PDA

View Full Version : stopping muscle catabolism over night?

KPPdg
03-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I guess i'll try one last time to smack my deficit in the mouth, even though it increses with my food intake (ie 500 calorie intake increase results in a 450-500 calorie expendature increase)... I just feel bad eating any more through the day, not mentally as in "blah im so fat like a bitch", just as in I feel like im about to puke... So i figured i can take a swing at my deficit with a mid-sleep shake :)

How about a 27g protein shake, in milk, with ground oats about 2 am when i naturally wake up on my sleep cycle anyways? Anyone try anything like this? Seems like it would really help with over night muscle growth when coupled with the pre-bed greek yogurt with protein powder.

Edit: would be 27g protein shake, about 45g carbs for the oats, and 8g protein with some carbs for the milk. Not sure on exact milk #s.

MakeABanana
03-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Muscle net catabolism won't just suddenly happen overnight unless you're on an extended. Meal timing is not as relevant as hitting your macros and eating enough food throughout the day. Digestion is quite a slow process.

But if you like a midnight shake, that's totally fine.

KPPdg
03-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Muscle net catabolism won't just suddenly happen overnight unless you're on an extended. Meal timing is not as relevant as hitting your macros and eating enough food throughout the day. Digestion is quite a slow process.

But if you like a midnight shake, that's totally fine.

Alright, good to know. A lot of people made it sound like you wont rebuild muscle over night without protein right before bed, and you'll actually burn it for energy.

Mamma was WRRRRONG again, just kidding, but the bro science guys were. I'll probably just do it to push myself up to ~250-275 grams of protein per day, See how it goes.

pshickey
03-01-2012, 07:33 PM
I have a PB sammich and whey shake at night when I get up to use the restroom. Unless my work schedule is different and I have to get up super early, then I'll just eat my daily intake before bed. You will be fine either way man.

ectobruh
03-01-2012, 07:37 PM
eat a sammich op.