PDA

View Full Version : Another...Critique my Diet

xcessive1
03-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Here's what I am planning, my weight, macros, estimated bf, etc. Going by the sticky.

Trying to improve my physique (bulk)

Cals - 3000
Protein - 180g
Fats - 85g
Carbs - 378g

6'1, 185lbs (as of this weekend & bad eating choices), ~13-15% BF
General activity is working out 4-5 days a week & cardio at least 2 days. Desk job, but walk the halls every hour for a few minutes.

If it's not too much else to ask, would I be better off getting my BF lower before attempting to add mass? I've just recently gotten serious about my physique and nutrition. Formerly 250lbs.

Jolts
03-05-2012, 06:44 AM
A lot of people here are super obsessed with the bulk/cut cycle. Personally I think changing your waist size every few months is a pain in the ass so I'd just drop down to 10% bf then do a clean bulk. The macros look good.

xcessive1
03-05-2012, 06:51 AM
A lot of people here are super obsessed with the bulk/cut cycle. Personally I think changing your waist size every few months is a pain in the ass so I'd just drop down to 10% bf then do a clean bulk. The macros look good.

so if I get down to 10%, figure on a clean "bulk" of ~2900 cals. Since I finally got somewhat lean I'm hesitant about increasing my calorie intake.

thank you for your input.

Jolts
03-05-2012, 07:10 AM
so if I get down to 10%, figure on a clean "bulk" of ~2900 cals. Since I finally got somewhat lean I'm hesitant about increasing my calorie intake.

thank you for your input.

I feel ya man, I used to be a gym rat, 8-10% bf, etc, then life and kids happened >< trying to work my way back to that(was 325 5 months ago). And tbh I'm not sure how much of a calorie increase you should add for a clean bulk, I'm guessing 2-300 over maintenance.

xcessive1
03-05-2012, 07:18 AM
I feel ya man, I used to be a gym rat, 8-10% bf, etc, then life and kids happened >< trying to work my way back to that(was 325 5 months ago). And tbh I'm not sure how much of a calorie increase you should add for a clean bulk, I'm guessing 2-300 over maintenance.

yep, I was only going to do 300 over maintenance right now. Just weird being a fat kid, then getting this lean & not being as muscular as I want to be. New goals I guess.

xcessive1
03-05-2012, 08:11 AM
looking for a few more opinions if you would be so kind

dpe94
03-05-2012, 08:21 AM
The hardest part about bulking for us "new skinny" guys is the mental part. It's hard to let go of the "now that I'm skinny" mentality and actually let yourself bulk. Once you see the weight going up, it's scary as hell. Good luck, and if you figure out how to get past it, let me know... Good luck.