PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Chicken Legend w/ Salsa

Ampoliros
04-05-2012, 01:23 AM
Am I wrong thinking this is a perfect food for IIFYM (concerning the general balance of macros and general personal needs)? It fits in to my calculators really well as a full balanced meal in one sandwich.

Dat dere legend:

515cal
30g protein
14g fat (2g sat.fat)
67g carbs (7g sugar)
5g fiber
2.6g salt - okay, I get that.

Why shouldn't these be a delicious meal replacement eaten more often?!

WonderPug
04-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Am I wrong thinking this is a perfect food for IIFYM.I guess you don't have a clue about the concept of IIFYM (really is really just that longstanding principle of DCA).

Ampoliros
04-05-2012, 01:31 AM
I guess you don't have a clue about the concept of IIFYM (really is really just that longstanding principle of DCA).

Maybe that was a bit of a broad statement.

I'm personally bulking, eating around 3k cals over 5 meals a day and the Legend (I added a bunch of fast food nutrition to see if I could fit stuff in for a treat etc.) is being used in lots of meal slots and meets my targets within my ratios very well when I use a random food generator set within the limits.

SayMilesAway
04-05-2012, 03:36 AM
So what is the question? Since you know it fits your macros what really needs to be asked here?

Ampoliros
04-05-2012, 03:48 AM
So what is the question? Since you know it fits your macros what really needs to be asked here?

I suppose I'm just still trying to shake the notion that fast food is bad for you and I need confirmation by my peers.

If I have two chicken legends a day (which I won't, but could), would I really see a difference in my health compared to the so called 'clean' foods. I think... not. But I just have that niggling "It's McDonald's" feeling.

Right now, I could substitute a few meals for one of these and fit my macros really well.

germaine07
04-05-2012, 04:13 AM
I believe at www.wannabebig.com it states that 80-90% of your diet should come from minimally processed foods, more towards 90% when bulking and can go more towards 20% when cutting. You still want to get wholesome foods to ensure micronutrient sufficiency.
I believe this to be the article http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

AlwaysTryin
04-05-2012, 04:25 AM
I believe at www.wannabebig.com it states that 80-90% of your diet should come from minimally processed foods, more towards 90% when bulking and can go more towards 20% when cutting. You still want to get wholesome foods to ensure micronutrient sufficiency.
I believe this to be the article http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

Think you have it back to front....

germaine07
04-05-2012, 04:38 AM
Think you have it back to front....
I was just re-iterating what it said in the article. It and I could be wrong :
In bulking scenarios, maintaining a 20% limit could potentially pose health risks that are already elevated by the process of weight gain, which in some cases involves a certain amount of fat gain. Conversely, weight loss tends to be an inherently cardioprotective process, independent of diet composition [29]. So, the 20% limit is more appropriate for those either losing or maintaining weight. Those who are gaining weight but want to play it safe should hover towards the lower & middle of the range (10-15%).

AlwaysTryin
04-05-2012, 04:48 AM
I was just re-iterating what it said in the article. It and I could be wrong :

Hmmm where on the flipside you have less cals on a cut so to reach your micros etc you would need more cals (less "free" cals) and vice versa

Food for thought

germaine07
04-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Hmmm where on the flipside you have less cals on a cut so to reach your micros etc you would need more cals (less "free" cals) and vice versa

Food for thought
I have to agree with you on that one. I guess it depends on the person's diet. Some people who are more active lets say, would have more room for extra calories when on a cut but those who are not highly active may not have much room after fulfilling their needs.

brendbro
04-05-2012, 05:50 AM
I have to agree with you on that one. I guess it depends on the person's diet. Some people who are more active lets say, would have more room for extra calories when on a cut but those who are not highly active may not have much room after fulfilling their needs.

still doesn't change the fact that you have less to fill the same amount of nutrients in when cutting

germaine07
04-05-2012, 05:57 AM
still doesn't change the fact that you have less to fill the same amount of nutrients in when cutting
I know but if 2 people on a cut. Both weigh the same and have same BF. 1 is considerably more active, so therefore will have a higher TDEE and more DCA to work with. I did say I agreed with AlwaysTryin logic.

WonderPug
04-05-2012, 06:13 AM
I wouldnt eat it. 515 calories for salad that tastes like crap. Make your own salad OP and save the extra 300+ calories on something else.FYI: It's not a salad.

rand18m
04-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Am I wrong thinking this is a perfect food for IIFYM (concerning the general balance of macros and general personal needs)? It fits in to my calculators really well as a full balanced meal in one sandwich.

Dat dere legend:

515cal
30g protein
14g fat (2g sat.fat)
67g carbs (7g sugar)
5g fiber
2.6g salt - okay, I get that.

Why shouldn't these be a delicious meal replacement eaten more often?!

I for one, would eat two!

RojanRando
04-05-2012, 06:17 AM
FYI: It's not a salad.
i have no idea what ur talking about :)

brendbro
04-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I know but if 2 people on a cut. Both weigh the same and have same BF. 1 is considerably more active, so therefore will have a higher TDEE and more DCA to work with. I did say I agreed with AlwaysTryin logic.

i realise you agreed and am not arguing with you on that, however it's illogical in what we're talking about to compare 2 separate individuals intakes when a single individual determines their own variable... you could compare a single persons cutting intake vs their bulking intake, which is what alwaystrying & I were stating :)

blangston1990
04-05-2012, 07:53 AM
What is a chicken legend?

tjwoody
04-05-2012, 08:03 AM
http://www.chb.com/images/work/_final_chickenlegend_image_0_486_261.jpg

tjwoody
04-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Man looks good! may try this over my KCF double down!