PDA

View Full Version : I ate two hotdogs. How bad could this effect workout?

Csoto282
04-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Today I woke up and didn't really eat anything accept 3 small bowls of cereal and 2 hots dogs.

All together the bowl of cereal probably adds up to like 650 calories and the two hotdog giving me about 340 calories which 280 calories come from fat. Which means I probably consumed 1,000 calories or a llittle more then 1,100. Anyways I usually don't workout on Sundays but can me eating two hotdogs affect my goal on losing weight. I already lost 58 pounds and I was eating very little today intill I ate the hotdogs. So I would like your opinion on how what I ate today affect the way I workout tomorrow.

overunder
04-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Might as well start bulking your cut has been ruined for the week!

jkin who cares bounce back 2moro if over your limit set.

germaine07
04-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Today I woke up and didn't really eat anything accept 3 small bowls of cereal and 2 hots dogs.

All together the bowl of cereal probably adds up to like 650 calories and the two hotdog giving me about 340 calories which 280 calories come from fat. Which means I probably consumed 1,000 calories or a llittle more then 1,100. Anyways I usually don't workout on Sundays but can me eating two hotdogs affect my goal on losing weight. I already lost 58 pounds and I was eating very little today intill I ate the hotdogs. So I would like your opinion on how what I ate today affect the way I workout tomorrow.
You totally screwed up man!
But serious, read stickies, calories in vs. calories out determines weight loss.

Calpoly

Your obviously not very motivated if your eating cereal and hotdogs.

To answer your Q, no it wont effect the way you lift tomorrow. Be better. Prepackage your meals if your having difficulties sticking to your diet.

daver123
Did you go over your calorie goals and/or macros by consuming said hotdogs? Vague post is vague. Also, it concerns me that you said you "ate very little" before that. Stats?

Swamp Dog
04-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Op, I have an idea.
Tell us tomorrow exactly how your diet today affected your workout tomorrow. If you do not follow up, I will neg you. Srs

yieldtonothing
04-01-2012, 03:48 PM
pepper your angus

WonderPug
04-01-2012, 03:50 PM
I fear the OP might be suffering from an eating disorder or, at the very least, is acutely misinformed/uninformed about nutrition.

Csoto282
04-01-2012, 04:08 PM
I fear the OP might be suffering from an eating disorder or, at the very least, is acutely misinformed/uninformed about nutrition.

I am misinformed about nutrition. But I won't have to worry about anything I ate today. I'm gonna be doing my hardcore cardio workout in the next hour. Any calories I gain today will be sweat by 8:30EST.

WonderPug
04-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I am misinformed about nutrition. But I won't have to worry about anything I ate today. I'm gonna be doing my hardcore cardio workout in the next hour. Any calories I gain today will be sweat by 8:30EST.You should worry because you ate far too little and thus are acutely deficient in energy intake, macronutrient intake and micronutrient intake.

Basically, from your post it seems that you either have an astonishingly profound lack of nutrition knowledge and/or are suffering from a potentially acute eating disorder.

The first steps are to read:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

If after reading the content of the above links you don't immediately and dramatically increase your food intake then I urge you to seek medical attention, preferably from a psychiatrist that specializes in eating disorders.

Csoto282
04-01-2012, 05:17 PM
You should worry because you ate far too little and thus are acutely deficient in energy intake, macronutrient intake and micronutrient intake.

Basically, from your post it seems that you either have an astonishingly profound lack of nutrition knowledge and/or are suffering from a potentially acute eating disorder.

The first steps are to read:

If after reading the content of the above links you don't immediately and dramatically increase your food intake then I urge you to seek medical attention, preferably from a psychiatrist that specializes in eating disorders.

I will read them two topics also in two weeks I will be getting shots from my doctor so I'll ask her can I speak to a nutritionist. My family don't eat healthy so as a result I don't eat because they cook unhealthy. Thats why I eat very little. Its really hard to push my self nor motivate my self. I manage to lose 58 pounds by motivating my own self but I feel like im losing motivation but when I ate them two hotdogs and saw the thread with pictures of people showing them selves from fat to bulk or skinny I said I must workout today.

Calpoly
04-01-2012, 05:19 PM
I will read them two topics also in two weeks I will be getting shots from my doctor so I'll ask her can I speak to a nutritionist. My family don't eat healthy so as a result I don't eat because they cook unhealthy. Thats why I eat very little. Its really hard to push my self nor motivate my self. I manage to lose 58 pounds by motivating my own self but I feel like im losing motivation but when I ate them two hotdogs and saw the thread with pictures of people showing them selves from fat to bulk or skinny I said I must workout today.

Get a job and do your own grocery shopping

psychodiver9
04-01-2012, 05:36 PM

Is this English?

di3s3l28
04-01-2012, 05:42 PM
I had two http://hannaford.gsnrecipes.com/GetImage.aspx?vector=dcwUmJ1lclS2Gu/GD8KYn+NgRpRqCxtWAZbG+kWHrkke21xRZClo8jdaqitFi03g
before my workout last thursday.

PR's were had

JPL79
04-01-2012, 06:05 PM
A typical hot dog/bun is 250 calories. An average man who burns 2,500 calories a day could therefore lose weight on a diet comprised of 8-9 hotdogs a day. Healthy? No, but it's calories in, calories out.

As for ruining an upcoming workout? Why would 2 measly hotdogs ruin your workout?

daver123
04-01-2012, 07:08 PM

You really need to visit the stickies on how to calculate calories needed and count your daily calories. Eating a quasi-unhealthy diet but getting enough calories is much better than way under-eating, IMO.

AlwaysTryin
04-01-2012, 08:11 PM
OP do you consume protein at all? Or just carbs and fat

MiscDemeanor
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
is this english?
lawl

Edit: is this real life?

All together the bowl of cereal probably adds up to like 650 calories

psychodiver9
04-02-2012, 03:16 AM
lawl

Edit: is this real life?

Homeboy grayed me for that. Debating on redding him

paradux
04-02-2012, 03:36 AM
Your obviously not very motivated if your eating cereal and hotdogs.

To answer your Q, no it wont effect the way you lift tomorrow. Be better. Prepackage your meals if your having difficulties sticking to your diet.

Not sure if you are serious? I eat cereal everyday(a lot) and I'm very motivated?

psychodiver9
04-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Tryting to say me english was bad. Grow up.

The irony of this message being my gray neg

MiscDemeanor
04-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Homeboy grayed me for that. Debating on redding him
You wanna save them negs for a later, more useful time.

OP did you read them 2 topics after eating them 2 hotdogs?

ErikTheElectric
04-02-2012, 09:06 AM
uhhhh, I think you would have a better workout given the extra kcals. Go do work OP.

vitornoob
04-02-2012, 09:18 AM
errr....abbort abbort, OP < 18

nacersusaf
04-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Frankly the op is 17... so... how advanced is the average 17 year old in terms of nutrition? The fact that the Op is on here trying to learn is commendable.

That being said, it's not going to hurt you in the long run. Are hot dogs and cereal the optimal thing for a pre-workout meal? Probably not, but you do what you have to do and move on from it. Definitely read the stickies and do what you can to make improvements, but kudos to you for even giving a half of a **** in the first place. :)

MikeK46
04-02-2012, 10:41 AM
So I would like your opinion on how what I ate today affect the way I workout tomorrow.

How many calories you eat vs. how many calories you burn is what will determine what happens to your weight. Not the names of the food you eat, or whether you think a food is "healthy" or "unhealthy." (no food or meal can be "healthy/unhealthy/good/bad/clean/dirty" on it's own outside the context of the entire diet).

Food is also good for giving you energy to train, so eating generally improves your strength & stamina.

cubsfan2
04-02-2012, 01:11 PM
OT: Most men think about sex every 8 seconds. I have trained myself to eat hotdogs in 7 seconds, so it doesn't seem awkward. :)

adam483t
04-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Whelp, diet is ruined. No going back.

Swamp Dog
04-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Well?

miacanesfan25
04-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I can hear the fat growing from here.