PDA

View Full Version : How is this for a muscle building diet?

riaomonero
03-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Meal 1 -3 Eggs On wholemeal toast followed by a piece of fruit
Meal 2 - A breaded piece of fish with steamed broccoli
Meal 3 - Beans on Toast followed by a piece of fruit
Meal 4 - A pre workout whey protein shake
Meal 5 - A post workout whey protein shake
Meal 6 - 3 vegetarian sausages (11g of protein each) with steamed sprouts and mashed sweet potato
Meal 7 - Porridge Oats and strawberries with a scoop of whey protein

For days when I'm busy and out and about I make peanut butter protein bars, which have about 25 of protein and 9 grams of fat in each. I have around 6 to 8 of them during the day.

I dont take any supplements as of yet, but I'm planning to start taking fish oil and multi vitamins and perhaps some fat burners to get rid of body fat but I'm not sure.
This is along with a solid training routine, 4 days a week which incorporates changing up the exercises to keep the muscles shocked.
I've only followed this for 2 weeks so far, and havent noticed a difference......yet ;)

What do you guys think?

chameleonism
03-30-2012, 04:18 PM
You need to calculate your TDEE/macros from the stickies in this section. Add 250-500 calories to your maintenance and shoot for a gain of .5-1lb/wk. Also, if you want a diet critique, include the macros (P/C/F). Get a solid multi, fish oil, and mono creatine. Most consider them effective and they won't kill your wallet. Don't worry about fat burners if you are trying to bulk imo.

Curlers
03-30-2012, 04:33 PM
looks pretty good to me. im no expert, but all that clean eating is gonna do you some good. but like the previous poster said. include the macros if you can. not sure if your using a calorie counter, but lots of people here use 'myfitnesspal' (myself included) whats good about it is that it saves the foods you normally eat so you can log it quick, and it works out the macros for you.

good luck with the bulking!

fishnbrah
03-30-2012, 04:54 PM
beans on toast?

aaron55678
03-30-2012, 04:58 PM
beans on toast is a heroic meal, add some cheese and it just gets better

fishnbrah
03-30-2012, 05:01 PM
what kind of beans? is this british stuff or what? never heard of beans on toast.

ironwill2008
03-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Meal 1 -3 Eggs On wholemeal toast followed by a piece of fruit
Meal 2 - A breaded piece of fish with steamed broccoli
Meal 3 - Beans on Toast followed by a piece of fruit
Meal 4 - A pre workout whey protein shake
Meal 5 - A post workout whey protein shake
Meal 6 - 3 vegetarian sausages (11g of protein each) with steamed sprouts and mashed sweet potato
Meal 7 - Porridge Oats and strawberries with a scoop of whey protein

For days when I'm busy and out and about I make peanut butter protein bars, which have about 25 of protein and 9 grams of fat in each. I have around 6 to 8 of them during the day.

I dont take any supplements as of yet, but I'm planning to start taking fish oil and multi vitamins and perhaps some fat burners to get rid of body fat but I'm not sure.
This is along with a solid training routine, 4 days a week which incorporates changing up the exercises to keep the muscles shocked.
I've only followed this for 2 weeks so far, and havent noticed a difference......yet ;)

What do you guys think?

Whey protein is a supplement. You'd do well to seek your protein from regular food.

Read the stickies, and refigure your P/C/F requirements; you're woefully short on at least dietary fat.

Changing up exercises to keep the muscles "shocked" is nothing but broscience, and a certain route to staying the same as you are now. Go to the 'workout programs' forum and find a structured routine in the stickies there.

Kahldris
03-30-2012, 05:52 PM
I keep a defibrillator near by when I lift to keep my muscles shocked.

WonderPug
03-30-2012, 05:55 PM
I keep a defibrillator near by when I lift to keep my muscles shocked.That's a shocking good idea that I might integrate into my 14 meal per day, 12 protein shake per day, muscle confusion bicep curl workout program.

riaomonero
03-31-2012, 06:13 AM
what kind of beans? is this british stuff or what? never heard of beans on toast.

yeah its truly british.
Baked beans in a tin. They are really high in protein and fibre. One tin has about 18 grams of protein in and 9 grams of fibre. With three pieces of toast its around 33 g of protein.
You can get them in the US and Canada, they just dont taste as good.

PedigreeJF
03-31-2012, 06:19 AM
yeah its truly british.
Baked beans in a tin. They are really high in protein and fibre. One tin has about 18 grams of protein in and 9 grams of fibre. With three pieces of toast its around 33 g of protein.
You can get them in the US and Canada, they just dont taste as good.

You can't just proclaim that baked beans are British man, nobody or country can take credit for baked beans, that would be straight out wrong.

The beans used to make baked beans are all native to North America and were introduced to Italy in 1528 and to France by 1547. It seems America won this battle. *Sigh*

Also you can buy Baked beans that are low in sugar with obviously less carbs on top of that and the same Fibre and protein.