PDA

View Full Version : intermittent fasting method- One meal per day

AnthonyKrz
03-06-2012, 04:40 AM
Is this safe and beneficial, if I could eat sufficiently within an hour period
Also would having a pre and post workout shake made up with protein, dextrose and creatine be ok to use? Want go give intermittent fasting a shot, and I am willing to hear any advice.
Thanks all :)

layarph
03-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Also would having a pre and post workout shake made up with protein, dextrose and creatine be ok to use? Want go give intermittent fasting a shot, and I am willing to hear any advice.

I believe this is the warror diet. It's been done, and will work with regards to weight and body composition and the science behind the regular, more spread out IF (8hr on, 16off) ... personally I would never prefer this way.

I would be way too hungry before I ate, feel way too full when I finished, and hungry again about 4-5 hours after.

fitmember
03-06-2012, 05:07 AM
I believe this is the warror diet. It's been done, and will work with regards to weight and body composition and the science behind the regular, more spread out IF (8hr on, 16off) ... personally I would never prefer this way.

I would be way too hungry before I ate, feel way too full when I finished, and hungry again about 4-5 hours after.

Have you tried it??

Im currently doing the 16off 8 on and love it....eat bigger meals and still get to have goodies on my deficit

I have 2 big meals and 1 shake per day and if my macros allow a snack or 2

hcoyle545
03-06-2012, 05:17 AM
Agree with fitmember, before I started my bulk I was eating a small meal (500cals) preworkout, maybe a bit of fruit post workout and a big ass meal before bed that I was tbf starving for, but it was for me an ideal way to cut.

layarph
03-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Have you tried it??

Im currently doing the 16off 8 on and love it....eat bigger meals and still get to have goodies on my deficit

I have 2 big meals and 1 shake per day and if my macros allow a snack or 2

Quick to protect IF ... misunderstanding.
(Check my sig)
I use IF ... I don't use 1 meal a day. Maybe could have worded better.

Now if you re-read what I said about being hunry before and after, it will make more sense.

fitmember
03-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Quick to protect IF ... misunderstanding.
(Check my sig)
I use IF ... I don't use 1 meal a day. Maybe could have worded better.

Now if you re-read what I said about being hunry before and after, it will make more sense.

Ah, I misread your post....
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/pihole/sorry.png

Crooktele79
03-06-2012, 11:17 AM
I have been using IF kinda differently...I eat normally five days out of the week, On Fridays I have been doing a 16/8 fast which allows me to go out to dinner at a nice restaurant and not have to eat like a rabbit, on Sundays I have been doing the eat stop eat approach where I will do a true 24 hour fast and then consume around half of my daily allowance at dinner. This has helped me be able to eat more on my lifting days and still maintain a strong calorie deficit for the week. At the end of the day I am a firm believer in Calories in vs out and hitting your Macros.

etaylor34
03-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Not sure why but eat less than 2 meals a day increases blood pressure, or so i've seen/read

Xfaxtor
03-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Not sure why but eat less than 2 meals a day increases blood pressure, or so i've seen/read

LoL ok

Motaba
03-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Not sure why but eat less than 2 meals a day increases blood pressure, or so i've seen/readLink must be provided.

MdFitness
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I am doing 19 hours off and 5 hours on. I eat 2 meals about %40 before and %60 after working out. seems to be working out great and I love the fact I dont need to worry about food during work.

kevsworld
03-13-2012, 12:41 AM
This article is a few of my thoughts/experiences with it:

http://musclereview.net/intermittent-fasting/

Intermittent fasting has become my method of choice for losing fat. It takes some adjusting on the "front end," but I've found it easier to comply with it than with other methods.

IgboMeso
03-13-2012, 04:39 AM
Sounds ok. I do something similar on workout days. Fast for 18-20Hours, then Pre workout, Post workout, then graze for 2hours. Don't really have any macro targets to hit, just lots of carbs, moderate protein, low fat, mostly from EFA and Coconut oil. The day after training I do tend to eat a "breakfast" and a very small lunch (protein shake).

JohnnyOhhh
03-13-2012, 06:59 AM
works amazingly for me. My biggest tip is, if you're following this diet and you're not a coffee drinker/stim junkie, become one. caffeine is soooooooooooo nice on an empty stomach. feels like crack mayne.

JohnnyOhhh
03-13-2012, 07:00 AM

dude, go to leangains.com.... I don't even know where the hell you got that from but I'm 99.9999% sure its unsubstantiated bs.

cuz_z_z
03-13-2012, 08:19 AM
I do pretty much what you described OP...

1PM preworkout shake --> workout --> postworkout shake + 300cals of carbs
6/7/8PM (depends when I get home) = the rest of my calories (chicken breast + fat sources)

Its been working pretty great.

kevsworld
03-13-2012, 04:14 PM
works amazingly for me. My biggest tip is, if you're following this diet and you're not a coffee drinker/stim junkie, become one. caffeine is soooooooooooo nice on an empty stomach. feels like crack mayne.

Agree (well, not sure I'd say it's like crack, but you get the idea). Yohimbine and L-Tyrosine on an empty stomach is nice, too.

Dacu
03-13-2012, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't go under 3 meals a day... Just doesn't seem the thing to do.

kevsworld
03-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't go under 3 meals a day... Just doesn't seem the thing to do.

Based on what?

ocso751
03-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Based on what?

^^^ This ^^^

Tommy W.
03-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Do whatever you want. I do 16/8 and it's the best eating program I've ever used. It's 2 meals. 1 meal or 6 as long as the cals work out.

If you're gonna drive 500 miles you can either fill up once or keep stopping along the way and put a couple of gallons in, it doesn't matte. You still get to your destination.

chillaxbroseph
03-25-2012, 02:19 PM
This is my current diet. 100% of my calories come in 1 hour window, immediately before I go to sleep. It's not easy to acclimate to, but it's really convenient when you do. With no need to stop during the day, it really maximizes your productivity.

ErikTheElectric
03-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Depending on your activity level, be ready to down a sh*tload of kcals within that one meal.

In my opinion my stomach wouldn't be able to handle it. What would that one meal be OP? Just a giant pizza? haha

XinApoK
03-25-2012, 02:36 PM
I did this type of approach today. cept i had more of a two hour window. i may begin doing things this way.

HevEw8
03-25-2012, 03:06 PM
This article is a few of my thoughts/experiences with it:

http://musclereview.net/intermittent-fasting/

Intermittent fasting has become my method of choice for losing fat. It takes some adjusting on the "front end," but I've found it easier to comply with it than with other methods.

Totally agree... I love it. Once you get used to not eating in the morning (I work out at 6am, so that took some getting used to) its a breeze. I have my macros posted on the fridge for workout and non-workout days and I just hit those, keep a running tally in my head through the day.

Fl0master
07-20-2012, 09:10 PM
I just started a semi IF style. My work hours are long 7am-5/6pm so I'm out of the house at 6:30 am. I will out after work then eat dinner. I'm skipping breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and just eating dinner.

Seems to be working well only two days into it. I drink more water, drink coffee while at work. And eat my daily calorie intake in one sitting. Day one in fasted for 18 hours, day two was a 23 hour fast due to having to work late. If in had my way I would work out during the afternoon and eat from 2-8.

I can't wait to shed some fat around my stomach and get lean and mean. I'm down 40, lbs since February.

-= Jason=-

mh22
07-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Op i did this for a few days. I would consume all my calories in about an hour or so-so basically 1 meal a day (around 2,500calories) I ate that meal around 12pm/1pm and what happened? I got really hungry by the end of the night. So now i do 2 meals a day. First at 12pm and the 2nd after my workout at around 6/7pm. I still get a little hungry at night but its better then doing 1 meal a day.

johncoe93
07-21-2012, 05:08 AM
Don't do It man unless you have the will power of a monk, I tried a two hour eating period and it led me to licking my lips post apple pie late at night haha. (fail)

Fl0master
07-27-2012, 01:41 PM
So I have been getting super hungry mid day. I do my work out after work around 5:30-6:30 pm. Would it be alright to eat around 2-3 a couple hundred calories and fast from 8pm to 2/3 pm

-= Jason =-

69cam
07-27-2012, 10:22 PM
I.F. here. 18-20 hour fast, 2-3 meals a day. Love it. :)

Almost to 10%BF.

Casali
02-07-2013, 08:45 PM
I have been eating one huge meal before going to sleep right after I workout, then fast for like 20-21 hours, and do it again. I love it because I get to stuff my face, and go to sleep with a full belly. Still have good workouts too. Sounded crazy at first, but I figured I would give it a shot. I am glad I did. The worst part for me is the first 4 to 5 hours after waking up.