PDA

View Full Version : please help me with my cutting/bike riding program

my03
04-07-2012, 03:18 AM
Hey guys, 3 weeks ago, I dislocated my shoulder, so I have decided to stop all upper body weight training and concentrate on road biking and core work until the physio tells me I can ease back into the lifting.

I guess the best i can do is get a try to get ripped while I'm waiting for the shoulder to heal up. And I have a really good bike route I can take in the mornings before work. It's about an hour ride.

I want to minimise muscle loss as much as possible, but is this possible since i wont be doing any resistance training other than core work?

What should my macro breakdown be during this time? the same as a normal cutting program? should i eat at a deficit?

And more importantly, I will be doing the cycling first thing in the morning, it will be a moderate intensity 1 hour bike ride and the core work in the afternoons about 6pm, can someone recommend me a good macro breakdown for before and after the ride and the ab workout? before the cycle i was thinking of something easy, like a shake with oats, banana, whey and skim milk.

Any advice for nutrition especially for my morning bike ride when i wake up would be great

Cheers

germaine07
04-07-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm not 100% sure on dieting without resistance training. but since nobody else has posted. If you meet macro sufficiency and eat at say 10-15% deficit, you should lose weight while limiting LBM loss. If you need help calculating this, please See http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981