PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Health and Fitness Myths?

berkeberke
03-30-2012, 04:34 PM
I didn't really know what section to post this in, but I figure this one is as good as any. Anyways, I'm writing a mini-ebook to give away on my website which is about health and fitness myths debunked. I've come up with a good couple myths, but I'm having writer's block and am struggling to come up with more. What do you guys think are some of the biggest health and fitness myths?

WonderPug
03-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Myth: Weight lifting, especially with heavy weights, is necessary to build huge muscles.
Truth: You just need to CrossFIT.

Myth: It's caloric balance that determines bodyweight.
Truth: It's the names of the foods you eat that determine bodyweight.

Myth: You need to eat lots protein to build big muscles.
Truth: Bananas are all you need.

ironwill2008
03-30-2012, 05:38 PM
TWO myths debunked at once:

http://i.imgur.com/HNg10.jpg

Jeep Brah and Bigfoot have now been positively identified; they're the same dude.

That's all I've got OP.

dizzzane
03-30-2012, 06:09 PM
ebook at 16 years old, I'll probably read.

CoachShredder
03-30-2012, 06:32 PM
#1 - Eat Low Fat to Lose Fat.
#2 - Do Cardio to Lose Fat
#3 - Soy is Healthy...lol
Goodluck with your book!

hogangolfpro
03-30-2012, 07:40 PM
2 of my favorites that I get asked by clients on a regular basis are: #1. Can we do more core work so I can see my abs? Answer:no, abs only show themselves when you drop to low enough bodyfat %. #2. Can I eat this...or that? Answer: IF it fits in your macros for the day...eat away. There are others but those are the 2 that I get sick of answering almost everyday.

liuzhoudragon
03-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Myth: Spot reduction in general
Myth: If I do 1000000000000000000000 cruches/sit ups I can get a 6 pack.
Myth: for girsl, ewww if I lift that sweaty dumbell I am going to ugly and beefy looking.
Myth: for girls Lose fat in the belly, legs arms....but lost none in the chest or butt.
Myth: Carbs are evil
Myth: Gluten is evil (for those without celiac disease)
Myth: X is a superfood.............no it is just a healthy food I don't care how many god dam blueberries you eat if you still drink a 6-pack with chips you going ot be unhealthy. a superfood doesn't magically erase everything assoicated with the bad choices you made that day.
Myth: The FDA said.....................(honestly their track record is so fruaking horrible I would rather ask napoleon what to wear in moscow during january)
Myth: Everyone in my family is fat, super skinny, X, Y, Z......so i can't help it/ must be it to
Myth: the big guys/ hot girls in the gym laugh at me, look down on me,etc. (shockingly most of the time other people have their own lives and don't really care)
Myth: There is no gym near me so I can't work out, lift wieghts, etc.
Myth: Fat is bad. eating fat makes you fat. eating 0 fat is good for you
Myth healthy food is expensive (lentils,beans, nuts and seeds are dirt cheap as are eggs, etc) vs. (cost of a surgery to cut viens out of your legs and put them with your heart)
Myth: But (insert random celebrity) does this diet/exercise program...I should do it.
Myth: I am still 180 lbs....I haven't made progress (scale obession vs body comp with a side of radom water weight)
Myth: Not eating for 2 days is a good way to lose wieght
Myth: eating only ( insert 1 kind of healthy food ie. celery, spinach) for a few weeks is a good way to lose weight.
Myth: the runners high/lifters high is a myth
Myth: the fit people are all overerly smilely and happy because they just are stuck up a-holes and want to sell things ( sometimes true...mostly they genuinely feel great because they feel good....endorphins, serotonin....exercised body= happy brain)