PDA

View Full Version : Fat loss plateau

Joiner2008
03-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Since July of last year I've finally decided to stop being such a lard ass. I was prediabetic, 300 pounds at 5'10, wearing size 40 waist jeans. By the end of August I was at 270 with a loose fitting size 38 jeans as well as gotten my blood sugar levels normal (I bought a meter and checked 20 times in one day, even eating a bunch of candy), and over the winter I've seemed to plateau. I'm currently a 36 waist at 263 (people guess me to be 220 averaged), my most impressive lift is my squat at 375 two sets of five. Anyways I've stopped trying to gain muscle mass as enlisting is an option I've had in mind, I need to lose more fat though changing to a full hour of intense cardio seems to have gotten me no where. A guy at work has offered to let me use his Insanity DVDs but has lost the nutrition guide. Thoughts? Will this break the plateau? I currently go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do 20 minutes of HIIT running and 40 minutes of hard bicycling.

SeanAnderson303
03-26-2012, 08:18 PM
I would look into doing cardio both AM and post weights if possible. I don't run, but me. Instead, I utilize the treadmill and stair master at different inclines, speeds, and times to keep my body guessing.

Hows the diet? That's something I'd definitely begin to review first.
Good luck.

Joiner2008
03-26-2012, 08:34 PM
I've actually stopped lifting to focus on weight loss, figure I can gain mass later if I wanted. I've started using a calorie counter on my phone and have been good at keeping around 2200, I typically end up short on workout days from the calories spent on exercise. My diet is healthy but not best for weight loss, but I'm struggling to pay to live, I can't afford much different.

gpo613
03-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Eat less and start walking for an hour a day as well in addition to regular cardio

Joiner2008
03-26-2012, 08:42 PM
I eat on average a small meal for breakfast and a regular sized dinner, it's actually better to eat more often and smaller meals I'm hearing. This week for my calorie counter I've come 4300 calories under goal yet I gained two pounds. Or can that just be a fluctuation with water? I drink an average of a gallon a day

Joiner2008
03-26-2012, 08:45 PM
This last week, 48% of my calories is from carbs, 36% from fat, and 16% from protein, bu the girlfriend and I did cheat and eat out a couple times, don't usually, and the calorie counter still says I came in under on my fat carb and protein intakes