PDA

View Full Version : Eggs all day everyday? thoughts? opinions, health risks?

friggencolossal
03-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi all

first post and I need to ask what fellow bodybuilders think of this idea? To keep things real short I'm 148 LBS and finally recovering from Lyme Disease, and a stomach ulcer. not to mention I have a small sliding hernia in my stomach :-( unfortunately I also have the body type where I constantly need to be near food or else I'm guaranteeing weight lose. to make things worse my Hernia sometimes makes eating extremely difficult (anything acidic and forget it).

Getting to the point. I'm finally locking in on a real diet. but the past few days I've been eating a crazy amount of eggs and I've heard stories from both parties that agree or highly disagree that this is healthy. So far I'm up to 12-16 eggs a day. what I'll do is this

Upon rising: 30-40 grams Isopure protein - set aside a multivitamin and fish oil for breakfast
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, is: two slices of buttered wheat toast, four eggs scrambled with a nice scoop of low fat cottage cheese

Snacks in between meals are usually protein shakes with something else if I can stomach it

fourth meal is usually something light, maybe some more eggs but with no toast (again Hernia makes eating difficult)

I love eating the eggs, it gives me the satisfaction that I know I'm getting some good food. But recently I've heard that eating anything more then 6-8 eggs 2-3 days a week is pushing it. BUT then I read an article on Kellan Lutz eating 16 eggs in the morning to build his body for Immortals... So pretty much all the eggs I eat throughout the day, Lutz would eat before the afternoon even hit... Is it alright to eat the amount I'm eating since I'm desperately trying to put on weight on a 22 y/o 148 pound frame?

Thanks All

PLEASE someone just tell me that eating them eggs is alright. because I'll eat 20+ a day if I have to ha ha

GeneralSerpant
03-25-2012, 05:23 PM
If you're feeling so inclined to eat that many eggs, I don't see a problem.

Don't change a winning horse.

If I was eating that much egg, I'd probably be trying to keep my fiber in check also only for digestive purposes. As I was saying though, only change it if something isn't workout out.

hilltopper1993
03-25-2012, 05:32 PM
I eat eggs like crazy, I'm fine.

Who cares if they are bad??? In your case, it would be eat something "bad", or starve. Weigh the options for yourself man.

LiveToEat
06-04-2012, 08:06 AM
I agree, eat the eggs as much as you need to. The best lifter to ever hit my high school ate 12 eggs every morning. To give you an idea, he was an all-state football player and now he is an olympic lifter for Lindenwood University. I believe he placed 4th in the nation and narrowly missed the olympic team. Kyle Dosterschill, look him up. Definitely get some good fiber in. If food is hard on you, try getting some metamucil or something

CoachFatLoss
06-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Eggs are a great source of protein/healthy fat. Eating eggs daily isn't a problem.
But I think 12-16 a day is a bit excessive, you should consider varying your protein source... Don't get me wrong, I think they're great, but 16 is excessive to me.

Bema
06-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Health wise - nothing wrong with it. Just make sure you're getting enough of everything else you need too.

You might get a bit bored of them however...

hooahfries
06-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I think the hardcore overload of fat soluble vitamins could be an issue, I wouldn't recommend it for this and only this reason. The saturated fat and cholesterol should have little impact though.

k9pit
06-04-2012, 04:02 PM
For me it'll be more of a social concern......................................fart.