PDA

View Full Version : Working out at work.. Need nutrition assistance

skinny_little
03-01-2012, 11:36 AM
I have currently started working at a restaurant as a dishwasher. It is hard work but the benefits include building stronger arms, back, and legs.

Currently, I am consuming a 60g protein shake before and after work. However, I feel dead at the end of work and sore the next morning. What kind of foods should i be eating to keep my energy levels up during and after work? Another question.. when should i be eating to make the most of this work workout??

I work from 3PM to 12PM and the work is consistently heavy. any advice would be greatly appreciated.. thanks

razor23
03-01-2012, 11:40 AM
You shouldn't just be consuming protein before and after an 8 hour shift. Have a meal with protein, carbs and fats before and after work and you will most likely feel a whole lot better.

Jen0va
03-01-2012, 11:54 AM
like he said you should probably eat more normally to feel sustained during your shift instead of starving as I'd immagine youd be. As long as you get the right amount of macronutrients per day and hit your calorie target u'll see whatever results that are realistic of your "workouts"

ah that was a good sesh of typing some sentences. brb protein shake so my finger muscles get stronger..feels good brah.

skinny_little
03-01-2012, 11:58 AM
aight. what types of carbs should i be eating? trying to stay away from flour. sugar. etc. i like staying clean or near keto since i dont want to gain additional fat... any examples of some good meals that are clean and healthy with complex carbs?