PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds new McGriddle breakfast sandwich

d piece
07-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Al Quaeda is behind it I tell you.
As if those greasy breakfast sandwiches they have aren't bad enough for you, now they cook the buns in syrup? Aside from being extremely bad for you, I don't see how drenching a breakfast sandwich (lets face it at least they taste good) can make it taste better, it sounds like it would make it taste like crap.

r33th4x0r
07-03-2003, 09:33 PM
yeah, like the egg bacon and cheese between two pancakes cooked in syrup... how could that possibly be good

Luke530
07-03-2003, 10:23 PM
the FDA is close to making prohormones illegal, and ephedrine is already banned in some states... but obesity kills more people every year than cigarettes do, and it's still legal for fast food chains to release this ****...

...anyone see a ****ing problem with the Food and Drug Administration... they are about as smart as the morons eating that ****, dumb fu*king hypocrites

Ibanez
07-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Luke530
the FDA is close to making prohormones illegal, and ephedrine is already banned in some states... but obesity kills more people every year than cigarettes do, and it's still legal for fast food chains to release this ****...

...anyone see a ****ing problem with the Food and Drug Administration... they are about as smart as the morons eating that ****, dumb fu*king hypocrites

So true. I bag at a grocery store and wonder why the **** people buy cigs, the pieces of ****. People have poor eating habits. Some huge ass guy (all fat) bought about 20+ tv dinners. Damn! He's killing himself.

str8flexed
07-04-2003, 08:04 AM
I don't like prohormones and don't nessecarily agree with their legality in the first place... BUT...

If they are illegal, cigarettes should definately be illegal. It's all political bull****. I hate politics.

BallerPimp69
07-04-2003, 08:19 AM
they definetely fo sound gross, and very unhealthy, but we all know fast food will not suddenly be banned (even if it should) so we just have to live with that and make sure as bodybuilders that we dont eat that crap

o, and at least they now offer slads and shiz, that doitn even have dressing on them yet, and has chicken breat, etc

fmusclekg
07-04-2003, 09:06 AM
yeah they put chewing tabbaco and **** on the front counter for anyone to get addicted but so many other things that are as worse or more dangerous are legal

DallasLynx
07-04-2003, 09:41 AM
I really hate crap like that. One of my roomies in college told me my high protein diet was going to mess up my system and eventually kill me. This foker is pre-med and he's eating f'ing Taco bell drenched in fake ass cheese!!!

I think pro-hormones will get banned eventually. It is just an easy target for politicians. They aren't mainstream and people don't understand them so they use it as a "look how I try to keep everyone safe" spiel. If supplement companies had the lobbying power of Tobacco and Beer/Alcohol companies then they wouldn't be banned.

Cogar
07-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Good point. A few years ago, Taco Bell introduced their lite menu (low fat), and I actually started going there. (Yeah, we all stumble occasionally.) Still, it was not long before they discontinued that menu because very few people liked it. The reality is that the average American likes to eat junk.

r33th4x0r
07-04-2003, 11:23 PM
I think there's more obese people in the world than hungry people... hmmm...

Slayer666
07-07-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by str8flexed
I don't like prohormones and don't nessecarily agree with their legality in the first place... BUT...

If they are illegal, cigarettes should definately be illegal. It's all political bull****. I hate politics.

Cigarettes being legal has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with the billions of dollars that people spend on them. Same thing with alcohol. Thats the main reason marajuana is still ilegal, because it will take away from the cigarette companies. Cigarette companies have amazing power.

JamesBarlow
07-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by d piece
Aside from being extremely bad for you, I don't see how drenching a breakfast sandwich (lets face it at least they taste good) can make it taste better, it sounds like it would make it taste like crap. I won't argue that these are bad for your, but I will say they are best tasting breakfast sandwhich I have every had from a McDonald's type place.

I am not trying to sell them or anything, but just to let everyone know they don't actually cook the buns in syrup. They are pancakes with the syrup cooked inside. When you see one it looks like it has chocolate chips in it, but it's actually syrup.

I can live without prohormones, but don't take my junk food.

ProBuck
07-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Slayer666
Cigarettes being legal has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with the billions of dollars that people spend on them. Same thing with alcohol. Thats the main reason marajuana is still ilegal, because it will take away from the cigarette companies. Cigarette companies have amazing power.

The billions of dollars cigarettes generate is the exact reason they are political. Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent every year by lobbyists in Washington D.C. to sway law makers. You're correct about the amazing power the cigarette manufacturers have. And they'll keep it because of politics and hard cold cash.

ProBuck
07-07-2003, 12:50 PM
As far as the original post, why hate on the McGridle? I'd rather eat that than a three piece extra crispy dinner with a side of slaw and mac and cheese from KFC. Not that I've ever done that. Haaaaaaaaaaa! I don't think too many people are gonna jeopardize their shot at a Flex/Muscle&Fitness cover or supplement advertising contract by eating a breakfast sandwich. If you eat clean what's the difference if there's one more ****ty item out there in the world? It's not like you ate them 24/7.

r33th4x0r
07-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Theres plenty of reasons to hate on the mcgriddle... its because mcdonalds has made another unhealthy meal that looks and sounds disgusting, and millions of people are going to eat it for breakfast. 550 calories and 33grams of fat in the egg, bacon, and sausage one. I agree, id also rather eat that than a kfc meal, which im sure is much worse, but still.

exquivical
07-10-2003, 01:28 PM
Supposedly, and this is all heresay, there is going to be a law that requires all restaurants and fast food places to include a certain amount of healthy items on their menus. I forget who's trying to get this passed, but after that fat ass mofo got $$$ from Mickey D's from making him fat (jack ass), they're trying to get SOMETHING passed.

Dann
07-10-2003, 02:05 PM
alot of the trans fatin our prepackaged junkfood will be all or signifinailty reduced afterthe decision by US govermanet that trans fat will need to go on the label, and becasue companieswill not want this on their label alot of them will reformulate their food, for they will not have to have this evil on their label.

Dann

Greg_SD
07-10-2003, 02:33 PM
McDonalds is not to blame. Neither is the FDA in this case.

McDonalds sells what………………………..SELLS!

They are not behind some evil scheme to get everyone fat. Their only concern is to make money. If selling healthy food were more profitable they would sell healthy food. In order for fast food chains to change their priorities, consumers will have to change their priorities. People want taste, not health.

The Cigarette/Marijuana thing is another story. Tobacco is big money right now. Also political corruption will not end anytime soon. People in power have no reason to make any changes right now. Those hippy lobbyists behind Marijuana are basically wasting their time. Stating 500 ways to use hemp as a more efficient replacement for every product on the planet pales in comparison to large contributions. Politicians don’t give a rats ass that it makes better paper.

Aticc674
07-10-2003, 03:51 PM
I really hate crap like that. One of my roomies in college told me my high protein diet was going to mess up my system and eventually kill me. This foker is pre-med and he's eating f'ing Taco bell drenched in fake ass cheese!!!

Ignorance is the word - these people are hypocrites. My goddamn roomate is a freakin doctor now. He tells me high protein is bad but eats **** like oily curry/sugary cakes/and all kinds of greasy **** you can imagine.
Protein gets a bad name - protein is essential building material like cement for buildings. I think its more got to do with the source of protein e.g protein from red meat contains a high amount of cholestrol and saturated fat so a lot of it is bad. But sources like milk/whey/chicken/tuna are healthy and powerful(better quality protein)
Dont listen to pieces of **** like them - they are jackassess dont know **** about bodybuilding or healthy eating but still are doctors - mothafuka's!!!

Oh yeah - eat healthy and keep building bro!

Jen_Ess
07-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Aticc674

Ignorance is the word - these people are hypocrites. My goddamn roomate is a freakin doctor now. He tells me high protein is bad but eats **** like oily curry/sugary cakes/and all kinds of greasy **** you can imagine.

this is wayyy off topic... but what i hate is people who go through the motions of becoming a doctor by being book smart but really have no clue at all about medical science in general, nor do they care about it cause they just wanna make money. Taco Bell uses grade D meat, yet some pre-med kid who eats this **** is gonna face patients every day and help them to be healthy when he cant even help himself. rrrgh.

anyway, i must not pay attention to fast food **** cause I havent heard of the McGriddle yet.

Greg_SD
07-10-2003, 04:06 PM
He tells me high protein is bad
Those rumors are usually associated with high protein diets that are low in carbohydrates such as Ketogenic diets that are popular thanks to Dr. Atkins, the press, and lazy people all around the world.

Tell him to read the whole story. I’ll bet most of the studies are with people in Ketosis. Tell him to find a study showing liver or kidney damage with people taking 1-2g of protein per lb of LBM using a healthy macronutrient ratio.

cool2001
05-28-2011, 02:03 AM
9NDUbGXBA7s

Joseph1990
05-28-2011, 02:45 AM
[youtube]9NDUbGXBA7s[/outube]

Strongest bump I have ever seen. This thread is from 2003.

cool2001
05-28-2011, 03:31 AM
Strongest bump I have ever seen. This thread is from 2003.

why thank you.