PDA

View Full Version : Broad Shoulds- Pro advise needed *PIC inc.

jlabib
03-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Hello,

I'm hoping I can get some advise from the experts here.
I naturally have a larger build on top, so my shoulders are board.

I've started losing fat, and have noticed my mid-area (waist and hips) getting smaller, but my shoulders/upper body still remains bigger compared to the other places I've been losing.

I know that I can't get rid of my broad shoulder build, but how can I tone it down in comparison to my body where I have managed to get smaller. As you can see, I have some major work on my arms and back to do.

futurefitmama
03-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Why would you want your shoulders smaller? In fact wide shoulders will help with that v taper eventually creating the illusion of a smaller waist. My shoulders are by far my best feature and I'm very lucky to have them naturally wide

Hello,

I'm hoping I can get some advise from the experts here.
I naturally have a larger build on top, so my shoulders are board.

I've started losing fat, and have noticed my mid-area (waist and hips) getting smaller, but my shoulders/upper body still remains bigger compared to the other places I've been losing.

I know that I can't get rid of my broad shoulder build, but how can I tone it down in comparison to my body where I have managed to get smaller. As you can see, I have some major work on my arms and back to do.

FinalGypsy
03-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Why would you want your shoulders smaller? In fact wide shoulders will help with that v taper eventually creating the illusion of a smaller waist. My shoulders are by far my best feature and I'm very lucky to have them naturally wide

Because v tapers are for dudes. Hourglass figures are for girls.

geothedude
03-14-2012, 09:40 AM
I think you will be fine op. You cant change bone structure. Sometimes we worry about things on our body that no one besides us will ever think twice about. Just keep moving forward and try to be happy with yourself. I think your shoulders look normal.

illiniStrive
03-14-2012, 10:10 AM

Lol and what creates the illusion of an hourglass shape? Built shoulders (delts)/back (lats/traps), small waist, built buns/thighs.

Derp.

danap3681
03-14-2012, 11:07 AM

Really? I must be aspiring to be a dude then. All a matter of personal preference and I prefer broader shoulders on women. Makes us look stunning in strappy tank tops and strapless tops. :) JMO

hieronymous
03-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Like said above - you can't change your bones. You can build up your quads and hams to balance it out more.

acrawlingchaos
03-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Op, not sure what you are seeing, but you do not have wide shoulders. In fact I would say you are petite.

megdaig
03-14-2012, 12:33 PM
OP...once you start dieting down you will realize that your shoulders aren't as wide as you see them. It looks like you carry more of your fluff up top as your waist is very narrow in comparison.

Don't shy away from working out your shoulders. Honestly, women with nice round delts are sexy (no homo). Once you build a solid muscle base and then cut you will find you can manipulate your proportion to create the look that you desire.

sy2502
03-14-2012, 12:36 PM

http://www.cromwell-intl.com/oliver/pictures/troll-detector.jpg

futurefitmama
03-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Sounds like I want to be a dude then haha this is under female bodybuilding. If I wanted to be a soft "hour glass" I wouldn't be on this website.

kimm4
03-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Op, not sure what you are seeing, but you do not have wide shoulders. In fact I would say you are petite.

Agreed...

mellie369
03-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Agreed...

Agreed with the agreed... :P

LunicaAshes
03-14-2012, 02:25 PM
I have broad shoulders as well, and it used to bother me. Then I got on a good program with overhead presses (I used to do raises for shoulders and had pain from them,) and started seeing real progress with muscle development there for the first time. Now I am obsessed with them! They're my new favorite.

Take what you've got and develop the hell out of it! Take pride.

Edit: Okay, I just looked. You don't have broad shoulders. You have extra fat on your upper arms. Have patience.

Amanda76
03-14-2012, 10:11 PM
I also agree you need to appreciate those shoulders! You've got a great shape! Hopefully as you continue to lean up, you'll like them more.

If you have twiggy legs, build them up a bit so you don't feel so much larger on top.

Mangojasmine
03-14-2012, 11:41 PM
You don't look to have broad shoulders to me. You just seem to carry more fat there due to genetics. Just be patient, keep lifting and after a cut you'll see more definition as your body fat percentage goes down. I'm in the same boat genetics wise, fat sticks around in my shoulders/arms last.

wakechica
03-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Agreed with the agreed who agreed. You aren't bd, you just need to build some muscle and drop you BF%. Humans aren't blank canvasses, we have to work with what we got, however you can do a LOT with some whitewash ;)

IronOrchid
03-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Yes, you do have a lot of training to do, so start training your shoulders and you'll love them! ;)
I have very wide shoulders, no hips and wide waist (lovely, isn't?! LOL). And the shoulders grew even wider when I started swimming every day, I even had to buy new long sleeve shirts. :) But they are in shape and it looks nice, really!

lllDBOlll
03-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Shoulders look fine to me. Nothing wrong at all. You will find as your bf comes down you will naturally lose size everywhere anyway.

And has been said wide shoulders, small waist, round bootay... Hourglass.

Keep training hard!

jlabib
03-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Thank you all for the positive feedback! I appreciate it so much!

So since I am a newbie, don't mind if I ask this stupid question!...I'm currently cutting, should I actually be building muscle and then cut?

Thanks again!