PDA

View Full Version : cant get enough calories on clean foods?

joshblck1
03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
So heres the deal,

I am trying to get anywhere from 1800-2000 calories on my cutt by eating clean foods, the problem is that I have a hard time getting that high. I cant eat tons of meat either because I have had high cholesterol since I was born so I cant afford to eat an excess of cholesterol. My question is, can I eat something like dark chocolate coverd edamane beans to fill in the gaps of calories? Or is the dark chocolate going to mess up my fat loss?

ShaunaCat
03-11-2012, 03:17 PM
As long as you are consuming less calories than you burn, and you are taking in sufficient protein...you will lose fat. If you can fit the chocolate covered edamane into your daily macros (which sound pretty gross to me honestly) then you're good to go!

Dujin77
03-11-2012, 03:21 PM
1. Read the stickies, they will help more than you realize.

2. The names of the foods you eat has nothing to with body composition. What matters is the nutrient content of the foods you eat. In other words, there is no such thing as a "clean food" or a "dirty food" unless you put dirt on it and then wash it off.

3. Dietary cholesterol has very little to do with serum cholesteol levels, stop being afraid of meat.

bennettj
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM

2. The names of the foods you eat has nothing to with body composition. What matters is the nutrient content of the foods you eat. In other words, there is no such thing as a "clean food" or a "dirty food" unless you put dirt on it and then wash it off.

3. Dietary cholesterol has very little to do with serum cholesteol levels, stop being afraid of meat.

Wise words. I'll second all of the above. #3 has a special place in my heart. Eggs, brah. Eat yer eggs.

mattypoole
03-11-2012, 03:25 PM

+3.

pshickey
03-11-2012, 03:25 PM
That's really low calories dude, shouldn't be hard to get there.

shawnxxx
03-11-2012, 03:43 PM
You sure you're calculating all your food up right? 1800 should be easy to hit on clean food for your weight.

rand18m
03-11-2012, 03:53 PM
As long as you are consuming less calories than you burn, and you are taking in sufficient protein...you will lose fat. If you can fit the chocolate covered edamane into your daily macros (which sound pretty gross to me honestly) then you're good to go!

This ^^

All here is correct except be careful with #3!

For the vast majority that would be the case, but some people are sensitive to dietary cholesterol and therefore if you have a problem, you need to verify if consumption of dietary cholesterol is having an effect on your serum levels. Dietary cholesterol's effects on serum levels can be elevating for some individuals, it appears however not the majority of the general population, so considering your situation, be sure to determine if it effects you. Good luck!

jammyo40
03-11-2012, 04:00 PM
the problem is that I have a hard time getting that high

When you inhale, hold it in for ~5 seconds and then slowly exhale. Try using a vaporizer or volcano. Better yet, if you have a really small room, you could hotbox that sh*t up.

lohkee
03-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Make your own weight gainer shakes with oats (reduced to powder), 3-4 eggs, whey, fruit, greek yogurt and milk...around 800-900 calories and takes a minute to make. Snack on avocado and nuts (easy 300-400 healthy cals right there).

Jen0va
03-11-2012, 04:30 PM
When you inhale, hold it in for ~5 seconds and then slowly exhale. Try using a vaporizer or volcano. Better yet, if you have a really small room, you could hotbox that sh*t up.

this post is win.

Kahldris
03-11-2012, 04:32 PM

http://i.imgur.com/XUwHH.jpg (http://imgur.com/XUwHH)

bclutch23
03-11-2012, 05:39 PM
i know where you're coming from, and I recommend filling in the gaps with whey shakes (it's what I've been doing).

activeseven
03-11-2012, 07:05 PM
I am trying to get anywhere from 1800-2000 calories on my cutt by eating clean foods, the problem is that I have a hard time getting that high.

That's actually a really easy mark to hit. One 12 oz. steak is 1000 calories alone, I know you think you can't eat meat but a breakfast of eggs and bacon can log over 600 calories easy. What exactely are you eating that your having a hard time hitting this mark?