PDA

View Full Version : worried hubby/ contests

fitmama09
03-19-2012, 04:04 PM
So I plan on doing my first show in Oct. Ever since I mentioned this my husband has been bickering with me about how he is worried I will get too into it or find another man... I only want to do figure so no worries about the man part and yeah the guys are attractive but personality wise not my type most of them. We have been married for 4 years and have a 3 year old together. Any advice on making him feel comfortable with me competing?

NotBigEnough206
03-19-2012, 04:19 PM
So I plan on doing my first show in Oct. Ever since I mentioned this my husband has been bickering with me about how he is worried I will get too into it or find another man... I only want to do figure so no worries about the man part and yeah the guys are attractive but personality wise not my type most of them. We have been married for 4 years and have a 3 year old together. Any advice on making him feel comfortable with me competing?

He probablly feels insecure and I understand where that comes from, you have to involve him in to your desire to compete. Talk to him about it, inform him, take him to the gym if you can, take him to the competitions definitely, pay attention to him more, talk more to him openly about what youre doing, what your plans are, what you want to do etc. The more you involve him and talk to him about it, the more he will be interested and know what is going on.

fitmama09
03-19-2012, 05:33 PM
He probablly feels insecure and I understand where that comes from, you have to involve him in to your desire to compete. Talk to him about it, inform him, take him to the gym if you can, take him to the competitions definitely, pay attention to him more, talk more to him openly about what youre doing, what your plans are, what you want to do etc. The more you involve him and talk to him about it, the more he will be interested and know what is going on.

I do try to involve him and he is at the gym more than I am, he said he will work on it but it still worries me since competing is and will be hard and having support makes all the difference. Thank you for the tips though!

kimm4
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
What the hell does getting ready for a contest have anything to do with finding another man?

If people know anything about contest prep, you're so focused on yourself...you wouldn't have time to find another man even if you wanted one. :D

This is completely new to your hubby. Keep him in the loop, continue to support each other and after your first show, he'll have a better understanding of how it really works.

jaxfitguy
03-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Involve him in the process! Make him feel like he is part of what you are doing. If he ever feels like you think the guys are attractive, then down goes his confidence and look for more of him badgering you. "not your type most of them!" what about the ones that are your type. Not criticizing, just giving it to you from another perspective. good luck!