PDA

View Full Version : **New to thread** Can you help with my diet?

drgnflymommy
03-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello ladies. I'm new to the site. My bf got me on here. He also got me lifting back in August. I saw some decent results without much effort on the eating side. Now that I have slowed in progress I really need to narrow in on my diet. Could you ladies help me? A typical day(and I don't know all the details):

This is just spread throughout the day...
2 Atkin protein meal bars (17g protein ones)
Carrots(they are my fav munchie)
Average size chicken breast with one of those pasta frozen dinner things
Several pieces of tilapia fish(2-4 depending on workout day or not) and either rice or a couple biscuits with it.
Also on lift days I have a protein shake with water after lifting.
Bowl of fruit consisting of cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple

I realize after seeing some other posts on diets I'm way off from some of you. I am a very picky eater and I know that the only way I can stay mentally motivated is if I at least enjoy (to an extent) the food I'm eating. I can eat chicken and my tilapia fish. Other than that i'm not much of a meat eater, tuna sometimes I guess. The only nut I like is cashews. I don't like fresh veggies except for carrots. I love fruit and pastas and breads(so bad I know).

I'm really looking for someone to help me form a diet that I personally can stick to. It may not be perfect but I realize I need it to work for ME or I can't stay motivated.

Also, my goal right now is to gain muscle without gaining much fat as I go. Fine line to walk I realize. Thanks!!

big lew
03-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Hello ladies. I'm new to the site. My bf got me on here. He also got me lifting back in August. I saw some decent results without much effort on the eating side. Now that I have slowed in progress I really need to narrow in on my diet. Could you ladies help me? A typical day(and I don't know all the details):

This is just spread throughout the day...
2 Atkin protein meal bars (17g protein ones)
Carrots(they are my fav munchie)
Average size chicken breast with one of those pasta frozen dinner things
Several pieces of tilapia fish(2-4 depending on workout day or not) and either rice or a couple biscuits with it.
Also on lift days I have a protein shake with water after lifting.
Bowl of fruit consisting of cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple

I realize after seeing some other posts on diets I'm way off from some of you. I am a very picky eater and I know that the only way I can stay mentally motivated is if I at least enjoy (to an extent) the food I'm eating. I can eat chicken and my tilapia fish. Other than that i'm not much of a meat eater, tuna sometimes I guess. The only nut I like is cashews. I don't like fresh veggies except for carrots. I love fruit and pastas and breads(so bad I know).

I'm really looking for someone to help me form a diet that I personally can stick to. It may not be perfect but I realize I need it to work for ME or I can't stay motivated.

Also, my goal right now is to gain muscle without gaining much fat as I go. Fine line to walk I realize. Thanks!!

It would be best to post your total macros. You would get much more response. To gain muscle, you must be in a caloric surplus. If you are not counting your macros, that is a good place to begin. Otherwise, you are just guessing at what and how much to eat. Good luck!

kimm4
03-22-2012, 08:47 PM
If your goal if to gain some muscle with minimal fat, then increase your calories slightly above maintenance. It's a slower process, but it works and causes less panic attacks in women...god forbid we gain any fat! :D

Get a healthy balance of protein/carbs and healthy fats throughout your day. Your diet doesn't have to be boring, so use a wide variety of foods that you enjoy.

In the female nutrition section there is a sticky to calculate calories needed.

Good luck.