PDA

View Full Version : bankrupt celebs question, (scottie pippen)

jmart12
03-10-2012, 08:34 PM
there are some report that pippen is bankrupt. He made 150+ mil in his career.

my question: if he really is bankrupt/broke, do you think he could still have a couple of mil or even 1 million left?

MinisterOfLust
03-10-2012, 08:44 PM

my question: if he really is bankrupt/broke, do you think he could still have a couple of mil or even 1 million left?

How would we know that when we are not his accountant?

Masstastic
03-10-2012, 08:49 PM

I forgot which person who mentioned it when saying that when athletes go "broke" its not the same as the average person going "broke".

Pippen blew $150 Million but he still has a mansion in Miami and a home outside of Chicago.

He flies in to see Bulls games courtside whenever he wants and seems to be doing OK for himself for a guy who is "broke". So he probably has a decent chunk of money still left.

2 D
03-10-2012, 08:54 PM
I forgot which person who mentioned it when saying that when athletes go "broke" its not the same as the average person going "broke".

Pippen blew $150 Million but he still has a mansion in Miami and a home outside of Chicago.

He flies in to see Bulls games courtside whenever he wants and seems to be doing OK for himself for a guy who is "broke". So he probably has a decent chunk of money still left.

Thats because his name alone will get him free stuff in some instances, not only that he can possibly do things like endorsements for further money. In Chicago a dude like Pippen would never go hungry I can only imagine.

If you ever drive into Chicago from out of state and aren't from there, turn on a sports talk radio show sometime and just listen. They literally talk about Jordan like he is a Deity, even though Pippen is not nearly as well regarded, he surely is still loved there quite a bit.

Luno7
03-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Pip has a cushy job as an Chicago Bulls Ambassador these days.

probably pays high six figures yearly

jmart12
03-10-2012, 10:08 PM

Youre right. How much would u say he has, 10+ mil, 5 mil, 20 mil? this is for a paper btw

DubV
03-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Youre right. How much would u say he has, 10+ mil, 5 mil, 20 mil? this is for a paper btw

Strong source for your paper.

Dropkicking
03-10-2012, 10:45 PM

References:

Masstastic. Thread: bankrupt celebs question, (scottie pippen). Bodybuilding.com 'Misc Section'. 2012.

problemz
03-11-2012, 07:04 AM

Sports Misc about to get famous

Murph0408
03-11-2012, 08:38 AM
lol

"you might be thinking that means Scottie is flat broke - but according to some random guys on the forums, he isn't, so there"

LanceStone
03-11-2012, 09:02 AM

lmao

TheVM
03-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Probably. I hear AI (who supposedly is bankrupt) has 30mill in a bank account that he can't open until he is 50 y/o

Tyler44
03-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Well when a celeb goes "broke" they can sell a couple of their 4-5 luxury cars and or their multi million dollar mansion.

Broke as in, I have to sell some of my possessions that cost me more than most people will make in their entire lifetime.

AGangsta
03-11-2012, 10:50 AM
his wife, i'm sure he'll live off his fame, though he'll probably have to sell whatever assets he has left to pay creditors

http://whatisthetrend.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/larsa-pippen.jpg