Finals against SAS watch the series.

Kobe had a better team than Shaq did on what....the Suns. Don't forget every ring Kobe and Shaq won together Shaq was FMVP, and for a reason. Dude was putting up RIDICULOUS numbers in the Finals and was literally unstoppable. Kobe got a perennial all star power forward and BIG man in Bynum. End of story. Kobe's great but he's always had a TON of help and when he didn't he was a nobody. LeBron's never had a quarter the help Kobe did until he went to the Heat and still managed.

Kobe would've done nothing with LBJ's Cavs...like he did nothing with his bad Lakers squad.

Funny how Jamison was putting up 20/9 on the Wizards but when Lechoke couldn't do shyt with him the excuses kick in. Nowitzki won with a wors team than Lebrick had in 2009. What's the excuse for last year?

Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron. It's an indesputable fact.

FuarkJohnson
04-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Bynum didn't play in that series. KG dominated / sealed Pau up like a ziplock bag, Ariza was injured, Fisher was shut down.

This was 08' Finals, unless you meant 09.

GAME 1 Lakers Lose 88-98
9-26 24 points

GAME 2 Lakers Lose 102-108
11-23 30 points

GAME 3 Lakers Win 87-81
12-20 36 points

GAME 4 Lakers Lose 91-97
6-19 17 points

GAME 5 Lakers Win 103-98
8-21 25 points

GAME 6 Lakers Lose 92-131
7-22 22 points

Strong statlines. not srs

FuarkJohnson
04-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Funny how Jamison was putting up 20/9 on the Wizards but when Lechoke couldn't do shyt with him the excuses kick in. Nowitzki won with a wors team than Lebrick had in 2009. What's the excuse for last year?

Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron. It's an indesputable fact.

I said until he went to the Heat. What scrub couldn't put up stats on the Wizards? Check out Jamisons fg% on the Cavs, he was a scrub on a legitimate team.

Strong lol @ the Mavs worse than the 09 cavs. Chandler > everyone on the Cavs. Not to mention Jet, Kidd (better than any PG brons ever seen in his career), barea playing above his caliber. Didn't those Mavs sweep Kobe too? lmao

No excuses last year, he choked. I said until he got to Miami for a reason. Strong argument though looks like you got none other than 'undisputable fact'. Logic.

BlackGenetix
04-11-2012, 12:00 AM

do you even basketball srs

antwan jamison is a stat padder chucker who had great stats because he was no.1 on a terrible team

jason terry >>>>>> Anthony Parker
Tyson Chandler >>>>> Zydrunas Iglauskas
Shawn Marion >>>>>>> Antwan Jamison
Jason Kidd >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mo Williams

Mavs Bench >>>>>>>> Cavs Bench

do you even basketball serious

ClevageGobbler
04-11-2012, 12:00 AM
This was 08' Finals, unless you meant 09.

GAME 1 Lakers Lose 88-98
9-26 24 points

GAME 2 Lakers Lose 102-108
11-23 30 points

GAME 3 Lakers Win 87-81
12-20 36 points

GAME 4 Lakers Lose 91-97
6-19 17 points

GAME 5 Lakers Win 103-98
8-21 25 points

GAME 6 Lakers Lose 92-131
7-22 22 points

Strong statlines. not srs

we were clearly talking about the 08 Finals and the 07 Finals. u mad I caught you in your own lie? Keep talking about how I didn't watch though...lying ass bitch

FuarkJohnson
04-11-2012, 12:02 AM
we were clearly talking about the 08 Finals and the 07 Finals. u mad I caught you in your own lie? Keep talking about how I didn't watch though...lying ass bitch

wtf are you even saying?

GETB1G
04-11-2012, 12:03 AM
I said until he went to the Heat. What scrub couldn't put up stats on the Wizards? Check out Jamisons fg% on the Cavs, he was a scrub on a legitimate team.

Strong lol @ the Mavs worse than the 09 cavs. Chandler > everyone on the Cavs.

No excuses last year, he choked. I said until he got to Miami for a reason. Strong argument though looks like you got none other than 'undisputable fact'. Logic.

It's only Lebron nuthugging phaggots like you that try to argue that Lebron is anywhere close to his level. It is an undisputible fact, there's a reason why the all time greats of the game and the majority of players, analysts and GM's say that Kobe is better.

dtbrehm
04-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Kobe went 0-2 and missed the playoffs in three years without Fisher. I think it's clear who carried who. We'll see how it goes this year.

Also, I know OP is trolling, but people forget how good Odom was with the Clippers.

BlackGenetix
04-11-2012, 12:26 AM
It's only Lebron nuthugging phaggots like you that try to argue that Lebron is anywhere close to his level. It is an undisputible fact, there's a reason why the all time greats of the game and the majority of players, analysts and GM's say that Kobe is better.

Michael Jordan: "Kobe is in the top 10 of shooting guards"

GETB1G
04-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Michael Jordan: "Kobe is in the top 10 of shooting guards"

Michael Jordan: "Kobe is the only player who has earned the comparrison to me"

Care to guess which one was more recent?

Wow, you're really bad at this, aren't you?

BlackGenetix
04-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Michael Jordan: "Kobe is the only player who has earned the comparrison to me"

Care to guess which one was more recent?

Wow, you're really bad at this, aren't you?

Jordan only said it because Nike told him to

Do you even basketball serious

GETB1G
04-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Jordan only said it because Nike told him to

Do you even basketball serious

Magic and Shaq: "Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time"

Phil Jackson even said Kobe is more skilled than MJ.

There's no escaping the greatnessof Kobe.

jimbogr
04-11-2012, 12:44 AM
I don't know why people get mad at these threads. Kobe's career is over for the most part. He'll have a few more irrelevant years as people try to say "he's back" or "we've got a chance this year." But it'll never happen. There are too many good young teams in the West for Kobe to get to a finals again.

RIP black mama

ClevageGobbler
04-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Magic and Shaq: "Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time"

Phil Jackson even said Kobe is more skilled than MJ.

There's no escaping the greatnessof Kobe.

There's no reasoning with trolls brah. Kobe is the best closer in NBA history but these clowns aren't trying to hear the truth.

BlackGenetix
04-11-2012, 01:13 AM
There's no reasoning with trolls brah. Kobe is the best closer in NBA history but these clowns aren't trying to hear the truth.

kobe has never closed in a nba finals

this is fact

travellingbrah
04-11-2012, 02:16 AM

so much fail in this threed. this is the climax of fail...

jamnajh
04-11-2012, 11:09 AM

You right about the trolls, but Kobe's late game heroics are overrated. His fg percentage late in games/OT isnt even as good as carmelo ( who statistically is the best closer in the game right now) and the only reasons Michael said that Kobe had earned the comparison to him were A. He dOes have 5 rings, no arguing about it. B. his game is almost identical to michaels'. He has aged almost just like him. Started off as an athlete, and as he got older developed a post game and became auch better shooter.
I would never compare Lebron to Michael. They don't play anything alike. I'd say Lebron is more of a majic Johnson/ Scottie pipped type.
But on any day, Any time, I would
Rather have Lebron on my team. He's unselfish, works hard on defense. Rebounds the ball. And will do whatever he can to win. This late game bs is so stupid.