PDA

View Full Version : my diet, please critique...

Quiet Storm
11-08-2001, 08:55 PM
well, im 16 and i havent been workin out for long but i regret not startin out on a cutting cycle, im a mesomorph turned endomeso on account of my hypoactive thyroid gland and am on a prescription of T3 hormones so losing weight is really hard and i put it off... i wanna get down to 170 or 180 and am currently around 210-220 (my weight fluctuates worse than oprah's!)

here is my training split:
mon - chest & tris
wed - back & bis
fri - legs, delts & traps
tues, thursday, saturday - 45-60 mins of cardio

im going to reduce my calories as follows:
week 1 - 2500 cals
week 2 - 2300 cals
week 3 - 2100 cals
week 4 - 2000 cals
and then go down 100 cals each week till i get to 1500 and continue on from there until the weight is gone.

my diet consists of whole foods, and a moderate amount of good fats (canola oil, nuts) and low sugar

what do you people think?

BigBrother
11-09-2001, 12:13 AM
exercise plan looks good

on your diet youll lose too much muscle
you need to try to keep your body in an "anabolic" state
i dont mean roids, i mean a situation where your muscles dont waste away.
ie. anabolic diet
you dont want to lose weight so fast, no more than around 2 pounds per week.
You aim should be BF% change
Remember quality fat is a "protector" of muscle
Carbs cause insulin spikes= good for packing on mass, bad for fat accumilation
I, currently am on a diet called Bodyopus (anabolic diet)
Ive lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks, not so impresive?
Impresive part is that ive lost 5% BF (bodyfat)
Its a HIGH FAT, HIGH PROTIEN diet, no carbs during the week, with carb loading on Sat. & Sun. (Fat 30%, Carb 40%, Protien 30%) This "teaches" your body to use fat as a fuel instead of carbs, on the weekend the carbs you do take in will be directly shuttle nutrients to your muscles via Insulin. without fat being stored
good luck, train like an animal, and be smart

Quiet Storm
11-09-2001, 08:13 AM
bigbro: that makes alot of sense! do you have a link or something where i can read up on taht kind of diet because i do not want to lose my gains. thanks alot.

prelude
11-09-2001, 10:12 AM
Hey Big Brother,

Is that the same as the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet? Can you provide us with a sample meal plan for you or for a 180 lb. guy with 18-20%BF. I'd like to start this kind of diet but not really too familiar or educated about it yet. Can you help me?

1. How often do you weight lift and do you take in carbs for postworkout?

2. During Carb loading, do you limit it still to 40% carbs and what kind of carbs are permitted?

3. I was planning on doing a cycle of 1AD coz I heard it's good for cutting. Will the 1AD affect this diet or vice versa?

Thanks for any input!!!

BigBrother
11-09-2001, 02:25 PM
OK you can find it on www.bloodsweatsteel.com
--->find the "-nutrition and diet-" link its there under anabolic diet

remember no more than 30 grams of carbs a day
take these 30 min after workouts in the form of fruit ie. apple, banana

Heres my sample meal plan. I weigh 235 BF%@15%
1st meal- 6 eggs, 4 slices bacon
2nd meal- protien mix= 44 grams of protien 1 gram carb,
sunflowere seeds
3rd meal- can of tuna with cottage cheese, 10 oz of peanuts
postworkout meal- banana, beef product, pork, or chicken
ex. popeyes without the batter, steak
pork chops, chicken breast @ 50 g pro.,
100 g of fat
4th meal- 5 hot dogs with cheese, beef jerky
5th meal- protien mix

On weekend include pasta, rice, potato, (complex carbs) in your meals
also if you gotta cheat (cookies, cake, ice cream) its ok but dont go overboard. Do cardio
YOU CANNOT CHEAT DURING THE WEEK! WITH ALL THOSE FATS, THE INSULIN SPIKE CAUSED BY CARBS WILL IMMEDIANTLY STORE THEM AS FAT!!!!!!, its ok on weekends because your body should be completely free of liver and blood glucose

prelude
11-09-2001, 03:04 PM
...So I guess 50g pro and 50g carb for postworkout is definitely a no no? If I lift Mon/Wed./Fri., would a banana be enough for post
workout. If it is how about a v8 fruit juice? Thanks!!!

Steve the Great
11-10-2001, 02:01 PM
This sounds really interesting....and your accomplishments are impressive Brother...I think I'm going to give this a try myself..

Dorian
11-10-2001, 03:07 PM
prelude ,use the post workout shake at 50 50 or you will regret it.

prelude
11-12-2001, 08:35 AM
OK I'm really confused now. The article I read suggested the following: MON to FRI - Keto Diet
SAT & SUN - Carb loading
It also suggested to weight train MON and TUES so you will still have some carbs from the carb loading days. But the problem is I can only train sometimes Mon. but definitely on Wed. and Fri. Can Will it matter what days I train or I have to follow what the article suggested? Thanks!!!

Jonspesh
03-14-2014, 06:41 AM
well, im 16 and i havent been workin out for long but i regret not startin out on a cutting cycle, im a mesomorph turned endomeso on account of my hypoactive thyroid gland and am on a prescription of T3 hormones so losing weight is really hard and i put it off... i wanna get down to 170 or 180 and am currently around 210-220 (my weight fluctuates worse than oprah's!)

here is my training split:
mon - chest & tris
wed - back & bis
fri - legs, delts & traps
tues, thursday, saturday - 45-60 mins of cardio

im going to reduce my calories as follows:
week 1 - 2500 cals
week 2 - 2300 cals
week 3 - 2100 cals
week 4 - 2000 cals
and then go down 100 cals each week till i get to 1500 and continue on from there until the weight is gone.

my diet consists of whole foods, and a moderate amount of good fats (canola oil, nuts) and low sugar

what do you people think?

Dude, I remember when I came on here and didn't know a lot either, the best thing you can do is work out your macros as everyone is different. I literally got my head in books and watched a lot on you tube which educated me about foods. I then calculated what I needed Protein, Carbs and Fats and worked my diet around this. I lost a stone in FAT in 3 weeks - Diet is all about science, eating properly and working out what YOUR body needs and what is doesn't.

Have a look and do some homework on macronutrients and work out your stats!!

MrM27
03-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Dude, I remember when I came on here and didn't know a lot either, the best thing you can do is work out your macros as everyone is different. I literally got my head in books and watched a lot on you tube which educated me about foods. I then calculated what I needed Protein, Carbs and Fats and worked my diet around this. I lost a stone in FAT in 3 weeks - Diet is all about science, eating properly and working out what YOUR body needs and what is doesn't.

Have a look and do some homework on macronutrients and work out your stats!!
Strong 13 year old bump.

dietman82
09-07-2014, 01:00 PM
keep up the great work! Never too young to start to train

Luclin999
09-07-2014, 01:13 PM
AND YET ANOTHER bump to a dead thread... dietman82 is on a roll today...

... All downhill.