PDA

View Full Version : all dairy being counter productive?

mrc19888
03-18-2012, 05:10 AM
without going into a long story can someone point me in the direction to anything stating that dairy in any form whether it be whey isolate or concentrate or anything and i mean anything with dairy in it is counterproductive to bulking for a lactose intolerant person?

to keep a long story short. im about 5' 11" 142 lbs. ive been at one point around 158 lbs at my heaviest. but that took me consuming about 6000-7000 calories a day for about 5 months. and i do ZERO cardio. working out 3-4 times a week for 40 minutes. heres my questions i noticed the weeks were i went extremely heavy on the dairy such as the GOMAD diet that i actually lost weight even when my caloric intake got on some of my heaviest days close to 8000. ive read over and over again that its just a caloric surplus that causes weight gain or a defect for weight loss. yet i seem to have proven over and over again that cant be true at all for me.

i went to two nutritionist who i showed months and months of food logs to, who told me its impossible that i havent gained any more weight. or they thought i was lying about not doing cardio or that i was a closet anorexic which was pretty comical to hear that be a "medical diagnosis" for someone who spent almost every penny they had eating a diet rich in lean meats and turkey and peanut butter and whole milk.

so heres my question has anyone ever experienced anything similar to this?

when they eat dairy even at massively large quantities eating thousands and thousands more calories than usual actually lose weight?

PS: im obviously lactose intolerant. but only certain dairy products put me on the can. for instance milk only gives me gas but poops are rock rock solid. cheddar cheese on the other hand is extremely rough on me.

and im sure this question has been asked before but please help me. ive been scowering these boards and all over online for about 6 years now, and spent an incredible amount of money to have medical tests done to me to figure out what is wrong with my digestive system and cant figure out why weight gain is a problem for me.

one last PSS: i dont have a tapeworm that has also been confirmed

nobrah
03-18-2012, 05:41 AM
i went to two nutritionist who i showed months and months of food logs to, who told me its impossible that i havent gained any more weight. or they thought i was lying about not doing cardio or that i was a closet anorexic

It's not impossible, just unlikely. There are a number of relatively rare metabolic disorders that would make it very difficult to gain weight, but you'd also have other symptoms that would likely have you in the doctor's office for a diagnosis. That's why we typically say that if you're otherwise normal, the "hardgainer" is either overestimating calories or underestimating activity.

If your metabolism is fast enough that you can eat 6,000 calories and not gain weight at 140 pounds, a doctor should have no difficulty at all seeing that there's a problem somewhere and helping you figure out what it is.

rand18m
03-18-2012, 07:45 AM
It's not impossible, just unlikely. There are a number of relatively rare metabolic disorders that would make it very difficult to gain weight, but you'd also have other symptoms that would likely have you in the doctor's office for a diagnosis. That's why we typically say that if you're otherwise normal, the "hardgainer" is either overestimating calories or underestimating activity.

If your metabolism is fast enough that you can eat 6,000 calories and not gain weight at 140 pounds, a doctor should have no difficulty at all seeing that there's a problem somewhere and helping you figure out what it is.

I agree with this^^^

Did they rule out a malabsorption issue?

mrc19888
03-18-2012, 08:36 AM
i was tested and the best they could tell me was that my TSH levels were high but not enough to medicate. I do have a very physical job where im walking around and working very hard all day but even when you try to use a "caloric requirements needs calculator" and i put in the very highest activity level which they all deem basically living in a gym or being a marathon runner they still say the most i should need at around 140 lbs is a 3000 maintenance. so again the confusion continues for the next few years i suppose until someone with a similar problem can ring in on any advice

cumminslifter
03-18-2012, 01:32 PM
dude you are so lucky (unless you have a medical problem) eat all you want.no weight gain=win