PDA

View Full Version : Tired from carbs

BoltOnAnd
04-10-2012, 12:31 PM
My macros are 45/30/25 atm and I'm on a cut, eating 1850 calories per day. I'm almost always tired but my workouts are going quite well. However, last Sunday some acquaintances were coming over and I skipped a bunch of carbs that day (an apple and oats I'd put in my shake in the morning) and.... I was quite energized.. until I had that big ol' plate of pasta and I was back to being tired as hell 30 minutes later.

I'd also skipped my fatburner (I only take a small scoop to keep me from getting caffeine headaches 'cuz I take Animal Rage on workout days) for hours until right before dinner, so that definitely didn't wake me up either.

So the fact that I'm getting so damn tired from carbs and I wouldn't even say I eat that many at the moment, what could this imply? Should I cut more out of my diet? Even on my cut? Or are there any other factors I haven't considered?

KileyEPAF
04-10-2012, 12:35 PM
My macros are 45/30/25 atm and I'm on a cut, eating 1850 calories per day. I'm almost always tired but my workouts are going quite well. However, last Sunday some acquaintances were coming over and I skipped a bunch of carbs that day (an apple and oats I'd put in my shake in the morning) and.... I was quite energized.. until I had that big ol' plate of pasta and I was back to being tired as hell 30 minutes later.

I'd also skipped my fatburner (I only take a small scoop to keep me from getting caffeine headaches 'cuz I take Animal Rage on workout days) for hours until right before dinner, so that definitely didn't wake me up either.

So the fact that I'm getting so damn tired from carbs and I wouldn't even say I eat that many at the moment, what could this imply? Should I cut more out of my diet? Even on my cut? Or are there any other factors I haven't considered?

I generally keep my carbs low, but utilize them before and after my workouts. Larger portions such as pasta and pizza are much harder for the body to break down. Therefore, it needs to use more energy which usually results in fatigue. I would keep the portions lower and you shouldn't be as tired. Hope this helps.

koard31
04-10-2012, 12:37 PM
One of the first things you'll get is to read the stickies and asked what your numbers are based on those calculations.

I will say even without that, your calories seem low, and your fat content of about 50 grams a day seems low as well.

MAX.MAREK
04-10-2012, 12:56 PM
eating 1850 calories per day.

wow and your tired from just this? lol wait till you do a REAL bulk. then lets see how tired u are then.

maybe dont eat pasta. go for something like potatoes, or oats (like u do early in the day). pasta might not be working for you. just keep experimenting.

ErikTheElectric
04-10-2012, 12:56 PM
The reason your tired OP is most likely because your on an 1800 calorie diet, not the fact that you have carbohydrates.

Perhaps try a refeed, or try upping your caloric intake.

PBateman2
04-10-2012, 12:57 PM
What is your maintenance?

How did you come up with those macro ratios/percentages?

BoltOnAnd
04-14-2012, 02:46 AM
The pasta was a one time thing. Like.. that's basically my 'refeed', but my mom made waay too much food that day so I skipped a few servings of carbs that day to sort of offset the insane amounts I would get. My point was also more that.. I was completely NOT tired that day, for the first time in 2 weeks, and I skipped the carbs until dinner so I was wondering if I have some sort of low tolerance for carbs.

I've read the stickies and calculated everything according to them. I'm now fown 65 kgs while only seeing incremental changes in my fatloss.

According to my plan I'm eating:

1835 calories per day...
201,5 grams of protein
142,73 grams of carbs
47,4 grams of fat

My first meal of the day is whey isolate in low-fat milk, 30 grams of natural peanut butter (no additives) and 90 grams of oats. I take that with some omega 3s and an animal pak.

Later I have some lean meat with an appel

..3 hours later again.

For dinner I have meat, potatoes and vegetables. Totalling at 478 calories. My dinner's also my postworkout meal on workout days.

I have another shake with water (on workout days I take it postworkout instead) plut 20 grams at nuts at around 8 pm and before bed I'll have a casein shake with water.

I do a 3 day split of heavy resistance training. My performance has hardly gone down. I'm still doing what I did on my bulk.. when I was 15 kgs heavier, ugh. Some things have slightly gone down, most have stayed the same and I've improved my lower body on every exercise.

I see myself losing weight more than losing fat and like I said, my gym performance is still fine.. but I still feel my body craving for nutrients and 1850 really shouldn't be too low for me. I don't know my fat percentage because I have no accurate way of measuring to my disposal.

BoltOnAnd
04-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Could someone please critique my current diet?

I miscalculated some things early on which kinda threw my plan out of loop buut I'm eating 2000 calories per day now, and feeling much better. 500 cals below my actual maintenance.

213,05 grams of protein
151,43 grams of carbs
56, 2 grams of fats

I have my last serving of carbs for dinner where I eat a total of 516 calories.

What I'm slightly skeptical of, though, is my breakfast which is pretty big. 723 calories; 43 grams of protein, 68 grams of carbs, 26 grams of fats.

Is that good or overkill? Keep in mind that it's also my preworkout meal on workout days.

Ecobb
04-23-2012, 02:55 PM
You should be looking at something like this.

75g Fat
160g Cho
175g Pro

2,015 calories per day