PDA

View Full Version : Diet issues

piraxtiri
02-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Hi guys,

I've just started working out and obviously I'm very conscious of what I eat.

The fact, before working out, I did not eat eggs, chicken or tuna.

Basically I sourced my protein from meat. I'm forcing myself to eat a can of tuna a week, but I can't stomach chicken or eggs, yes I'm weird I know.

So I was wondering if anyone could like give a list of meals I could have say after breakfast, lunch and after lunch?

In a day, I have

Morning
2 cups of oats

Morning tea
12 almonds, yoghurt

Lunch
2 peanut butter sandwiches

afternoon tea
protein shake
broccoli and spinach

workout

protein shake

dinner

400g steak with veggies

I'm an ectomorph so sometimes I have spaghetti, I try to include fish here and there but I'm really struggling with preparing meals to have during the day whilst I'm at uni. I have to prepare something from home because all the food on campus is bad for you.

Thanks in advance for all your advice and help :)

String13
02-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Hi guys,

I've just started working out and obviously I'm very conscious of what I eat.

The fact, before working out, I did not eat eggs, chicken or tuna.

Basically I sourced my protein from meat. I'm forcing myself to eat a can of tuna a week, but I can't stomach chicken or eggs, yes I'm weird I know.

So I was wondering if anyone could like give a list of meals I could have say after breakfast, lunch and after lunch?

In a day, I have

Morning
2 cups of oats

Morning tea
12 almonds, yoghurt

Lunch
2 peanut butter sandwiches

afternoon tea
protein shake
broccoli and spinach

workout

protein shake

dinner

400g steak with veggies

I'm an ectomorph so sometimes I have spaghetti, I try to include fish here and there but I'm really struggling with preparing meals to have during the day whilst I'm at uni. I have to prepare something from home because all the food on campus is bad for you.

Thanks in advance for all your advice and help :)
not being able to stomach chicken is a killer. ever try ground turkey? make burgers. asian burger recipe..use one 16 oz pack of lean ground turkey, low sodium soy sauce, touch of sesame oil, scallion, egg whites and oats instead of bread crumbs..usually makes 5 burgers but i make 4 (big eater :D) i can give you exact measurements if youre interested

AlwaysTryin
02-29-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm forcing myself to eat a can of tuna a week, but I can't stomach chicken or eggs, yes I'm weird I know.

Why on earth would you force yourself to eat foods you don't like. Seems stupid, idiotic even

not being able to stomach chicken is a killer. ever try ground turkey? make burgers. asian burger recipe..use one 16 oz pack of lean ground turkey, low sodium soy sauce, touch of sesame oil, scallion, egg whites and oats instead of bread crumbs..usually makes 5 burgers but i make 4 (big eater :D) i can give you exact measurements if youre interested

Why? Steak tastes better than chicken IMO

Also, the bold makes no sense?

ShinySephiroth
02-29-2012, 07:38 PM
For muscle gains eat from animal proteins (cows, fowl, fish). It doesn't matter which.

piraxtiri
02-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Why on earth would you force yourself to eat foods you don't like. Seems stupid, idiotic even

Also, the bold makes no sense?

because eggs is the best source of protein but i struggle to have 1, chicken is so hard to eat, its just bland and tastes ****, i struggle immensely...tuna is tough too but not as bad as eggs and chicken

ShinySephiroth
02-29-2012, 07:42 PM
There is no best when it comes to protein. Protein is protein.

String13
02-29-2012, 07:49 PM
16 oz turkey into 5 burgers=3.2 oz each, 16 oz into 4 burgers=4 oz each..bigger burgers..and seasoning my man. i mean, i wouldnt eat something i dont enjoy, but you can certainly add flavor.

String13
02-29-2012, 08:01 PM

agreed, but lean cuts are pricey in comparison to chicken breast

AlwaysTryin
02-29-2012, 08:04 PM
because eggs is the best source of protein but i struggle to have 1, chicken is so hard to eat, its just bland and tastes ****, i struggle immensely...tuna is tough too but not as bad as eggs and chicken

Best? how?

Whey is better than all those

AlwaysTryin
02-29-2012, 08:05 PM
agreed, but lean cuts are pricey in comparison to chicken breast

Please answer the bolded part :p

String13
02-29-2012, 08:13 PM
16 oz turkey into 5 burgers=3.2 oz each, 16 oz into 4 burgers=4 oz each..bigger burgers..

quoting myself lol

bulgarianfreak5
02-29-2012, 08:14 PM
As far as eating chicken, have you looked into putting seasonings on (fajita, cajun, garlic, paprika, curry, salt and pepper...anything) or hot sauce, mustard, and salsa? Thats the beauty of chicken, some people say its tasteless (I myself love chicken and turkey) but then that means it goes with anything.

AlwaysTryin
02-29-2012, 08:43 PM
quoting myself lol

How is it bigger burgers?

It's still the same quantity (ingredients)... in fact... 5 would probably be larger due to an extra bun..

piraxtiri
03-01-2012, 01:23 AM
yeah but isn't 4 burgers too much bread?

prolvr
03-01-2012, 02:25 AM
yeah but isn't 4 burgers too much bread?

whats bad about bread?

You seem very lost & should read the stickies above.

String13
03-01-2012, 03:03 AM
How is it bigger burgers?

It's still the same quantity (ingredients)... in fact... 5 would probably be larger due to an extra bun..
i see what you mean..i guess its because i usually eat 1, 1.5 in a sitting, so at that given time im eating more food

piraxtiri
03-01-2012, 03:35 AM
whats bad about bread?

You seem very lost & should read the stickies above.

bread is full of carbs, its not good if ur cutting

nobrah
03-01-2012, 05:01 AM
For muscle gains eat from animal proteins (cows, fowl, fish). It doesn't matter which.

There is no best when it comes to protein. Protein is protein.
Aroo?

bread is full of carbs, its not good if ur cutting

It's only bad if you exceed your total calorie target for the day or replace more essential macros with carbs such that your total macro targets are off.