PDA

View Full Version : Lost 20 pounds since I started working out..

Igottamakeit
02-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Went from 196 to 175, I'm 5'11 and I look alot better but I haven't added on any real muscle yet, I look very slim.

I'm 37 and this is my diet.

6 egg whites with cheese and wheat toast for breakfast
Oatmeal as a snack for lunch with regular peanut butter
Chicken breast with white rice, veggies (brocoli and cali), black beans (canned)

I don't eat until I get home which is around 6:30 and my lunch is 12:00 and that's a long time

When I get home
Tuna salad, maybe some more oatmeal or egg whites (or a sweet potato)

I drink 3 protien shakes thoughout the day, multi, fish oil and so forth.

Am I not eating enough or am I on the right path and give it more time.

My workout schedule is pretty weird.... weekends and wednesday nights (have other arrangments to attend to.

FJPhotography
02-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Don't have the experience to offer any advice, but good luck in achieving your goals!

One thing, I am pretty sure that you're going to need to post your macros and daily calorific intake in order for any experienced guys to be able to offer advice on consuming more/less.

snake1856
02-28-2012, 10:32 AM
If you only have Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday to workout, what does your workout look like? I would doubt you are doing full body both Saturday and Sunday.

jrctherake
02-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Went from 196 to 175, I'm 5'11 and I look alot better but I haven't added on any real muscle yet, I look very slim.

I'm 37 and this is my diet.

6 egg whites with cheese and wheat toast for breakfast
Oatmeal as a snack for lunch with regular peanut butter
Chicken breast with white rice, veggies (brocoli and cali), black beans (canned)

I don't eat until I get home which is around 6:30 and my lunch is 12:00 and that's a long time

When I get home
Tuna salad, maybe some more oatmeal or egg whites (or a sweet potato)

I drink 3 protien shakes thoughout the day, multi, fish oil and so forth.

Am I not eating enough or am I on the right path and give it more time.

My workout schedule is pretty weird.... weekends and wednesday nights (have other arrangments to attend to.

If I could only train on Wednesdays and the weekends I would do: upper body Saturday.......legs Sunday............full body Wednesday. JMO.

ezra76
02-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Diet looks good and clean, depends on portions though. Are you still trying to lose fat or are you going for muscle mass now?

Personally for strength/mass workout wise I'd do chest/tri's on Sat. with abs at the end, Legs on Sunday with some biceps to finish off then Wed. night would be military press, rows and deadlifts hard and heavy.

Jtbny
02-28-2012, 01:08 PM
There are many that accomplish their goals working out 3 days a week. Not sure what your question is. Are you eating enough? Don't know..what's your maintaince. You need to figure that out. Didn't see any calories listed.

Also to the poster above me...can you explain to me what a clean diet is? I hear that term thrown around but don't know what it means.

MontyMagpie
02-28-2012, 01:37 PM

Any picture?

cowboybiker
02-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Any picture?This coming from the guy who will only take a pic of his weights.

BloodySalad
02-28-2012, 01:47 PM
OP. Figure out what your maintenance is.
Then go to a site like fitday.com and input your diet. Make sure you put in every single thing that goes into your mouth during the day. Check that the figures given by the software correspond with the foodstuffs you're eating by checking with their packaging. If it's out, there's a customisation option so that you can get it more precise.
At the bottom of the page, apart from letting you know how many calories you're burning, it will tell you how much fat, protein and carbs are in your diet. It will also give you percentage ratios for your macros.

From that you will be able to get some idea about your diet. But tbh, if you're getting results and you're happy with them, I wouldn't sweat it too much if I were you.

pvsampson
02-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Any picture?
Hmmmm...

This coming from the guy who will only take a pic of his weights.

And where are they??

OP,you need to check out the stickies my friend.

MontyMagpie
02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
And where are they??

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141329851

I got negged a few times for having crappy standard mismatched weights.

pvsampson
02-28-2012, 05:30 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141329851

I got negged a few times for having crappy standard mismatched weights.

I have standard,mismatched,and 37kg of those are plastic coated cement plates....but I didn't pay for any of them

Anyway..off topic.

Igottamakeit
02-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Wednesday shoulders, legs
Saturday back, bi
Sundays chest, tri

No pictures yet, I'll take one in the morning before work.

I'll get my dairy calorie intake and i may have to do a full body one of those 3 days a week.

Thanks for all the assistance.

billb7581
02-29-2012, 07:14 AM
With that schedule I would probably do some sort of upper/lower split and alternate them so something is getting hit 2x a week (first upper than lower)

Igottamakeit
02-29-2012, 10:01 AM
With that schedule I would probably do some sort of upper/lower split and alternate them so something is getting hit 2x a week (first upper than lower)

Can you give a example?

wednesday - shoulder, legs
Saturday - chest, back,
Sunday - shoulder, arms, legs
wednesday - chest..blah?

billb7581
02-29-2012, 10:30 AM
This is a copy paste job that looked pretty good to me.. not that I am the most knowledgable person around here, but it seems to me hitting something 2 times each week would be superior you'd just keep alternating between the 2 workouts. I'd probably add some stiff leg deadlifts to lower body day, and call it a day.

Lower Body
Squat: 3-4 sets X 6-8 reps
Lying leg curl: 3-4 sets X 6-8 reps
Leg press: 2-3 sets X 10-12 reps
Calf raise: 3-4 sets X 10-12 reps

Upper Body
Flat bench: 3-4 sets X 6-8 reps
Row: 3-4 sets X 6-8 reps
Incline bench or shoulder press: 2-3 sets X 10-12 reps
Pulldown/chin up: 2-3 sets X 10-12 reps
Close grip bench press: 1-2 sets X 12-15 reps ( light )
Biceps curls: 1-2 sets X 12-15 reps ( light )