PDA

View Full Version : Meals for work that dont need to be heated?

barriola90
03-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Hello everyone. I work in the oilfield and during the day I don't have access to a microwave or anything to heat my food. Ive been taking chicken breast or lean steak and brown rice however I pretty much just have to force it down because it doesn't really taste good cold. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ParsonBrown
03-01-2012, 07:53 AM
There are lots of options...

- don't eat at work
- fruit
- nuts
- sandwhiches
- etc

BDeblo
03-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Chicken Salad Wrap:
.5 cup Greek yogurt
8 oz chicken
Some walnuts, grapes and celery
Lettuce
Cheese (optional; I prefer Swiss if I put it on there)

WonderPug
03-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Can't you just go out to eat at a restaurant at lunchtime?

Neptune34
03-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Use a thermos.

-Chicken vegetable soup with some whole wheat pasta
-Chickpea soup http://davidrocco.com/recipes/soups/chickpea_soup.asp (reduce the oil)
-Anything with lentils, beans, etc. Mix with rice if you care about making your meal a "complete protein."

ironwill2008
03-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Hello everyone. I work in the oilfield and during the day I don't have access to a microwave or anything to heat my food. Ive been taking chicken breast or lean steak and brown rice however I pretty much just have to force it down because it doesn't really taste good cold. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pack chicken/steak sandwiches, fruit, raw veggies, etc. in a cooler with a couple blocks of 'Bright Ice.'

If you're hungry and/or are driven to do what you know you need to do in order to progress, you'll eat. If not, you won't.