PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition advice for weightloss

Jynx18
03-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Looking for some input on the best way to approach weightloss. I have done a search and read the stickies. I am aware that calories in must be less than calories burned. I also know you can lose weight by eating crap as long as it is under your caloric needs. The thing is 2000 calories of junk food is not that much quantity since it is so calorie dense making you still hungry and unsatisfied.

My main quiestion is what are the best foods to eat to make it as easy as possible. I am looking for the most satisfying and healthy foods. High amount of nutritional value with lower calorie content. Currently I only know of some limited foods. Generally the foods I eat all the time are listed below. (I don't eat all of them at the same time it is just what I rotate in and out of). Any input on food I should be eating and stuff I should stop eating would be great.

Also just another note. My main goal is weight loss. Not build muscle, lose weight. As of now I am just looking to drop weight.

Breakfast:
Eggs with mushroom, pepper, onion, spinach
Oatmeal
Cereal with skim milk

Lunch/Dinner:
Chicken breast
Tuna
Turkey chop meat
Brown Rice
Whole grain bread
Sweet Potato
Broccoli
Apples, banana, pear, oranges, etc...

Snacks:
Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
String cheese
Avocado
Almonds

Drinks:
Water and Green Tea. No alcohol or coffee

illiniStrive
03-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Seems like you've got a good list going. It's hard to suggest foods because we don't know what you like. You'll be successful eating foods you like within your deficit. For more satiety go for higher protein, bigger meals.

Good luck :)

germaine07
03-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Vegetables are quite filling and very low calories. Lean cuts of meats can also be quite filling with not so many calories.

Jynx18
03-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Seems like you've got a good list going. It's hard to suggest foods because we don't know what you like. You'll be successful eating foods you like within your deficit. For more satiety go for higher protein, bigger meals.

Good luck :)

I'm not that fussy which is what got me here in the first place lol. I just feel like my list is a little limited where after awhile I may get sick of the same things over and over again.

Vegetables are quite filling and very low calories. Lean cuts of meats can also be quite filling with not so many calories.

Yea I definitely want to increase my veggie quantity. I need to find better ways to prepare the foods. I am a pretty horrible cook so I need to look for a recipe book or something.

germaine07
03-24-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm not that fussy which is what got me here in the first place lol. I just feel like my list is a little limited where after awhile I may get sick of the same things over and over again.

Yea I definitely want to increase my veggie quantity. I need to find better ways to prepare the foods. I am a pretty horrible cook so I need to look for a recipe book or something.
Yeah i hate preparing food too. Especially vegetables. That's a pretty good list in terms of what your looking for but you don't have to limit yourself to these foods. If you find yourself bored or craving something else just fit it into your macros or calories.

DHSH
03-24-2012, 08:33 AM
I personally would drop the cereal in the morning, I always find they make me more hungry rather than full..

Why no coffee? Because it's a diuretic? Or? I find it helpful between meals..

Jynx18
03-24-2012, 09:46 AM
I personally would drop the cereal in the morning, I always find they make me more hungry rather than full..

Why no coffee? Because it's a diuretic? Or? I find it helpful between meals..

The no coffee is only because I don't like the taste. I do drink Green Tea though.