PDA

View Full Version : ***Horrid cramps after protein bar...anyone else with this issue?***

Zerafian
02-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Iv had this issue in the past and never took the time to investigate it. Today I went to pick up some shakes and decided to buy a protein bar, it looked tasty and I was a bit hungry.

I took about 3 bites and all the sudden I started getting really bad stomach cramps, sharp pains, and it hurt to stand straight up or bend over. Keep in mind this was 2 or 3 bites of a bar that couldnt have been more then 5" long...very small i what Im getting at.

Well after I googled "stomach cramps after eating protein bar" I got a lot of hits on something called "Maltitol" an artificial sweetener. I wanted to see if any one else has every had this issue and/or can link more research on what causes such problems.

side not this also happened to be with one of the Isopure fruit protein drinks in the glass bottle and some other protein powder in a blue container, GNC sold it exclusively for short time, I cant remember the brand.

Zerafian
02-27-2012, 02:33 PM
bump...nobody?

Blackjack68
02-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Just a wild guess, but check the ingredients for sugar alcohols. Some people have trouble with them.