PDA

View Full Version : Form check pls (Squats)

wakechica
03-14-2012, 02:04 PM
I posted this in my journal but wanted to hit a wider audience for a form check on my squats:

Set 3 squatting 88lbs for 10 (hypertrophy day). The stool is there to just a$$ check so I know for sure I'm minimum of parallel (like box squats). If anyone has any other advice on how to know when you've got to parallel or below please share.

Any comments or advice (bad or good) welcome.

hmle2SUkEeE

Cytrainer913
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
The form seems very good and I like the depth as the butt doesn't begin to curl under but still plenty deep!

Some really good squats

kjake55
03-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Nice deep squats, very controlled. Great Job!!!!

MaliaBot
03-14-2012, 03:25 PM
On your last rep, you go towards the rack. You should complete the set, then rack it. It could get dangerous at higher weights.

But, yeah, looks great! Very nice!

thehobbes
03-14-2012, 04:59 PM
On your last rep, you go towards the rack. You should complete the set, then rack it. It could get dangerous at higher weights.

I noticed that, just pause a couple seconds before you go to rerack it. You squat with somewhat fast reps, I do the same thing. Form and depth looked good to me.

Oh as far as being able to tell when you're squatting if you're hitting parallel... I can only tell if there's a mirror in front of me. I set the safeties just below where I need to squat to hit parallel and I watch to make sure the bar is coming just above those on each rep.

megdaig
03-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Looks good. Good depth. Strong adductors/no knee caving.

As someone already mention, you kind of lean or hitch forward on that last rep (maybe a little the last two to three reps). I kind of looks like you got too deep on your heels and kind of kicked forward to catch your balance. But that's nit-picky (don't come look at my squats...). Good squatting girl!

wakechica
03-15-2012, 01:44 AM
I noticed that, just pause a couple seconds before you go to rerack it. You squat with somewhat fast reps, I do the same thing. Form and depth looked good to me.

Oh as far as being able to tell when you're squatting if you're hitting parallel... I can only tell if there's a mirror in front of me. I set the safeties just below where I need to squat to hit parallel and I watch to make sure the bar is coming just above those on each rep.

No mirror, have tried the safeties but find it hard to judge... guess it will come with time and practice.

Keltron
03-15-2012, 12:02 PM
This is kind of subtle and not done to a terrible degree but you have a tendency to break at the knees first and let them shoot forward a bit too much.

It's OK if your knees go past your toes but initiate the movement by breaking at the hips and sending your butt back a bit more. Something that might help is trying to imagine that you want reach for the far end of the box w/your tailbone.

Again, it looks good overall, these are just minor tweeks.

wakechica
03-15-2012, 12:47 PM
This is kind of subtle and not done to a terrible degree but you have a tendency to break at the knees first and let them shoot forward a bit too much.

It's OK if your knees go past your toes but initiate the movement by breaking at the hips and sending your butt back a bit more. Something that might help is trying to imagine that you want reach for the far end of the box w/your tailbone.

Again, it looks good overall, these are just minor tweeks.

Thanks for the tips, will try that.

omerfo
03-18-2012, 12:09 PM
nice job dude :)