PDA

View Full Version : Final 2012 NFL Mock Draft

The_Source
04-09-2012, 09:40 PM
NO TRADES

1. Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
-Colts once again get a once in a generation prospect. RGIII made things interesting, but they've already set the plan for Luck months ago, no need to change that come draft day.

2. Washington Redskins- Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
-Who else did they trade up for?

3. Minnesota Vikings- Matt Kalil, OT, USC
-Gotta give their "franchise QB" a franchise LT. Kalil is the best non QB in the draft imo.

4. Cleveland Browns- Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.
-Not like Holmgren to draft a WR this early, but they are in desperate need of a playmaker on offense. Most people have Richardson here, but the Browns run game wasn't nearly as bad as their passing game. Massaquoi and Little??

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
-Think he's overrated, but with the signing of Eric Wright, CB won't be that high of a priority for them. Richardson will give them another weapon to add to that new look offense.

6. St. Louis Rams- Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
-Rams do their best to revive the "Greatest Show On Turf" by taking the next best WR. Imo the drop-off between Blackmon and Floyd isn't that much.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars- Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
-Jags sit here excited as **** to see Claiborne drop to them. Not a huge priority, but def. the BPA

8. Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
-The Phins got turned down by a 9/10 (Manning), a 6/10 (Alex Smith), and even a 5.5/10 (Flynn), so now they gotta take the 3/10 fat girl who MIGHT look good if she lost some weight to prom

9. Carolina Panthers- Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
-DT's been a position of need of theirs for a while, so here's their chance to do so.

10. Buffalo Bills- Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
-If they can't re-sign Demestrius Bell, then Reiff's the pick. They've invested so much in Fitzpatrick, protecting him will definitely be a priority.

11. Kansas City- David Decastro, G, Stanford
-Chiefs just keep adding talent to that offensive line with who many think will be an elite guard for years to come. As a Charger fan, I'm really not looking forward to seeing a healthy Charles run behind that line.

12. Seattle Seahawks- Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
-Raheem Brock was pretty much nonexistent last season, so they'll help out Chris Clemons out by adding a premier pass-rusher.

13. Arizona Cardinals- Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
-With all the O-lineman worth taking this high gone, they'll also try to shore up their pass rush with who I think is the best pure pass rusher in the draft.

14. Dallas Cowboys- Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
-Not a big fan of the guy but some team is gonna take a chance on him, and I've seen reports the Cowboys have a lot of interest.

15. Philadelphia Eagles- Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
-They signed Demeco, but they still need someone to play the strong side. I think just like Demeco, Kuechly is athletic enough to play any of the 3 LB spots.

16. New York Jets- Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
-Jets have a huge need at safety. Eric Smith just sucks, and they can't count on Landry to stay healthy.

17. Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
-Hall won't be back till 2013, and Clements struggled all year.

18. San Diego Chargers- Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC
-Chargers LB coach, and former USC LB coach Joe Barry puts in a good word with the front office and gets his former player. I for one will be doing cartwheels in the living room if he's our pick.

19. Chicago Bears- Stephon Gilmore CB, South Carolina
-Bears need secondary help and get who I think is the 2nd best CB prospect in this draft.

20. Tennesee Titans- Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
-Titans take another step into fixing that D by shoring up that interior line that struggled last year.

21. Cincinnati Bengals- Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
-While not a position of need, there are numerous reports that Marvin Lewis absolutely loves this guy, and wants him with their 2nd first rounder.

22. Cleveland Browns- Jonathan Martin OT, Stanford
-Playing in the AFC North, the Browns are gonna need all the help they can get in protecting Concussion McCoy.

23. Detroit Lions- Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
-They lost Eric Wright, so the North Alabama Lion stays a Lion as long he doesn't get into another bar fight, or get caught with weed again. Shame cause he could've been drafted way higher, but then he got high...ooowooo :D

24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Cordy Glenn, G/OT, Georgia
-Steelers fans are overjoyed not just to see Glenn fall to them, but to celebrate that there is no chance they will ever see Chris Kemoeatu in a Steelers uni again!

25. Denver Broncos- Devon Still, DT, Penn State
-Last year they almost took Dareus 2nd overall, and this year lost Bunkley, so they'll look to fill this void here with Still.

26. Houston Texans- Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
-Great compliment to AJ, and at the same will time take some pressure off of him. Wright ran a poor 40 at the combine, but shut people up at his pro day running a 4.41

27. New England Patriots- Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB, Illinois
-Pats need pass rush, and they get just that with Mercilus

28. Green Bay Packers- Dont'a Hightower LB, Alabama
-Hightower imo can play any LB position you want him too, and he'll do just that with the Packers. Could play next to Hawk as an ILB, or play opposite of Mathews as an OLB.

29. Baltimore Ravens- Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
-No way he gets past the Ravens here if he's available. He'll play as Ben Grubb's replacement for now, and eventually be Matt Birk's successor.

30. San Francisco 49ers- Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
-Fleener's been shooting up the boards, and the Niners want to keep adding weapons to that offense. Harbaugh loves running twin TE sets, so he'll probably be looking to run something similar to what the Pats have going on with Gronk/Hernandez.

31. New England Patriots- Kendall Reyes, DE/DT, UConn
-The Haynesworth experiment was a bust so they'll look to solidify this position here.

32. New York Giants- Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
-They lost Manningham, so they'll replace him with a STEAL at 32.

There it is. Will the REAL Mike Mayock, please stand up? :cool:

bezarker
04-09-2012, 09:52 PM
mQACrEpSqOY

My Texans would be complete...

jimbogr
04-09-2012, 10:45 PM

???

The_Source
04-10-2012, 01:46 AM

lolwut? Thought you were a KC fan..

Also bump with descriptions of each pick

Zylantypic
04-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Came in just to see the 32nd pick, expecting either a lineman or a tight end.

left disappointed.

The_Source
04-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Came in just to see the 32nd pick, expecting either a lineman or a tight end.

left disappointed.

Like who? IMO Stephen Hill provides way more value than the next best available OL or TE

Zylantypic
04-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Like who? IMO Stephen Hill provides way more value than the next best available OL or TE
Fleener to the Giants bruh, the 49ers already have Davis so I see them going for Hill probably.

EDIT: Didn't see Dwayne Allen..dude is a pretty good TE, we'd probably go after him. I just don't see Reese going after a WR, we're fine with Nicks and Cruz, Manningham barely did anything for us this year.

JJMacD
04-10-2012, 02:07 AM
Do not want Mercilus.

He's gonna bust.

The_Source
04-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Fleener to the Giants bruh, the 49ers already have Davis so I see them going for Hill probably.

EDIT: Didn't see Dwayne Allen..dude is a pretty good TE, we'd probably go after him. I just don't see Reese going after a WR, we're fine with Nicks and Cruz, Manningham barely did anything for us this year.

Doubt the Niners will pass on him if he's there. They ran a ****load of twin TE sets last year, and nobody knows Fleener better than his former coach, Harbaugh. Plus did you see his pro day? The dude's a monster!

The TE class this year is very thin, so Allen in the 1st is a HUGE reach. I think Hill going to the G-Men would be a great situation. Regardless of his great numbers at the combine, he's still somewhat considered a project cause of the offense he came from. Going to a team with 2 established receivers to learn and develop from would be beneficial to both him and the Giants

Do not want Mercilus.

He's gonna bust.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/686/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Zylantypic
04-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Dude ran a 4.45 at 6'6 245 lbs...

notsureifsrsornextelitetightend/10

charity4thepoor
04-10-2012, 05:23 AM
erection/10

NCK MIZ
04-10-2012, 05:32 AM
I strongly doubt the Rams take Floyd at 6. Either they take Blackmon if he is available, or trade further down. Floyd is good, but not worth 6, maybe in the 9-12 range.

LikeAMachine
04-10-2012, 06:15 AM
I still think the Browns need to trade down, I don’t really think Richardson or Blackmon or worth #4.

But to say the Browns running game wasn’t as bad as the passing game. Not sure if srs?

Rushing 1531 yards, Passing 3090 and that was with Hillis on the roster (587 yards) and McCoy rushing for 212 yards (799 yards!) That’s like 700 yards from everyone else.

problemz
04-10-2012, 06:42 AM
I still think the Browns need to trade down, I don’t really think Richardson or Blackmon or worth #4.

This I agree with. But you also need some kind of "Star" on that team for fans to be excited about.

lsiberian
04-10-2012, 06:53 AM
lolwut? Thought you were a KC fan..
Also bump with descriptions of each pick

KC was originally the Texans back in the dark ages.

SpermWhale
04-10-2012, 07:52 AM
I could be wrong, but I highly doubt the Eagles take Luke Kuechly.

DIntimidator
04-10-2012, 08:06 AM
NO TRADES

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
-Think he's overrated, but with the signing of Eric Wright, CB won't be that high of a priority for them. Richardson will give them another weapon to add to that new look offense.

I think this is too high for a running back, but Tampa Bay doesn't have a terrible quarterback and their receivers are young, so another good running back would be a nice addition. Even with Eric Wright, I still think Claiborne is the pick here

7. Jacksonville Jaguars- Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
-Jags sit here excited as **** to see Claiborne drop to them. Not a huge priority, but def. the BPA

If he drops this far i'm sure charity4thepoor will die from too much fapping

14. Dallas Cowboys- Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
-Not a big fan of the guy but some team is gonna take a chance on him, and I've seen reports the Cowboys have a lot of interest.

Most Cowboys fans I know absolutely hate him, but I wouldn't be surprised with this pick. Still think Poe is only a second round talent

18. San Diego Chargers- Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC
-Chargers LB coach, and former USC LB coach Joe Barry puts in a good word with the front office and gets his former player. I for one will be doing cartwheels in the living room if he's our pick.

What a fine coincidence that he landed at 18 on a Chargers fan's mock ;)

19. Chicago Bears- Stephon Gilmore CB, South Carolina
-Bears need secondary help and get who I think is the 2nd best CB prospect in this draft.
You seem to have forgotten about Janoris Jenkins

-Steelers fans are overjoyed not just to see Glenn fall to them, but to celebrate that there is no chance they will ever see Chris Kemoeatu in a Steelers uni again!
no.jpg

in bold

LikeAMachine
04-10-2012, 08:23 AM
This I agree with. But you also need some kind of "Star" on that team for fans to be excited about.

The fans can go fck themselves. Nothing excites like winning, we don’t need WR’s, we don’t need flash, we need substance. For too long the organization has tried to please the fans…. SEE BRADY QUINN

RedAccord
04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
32. New York Giants- Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
-They lost Manningham, so they'll replace him with a STEAL at 32.

Although I'd like to see the Giants go with defense in the first round, I like this pick.

phillyfreak7
04-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Holy crap this mock draft is legit as F. Very little I disagree with.

Miked1978
04-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Nice mock. I like the 49ers pick.

I don't see the Browns taking a WR that early but i can say the samething about a RB. I still don't think the Bucs pass on Claibourne even with the addition of Eric Wright. Rhonde Barber is on his last leg, Talib sucks and Wright struggled in Detroit.

brb_ballin
04-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Hightower I actually wouldn't mind, he's a good player and could play ILB for us and move Bishop to OLB

but with Reyes and Branch on the board that fit a bigger need I don't think we'd pull the trigger.

Reyes would most likely be the pick.

Backus21
04-10-2012, 11:45 AM
I would be happy for the Steelers to pick a lineman at 24 but I dont Glenn lasts. I would be happy with that pick or getting Hightower to put with Timmons.

Also inb4 Kethnaab

kethnaab
04-10-2012, 02:45 PM
12. Seattle Seahawks- Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
-Raheem Brock was pretty much nonexistent last season, so they'll help out Chris Clemons out by adding a premier pass-rusher.not really how their defense rolls. it's as much like a 3-4 as a 4-3. Need to get a guy with some 3-4 OLB ability, since their LEO position plays stand-up OLB quite a bit

15. Philadelphia Eagles- Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College 0 chance Andy Reid drafts a LB in the first round

17. Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama DreK is a zone CB. Cinci runs almost exclusively man. Not a good fit

-Steelers fans are overjoyed not just to see Glenn fall to them, but to celebrate that there is no chance they will ever see Chris Kemoeatu in a Steelers uni again! meh. I'd take Adams if we're going to get an OL. Actually I'd trade back into the 2nd round, truth be told.

28. Green Bay Packers- Dont'a Hightower LB, Alabama extremely good pick for the Packers. Kevin Greene will be overjoyed to get his old teammate, Levon Kirkland, back on his team

29. Baltimore Ravens- Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
don't be surprised when they go with Kevin Zeitler instead

not too bad.

kethnaab
04-10-2012, 02:46 PM
I would be happy for the Steelers to pick a lineman at 24 but I dont Glenn lasts. I would be happy with that pick or getting Hightower to put with Timmons.

Also inb4 Kethnaab

inaftrbackus