PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition Help!

raycrys
03-12-2012, 05:38 PM
I have decided to shed some fat and increase lean body mass. I need about 1500 calories reach my goals but I just can't seem to eat right; I either eat too much or too little. Can someone give me an example of foods that I should eat in a day.

Thanks in advance :)

KPainter70
03-12-2012, 05:43 PM
If you're eating too little, have you thought about adding in a protein shake?

Also, are you using anything like my fitness pal to log your calories and macros? That will really help you keep track of it. You can friend me on there if you want (same username) then look at my food intake to get an idea of what I typically eat in a day, although I eat more calories than you're looking for.

shawnxxx
03-12-2012, 05:52 PM
I post a lot of recipes to my blog (url in signature), that are all around 250-350 calories. So most of those can be good guidelines. Just try and consume a decent amount of protein. 1 gram per lbs of bodyweight is a popular standard to go by.

spimp187
03-12-2012, 08:15 PM
I have decided to shed some fat and increase lean body mass. I need about 1500 calories reach my goals but I just can't seem to eat right; I either eat too much or too little. Can someone give me an example of foods that I should eat in a day.

Go to swole.me

There are a number of ways to configure it. It's pretty cool IMO.

Jen0va
03-12-2012, 08:30 PM

If your eating too much some days and too little on other days this is alright as long as it averages out to ~1500 if that is what you need for your goals. the body isnt on a 24 hour clock so if you need to zig-zag your diet throughout the week thats not a problem.

As far as the suggestion to use swoleme...i'd advise against it unless you like diets consisting of almost purely cottage cheese, milk, avacado, and sweet potatos.. lol

swole me is more or less a great tool for people who like being told what to eat and are too lazy to figure out the macronutrient make-up of their dietary needs.

spimp187
03-12-2012, 09:03 PM
As far as the suggestion to use swoleme...i'd advise against it unless you like diets consisting of almost purely cottage cheese, milk, avacado, and sweet potatos.. lol

You can customize it to any foods you want. Don't like what it spits out, delete it and drag something else over. I think back in the day it was like that but it's been updated recently. I recently revamped my diet and it took me about 5 mins where it typically takes 20-30 on FitDay.

swole me is more or less a great tool for people who like being told what to eat and are too lazy to figure out the macronutrient make-up of their dietary needs.

Hence the reason I recommended the site to the OP in the first place.

madswolebro
03-13-2012, 09:18 PM

Try out the new version if you haven't - it has a lot more food options now