PDA

View Full Version : fat loss --- arms!

acalabria
03-14-2012, 02:43 PM
I am 28 female
5'8
135 lbs

Sept. 2011----- started paleo diet. dropped from 140ish down to 130. ate vert strict for 5 months. After that started adding in greek yogurt and very occasional carbs... like once per week on cheat meal.
Started boxing in sept 3 days per week and weight training the others. 1 day off.

I have seen results in terms of skrinking inches but i have still not been able to tone my problem area which is my arms.
Currently my work out consists of....

I lift weights 5 days per week
work out arms twice per week
Box 2 days per week
I do adequate cardio lots of hiit sprints, interval training, skipping etc. I dont believe i over train in cardio because i know it eats the muscle.

My diet is clean, i eat often and do two protein shakes per day. one in the am and one post work out.

I have even begun working out twice per day cardio am and weights pm to try to speed up the fat loss but i am not getting the lines i want.

HELP!!! ANy auggestions?

kimm4
03-14-2012, 03:08 PM
If you are at the lower end of the scale and don't see the lines/definition, then you need to focus on building more muscle.

You've got to have enough overall muscle, combine with a lower body fat to support the look.

Miranda
03-14-2012, 03:10 PM
how many calories are you eating?
what's your training split like? (five days a week??)

if you're not seeing results, either your calorie intake is off, or you don't have enough muscle mass to show definiton, or both.

increasing training frequency won't fix it.

if you lack muscle, you need to build a base first. then lose the fat on top.

acalabria
03-14-2012, 07:58 PM
I eat about 1500 cals a day give or take.

if you're not seeing results, either your calorie intake is off, or you don't have enough muscle mass to show definiton, or both.

acalabria
03-14-2012, 08:01 PM
I train 6 days.
monday weights + cardio
tuesday am weight training pm boxing
wedesday weights + incline walking on tredmill
thursday am weights pm boxing
friday weights + low cardio incline walking
sat weights + hiit sprints
sunday rest

wakechica
03-15-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm 5'8 and 142. You probably want to start building muscle. When I was 130-132lbs I was like a stick.

SilverSun
03-15-2012, 04:10 PM
I train 6 days.
monday weights + cardio
tuesday am weight training pm boxing
wedesday weights + incline walking on tredmill
thursday am weights pm boxing
friday weights + low cardio incline walking
sat weights + hiit sprints
sunday rest

What is your upper-body training like though? And as everyone else here has mentioned, if you want that arm definition you should focus on building muscle at this point...that will be hard to do when you've got both a caloric deficit and 6 days of cardio going on.

LunicaAshes
03-15-2012, 08:03 PM
How heavy are you lifting? Six days of lifting in a row makes me feel like you aren't going hard. How many reps per set can you do?

CindyVanessa
03-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Would love to share healthy meal ideas and workout tips! Please visit my page on facebook :) would love the support!

facebook/CindyVanessaFit