PDA

View Full Version : Will RG3 be a bust (poll)

problemz
02-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes/No and reason why

cor030
02-28-2012, 11:43 AM
should remake thread with public poll

brb_ballin
02-28-2012, 11:51 AM
depends... what are the expectations?

him to be a starter?

pro bowler?

converted to RB?

GolfPants
02-28-2012, 11:53 AM
I like him a lot as a prospect but I'll pick bust thinking solely of the numbers. There are a lot more 1st round busts than hits at the qb position.

Whophlungpoo
02-28-2012, 11:54 AM
I can't see him running a NFL passing offense. Those careless deep balls do not work at this level.

problemz
02-28-2012, 12:33 PM
should remake thread with public poll

ha I thought about it but what is done is done

depends... what are the expectations?

him to be a starter?

pro bowler?

converted to RB?

Pretty sure any top 5 pick and especially a QB the expectations are high. Franchise caliber QB you can build behind in an attempt to win more Super Bowls. lol RB u cheeky kunt..

There are a lot more 1st round busts than hits at the qb position.

agreed

I can't see him running a NFL passing offense. Those careless deep balls do not work at this level.

careless? Did you watch Baylor?

stackjack
02-28-2012, 01:32 PM
bust if you expect him to be a top tier quarterback. He'll be a low tier starter peaking as a mid tier starter during his mental+athletic prime then back to low tier as his athleticism tapers off and he injuries pile up

problemz
02-28-2012, 01:52 PM
In b4 Phillyfreak..Rumor has it the Eagles have entered the trade talk also the Broncos.

JM2412
02-28-2012, 01:55 PM
I like him a lot.

ne12o
02-28-2012, 01:56 PM
way more upside then ryan leaf aka andrew luck

RacksonRacks
02-28-2012, 02:26 PM
if the wrong team drafts him , like the browns

MadFapper
02-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Looks Luke Washington is gonna go full retard to get him

problemz
02-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Looks Luke Washington is gonna go full retard to get him

If Washington goes 2012 1/3/4 2013 1/3

then that is far from full retard since they hold a high number 2 this year and can EASILY recoup lost picks. If they do it correctly at the end of the day they will lose a number 1 next year. Small price to pay if it ends up like Manning in NY..then again I'm a homer

Tyler44
02-28-2012, 04:28 PM
I think you are obsessed at this point

phillyfreak7
02-28-2012, 04:36 PM
In b4 Phillyfreak..Rumor has it the Eagles have entered the trade talk also the Broncos.Fuk yeah

I knew Reid had to be interested in Griffin.. He is everything Andy could ever want in a QB. And for those of you that don't think we have the ammo to get it done...

What are the Rams' two biggest needs? WR and CB? What do the Eagles have? DeSean and Asante?

This is what I could see that the Rams would definitely consider;
DeSean Jackson
Asante Samuel
1st next season

That's 5 valuable picks or players. Huge value for the Rams... It wouldn't kill the rest of the Eagles' draft this season and I'll give up a first next year for Griffin.

If this were to happen though, the Eagles would have to go out and get another WR.

Also, the Broncos don't have enough to offer to get Griffin. They have no chance.

redthought
02-28-2012, 04:38 PM
no, cus hes a good thrower.

problemz
02-28-2012, 04:48 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

Fuk yeah

I knew Reid had to be interested in Griffin.. He is everything Andy could ever want in a QB. And for those of you that don't think we have the ammo to get it done...

What are the Rams' two biggest needs? WR and CB? What do the Eagles have? DeSean and Asante?

DeSean Jackson
Asante Samuel
1st next season

That's 5 valuable picks or players. Huge value for the Rams... It wouldn't kill the rest of the Eagles' draft this season and I'll give up a first next year for Griffin.

If this were to happen though, the Eagles would have to go out and get another WR.

Also, the Broncos don't have enough to offer to get Griffin. They have no chance.

that would be a hell of a trade honestly..

ZidaneValor
02-28-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm going to say yes because anyone that doesn't win multiple Super Bowls is a bust to most people.

Ralph Wiggum
02-29-2012, 07:21 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

that would be a hell of a trade honestly..

This is why Eagles fans would have no problem trading up and sending all of our 1st and 2nd round picks.

2004: Shawn Andrews, Matt Ware
2005: Mike Patterson, Reggie Brown, Matt McCoy, Ryan Moats
2006: Bunkley, Justice, Gocong
2007: Kolb, Abirimiri, Bradley, Hunt
2008: Laws, DJax, Bryan Smith
2009: Maclin, McCoy, traded picks for Jason Peters
2010: Graham, Allen, Daniel Te'Oneshiem
2011: Watkins, Jarrett, Marsh

Notice we only have 1 good year (2009) of early (1,2,3) round picks.

lsiberian
02-29-2012, 10:29 AM
This is why Eagles fans would have no problem trading up and sending all of our 1st and 2nd round picks.
2004: Shawn Andrews, Matt Ware
2005: Mike Patterson, Reggie Brown, Matt McCoy, Ryan Moats
2006: Bunkley, Justice, Gocong
2007: Kolb, Abirimiri, Bradley, Hunt
2008: Laws, DJax, Bryan Smith
2009: Maclin, McCoy, traded picks for Jason Peters
2010: Graham, Allen, Daniel Te'Oneshiem
2011: Watkins, Jarrett, Marsh
Notice we only have 1 good year (2009) of early (1,2,3) round picks.

I'm not sure I could take the Eagles having him. The skins maybe, but the Eagles would be hard. Come on Jerry fall in love with RG3 and trade for him. Don't let the Eagles dominate the division for another decade.

IheartBBCsrs
02-29-2012, 10:33 AM
better the lucky luck for sure

MontelWilliams
02-29-2012, 10:36 AM

this...and he'll only be a bust if he goes to the redskins

jimbogr
02-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Top 10 QB for a couple seasons and he's not a bust imo

but yeah, to some people if he doesn't win a SB he's a bust

RollinSwollin28
02-29-2012, 10:39 AM
yes he will, will bump thread in 2 years

cor030
02-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Fuk yeah

DeSean Jackson
Asante Samuel
1st next season

Never gonna happen.

1) Rams went 3 straight years with a top 3 draft pick before the rookie salary cap was implemented. They have about $10m in cap space now, and it will cost half that or more to sign their draft picks. That's not even factoring in the cost of retaining their free agents/etc. There is no way they'll take on Asante's contract and give DJax the money he wants.

2) Moving down 13 spots would be stupid. If they trade with the Browns, they move down 2 spots and will still be guaranteed either Matt Kalil or Blackmon, among many other blue chip prospects. Even if they move down to the Redskins spot, there is still MUCH better talent available.

cliffs: never gonna happen.

DaBest12
02-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Fuk yeah

DeSean Jackson
Asante Samuel
1st next season

Why would the Eagles trade for RG3 when they just gave Vick a 100m contract?

Ralph Wiggum
02-29-2012, 11:21 AM

They can cut him after this season. It was really a 2 year 32 million dollar contract.

JaxBrah
02-29-2012, 11:40 AM
way more upside then ryan leaf aka andrew luck

Lol wut

orderoutofchaos
02-29-2012, 11:51 AM
"ran down in the backfield again" will be the story of his career

problemz
02-29-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm going to say yes because anyone that doesn't win multiple Super Bowls is a bust to most people.

i see what you're saying

I'm not sure I could take the Eagles having him. The skins maybe, but the Eagles would be hard. Come on Jerry fall in love with RG3 and trade for him. Don't let the Eagles dominate the division for another decade.

This BUT fuk the Cowboys =D

this...and he'll only be a bust if he goes to the redskins

Location..Hi hater

Top 10 QB for a couple seasons and he's not a bust imo

but yeah, to some people if he doesn't win a SB he's a bust

We will see

yes he will, will bump thread in 2 years

I will beat you to it when he is ROTY and on another level of swag

Never gonna happen.

1) Rams went 3 straight years with a top 3 draft pick before the rookie salary cap was implemented. They have about $10m in cap space now, and it will cost half that or more to sign their draft picks. That's not even factoring in the cost of retaining their free agents/etc. There is no way they'll take on Asante's contract and give DJax the money he wants.

2) Moving down 13 spots would be stupid. If they trade with the Browns, they move down 2 spots and will still be guaranteed either Matt Kalil or Blackmon, among many other blue chip prospects. Even if they move down to the Redskins spot, there is still MUCH better talent available.

cliffs: never gonna happen.
Basically this..Rams are struggling with cap hence one of the reasons they NEED to trade

They can cut him after this season. It was really a 2 year 32 million dollar contract.

that..

Lol wut

Luck is more pro ready and many believe RG3 has the higher upside but the bigger bust potential. Understand?

"ran down in the backfield again" will be the story of his career

RG3 is faster then Superman..so that is never going to happen

Zuloon
02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes, he's a black quarterback.

How ridiculous is that?

kevinus99
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
i dont think he will be a bust...but personally i have never been in favor of drafting any QB in the first round....too much difference between the college and the pro game...better going with a stud RB or defensive player.