PDA

View Full Version : need some beginner tips for my wife

jadenx2
03-25-2012, 08:39 PM
some quick info:

my wife is pretty out of shape and is wanting to start working out with me and try to lose some fat in the process, mostly around her belly and hips. but because she hasn't done much exercise in years, i'm trying to figure out what a good starting routine would be for her. are there any good beginner exercises she should focus on at first?

Rowyn
03-25-2012, 08:48 PM
All the basics you would do (I hope)---squat, deadlift, bench, overhead press, pullups, yadayada. Starting Strength is a good jumping off point. She can't spot reduce, overall lean mass will make her tighter and more fit.

some quick info:

my wife is pretty out of shape and is wanting to start working out with me and try to lose some fat in the process, mostly around her belly and hips. but because she hasn't done much exercise in years, i'm trying to figure out what a good starting routine would be for her. are there any good beginner exercises she should focus on at first?

freebirdmac
03-26-2012, 05:54 AM
What Ro said plus a slight caloric deficit is all she needs. More of the recomp than a fat loss deficit.