PDA

View Full Version : Someone who has gotten to competition bodyfat% please clear this up for me.

lift4lyf
03-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Alot of people say that a regular calories deficit doesnt work when you want to go under 10% bodyfat. They say u need to do either keto or carb cycling. Is this true? Seems highly brosciency.

determined4000
03-30-2012, 11:56 PM
very bro

AlwaysTryin
03-31-2012, 12:03 AM
No

All you need is time, patience and a consistent deficit

Patience is what most of the world lacks - they want and expect everything then and there

DJohnson
03-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Maybe it's only for those of us who've lost a lot of fat and the body probably fights it harder than usual but I find I had to use appetite control strategies which include carb cycling, low carb, IF, etc.

adamrochester
03-31-2012, 12:39 AM
calories in vs calories out losing a pound a week :) and taking pics Patience is key and slow and steady

but it has been known some people do stall no matter what they do . i remember layne stalled so he did a carb cycle for a week and he mad progress again so i guess everyones different

naturalguy
03-31-2012, 04:44 AM
calories in vs calories out losing a pound a week :) and taking pics Patience is key and slow and steady

but it has been known some people do stall no matter what they do . i remember layne stalled so he did a carb cycle for a week and he mad progress again so i guess everyones different

On a contest diet you do have to make adjustments, you don't just eat below maintenance and put it on auto pilot lol. It doesn't work that way, sometimes you do have to use different strategies, it's not as simple as calories in vs calories out.

Flex500
03-31-2012, 05:37 AM
there are other factors involved when getting in contest shape absolutely. Not 10% bodyfat though. Anyone can do that pretty much eating what you want and working out on a deficit.

If you are talking a LEGIT sub 6%...I mean legit sub 6...yes there are other things to think of. Food choice does matter. In the last 4 weeks of a show when I am super lean...I mean veins all over abs lean food choice is a big deal. For instance if I have the same macros but eat cottage cheese, milk, or other dairy at night I wake up holding water. i eat a steak and I'll look totally different in the morning. But you have to remember at that point you are so lean you see changes everyday...sometimes every hour...depending what you eat in one single meal.

You do NOT have to go low carb though. I know plenty of guys who are low fat, high carb, high protein up to the show. I don't do that...I just can't get lean enough that way. Even if my calories are the same I just don't really burn off the fat unless I'm depleted, flat, and on low carbs.

we are talking about two separate things though...many can get 7-12 percent bodyfat and as long as you hit your macros you don't have to do a specific or drastic diet like low carb, carb cycling etc. What I'm referring to avovce is that sub 6 and sub 5% when you are so lean you look different based on what you ate last.