PDA

View Full Version : Do you take Xtend in the Offseason?

FitnessModel45
03-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Hey guys,

I was just wondering whether or not you guys recommend taking Xtend in the offseason? Thanks so much in advance!

FM45

kimm4
03-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I only use it during prep, when cutting. I get plenty of BCAA's in my whole foods during the off season.

It's a personal choice.

FitnessModel45
03-12-2012, 07:38 PM
I only use it during prep, when cutting. I get plenty of BCAA's in my whole foods during the off season.

It's a personal choice.

Thank you for the quick reply! I do the same as you, in that I only take Xtend during contest prep. But I supposed I was asking simply because although the diet is in check (taking in enough protein from food) during the offseason, wouldn't the "free-form" BCAAs be more beneficial during the workout?

gigglepony
03-15-2012, 08:08 AM
I love xtend. Buff fan of dymatize elite recoup as well. I use year round :)

kjake55
03-15-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't compete so there is no off season for me but in support of what Kim said there is a video on brinkzone.com that says basically the same thing. If you are dieting which I suppose for you folks would be "on" season then it seems like a good idea to take it but if your not dieting/cutting there doesn't seem to be a real need. Like I said I'm not a competitor so forgive me if I'm out of place answering here.