PDA

View Full Version : Gone over my Fats/Protein Macro for the day

Mozitski
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Calories: 538 Carbs: 143 Fat: -1 Protein: -12

As I have explained, I still got 538 calories to eat but my fat and protein have gone over the required amount.

Am I allowed to keep eating fats/protein or do I have to consume carbs now?

I want some peanuts. :p

lee__d
04-04-2012, 11:25 AM
fats/pro targets should be minimums you aim to hit. As in, there's no harm exceeding them (within caloric reason of course - keeping your deficit/surplus)

Mozitski
04-04-2012, 11:26 AM
fats/pro targets should be minimums you aim to hit. As in, there's no harm exceeding them (within caloric reason of course - keeping your deficit/surplus)

Ohh ok thanks, so I can eat anything really to fill my 538 calories? *wide grin* >: )

miacanesfan25
04-04-2012, 11:29 AM
If you haven't hit your carb goals for the day apply them to carbs. If I've met all my minimums I like to spread the remainder around between protein and carbs.

lee__d
04-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Ohh ok thanks, so I can eat anything really to fill my 538 calories? *wide grin* >: )

Sure >> As long as the majority of your diet is minimally processed (which should have allowed you to satisfy micro-nutrient requirements).

Mozitski
04-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Sure >> As long as the majority of your diet is minimally processed (which should have allowed you to satisfy micro-nutrient requirements).

Ahh yes, I forgot about micro-nutrients! I shall have a wide variety of food to fill those. :)

mjdieth
04-04-2012, 11:34 AM
If you haven't hit your carb goals for the day apply them to carbs. If I've met all my minimums I like to spread the remainder around between protein and carbs.

Say what????? There are no carb goals BTW

Mozitski
04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Say what????? There are no carb goals BTW

Ohreally?

mjdieth
04-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Ohreally?

Correct, just get your minimum fats and protein in and fill the rest with whatever you want. You certainly do not need carbs although it will give you energy. KETO diets are extremely low carb.

WonderPug
04-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Mozitski: From your post, I fear that fitness is damaging your quality of life.

Mozitski
04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Mozitski: From your post, I fear that fitness is damaging your quality of life.

Noo, I just want to understand these things so I know in the future! I love this new balanced diet because I'm still enjoying what I like but don't feel like ****. (I.E. My urge to binge on food I restricted myself from for a long time doesn't exist anymore)

Correct, just get your minimum fats and protein in and fill the rest with whatever you want. You certainly do not need carbs although it will give you energy. KETO diets are extremely low carb.

Ohh ok thanks, sounds very flexible!

miacanesfan25
04-04-2012, 12:46 PM

So by your logic, someone on KETO wouldn't have a carb goal? You're contradicting yourself. I never said he had a minimum/maximum for carbs. I said if he has met his carb goals he can apply them however he wishes which is what you and everyone else said, just worded differently.

Jen0va
04-04-2012, 01:04 PM
So by your logic, someone on KETO wouldn't have a carb goal? You're contradicting yourself. I never said he had a minimum/maximum for carbs. I said if he has met his carb goals he can apply them however he wishes which is what you and everyone else said, just worded differently.

congrats, with the addition of this post you've achieved argument for arguments sake.

Enjoy your pissing contest guys.

WonderPug
04-04-2012, 01:06 PM
So by your logic, someone on KETO wouldn't have a carb goal? Their goal would be to avoid carbs.

miacanesfan25
04-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Their goal would be to avoid carbs.

A goal nonetheless, thanks for the assist.

ErikTheElectric
04-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Go eat some nuts op..

Mozitski
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Go eat some nuts op..

50G peanuts, two biscuits ( :o ) , and an apple.

Done.. :cool: