PDA

View Full Version : Question about IF and training

shawngreg
02-27-2012, 07:30 AM
ok so from what i understand i fast 16 hours of the day and have an 8 hour eating window where my biggest meal is post workout? correct me if im wrong please

if my window is going to be from 1pm-9pm and i train at 6pm, will having a shake at 1pm then getting all my cals in after training be any more beneficial to say having a shake at 1pm and then another meal at 5pm right before i train?
i want to start this week but have the feeling i might need a meal pre-workout to fit all my cals in

vitornoob
02-27-2012, 07:48 AM
ok so from what i understand i fast 16 hours of the day and have an 8 hour eating window where my biggest meal is post workout? correct me if im wrong please

if my window is going to be from 1pm-9pm and i train at 6pm, will having a shake at 1pm then getting all my cals in after training be any more beneficial to say having a shake at 1pm and then another meal at 5pm right before i train?
i want to start this week but have the feeling i might need a meal pre-workout to fit all my cals in

You can do 1 pre workout meal if you want, just do your eating meal later on the day...like 3pm-11pm or 2pm-10pm....but if you want to eat from 1pm to 9pm, have 2 small pre workout meals that do not stuff yourself...

read the LG guide agains.... www.leangains.com

shawngreg
02-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Ok so maybe ill adjust my eating timeframe to better allow me to get all my macros in. Thanks man, any other opinions?

TinyMuscolo
02-28-2012, 08:35 AM
I'd not eat right before you workout. When it comes to the "1 pre-wo meal" protocol, the first meal of the day should be light (40 gr of protein, veggies as a side dish, low fat, then you can add a piece of fruit) and at least 2-3 hours apart. No magic in this formula, you can do whatever fits your habits; keep in mind not to overlap digestion and working out.
Otherwise, train fasted and take 5-15 gr of BCAA/EAA 10 to 15 minutes prior to training.

shawngreg
03-01-2012, 07:55 AM
ok so today is my 1st day trying this.
i train at 6pm
i have my break at work at 2:45pm

ive been fasting since 9pm last night.

break my fast at 2:45pm today with a small portion of chicken and rice
at 5pm have a shake and piece of fruit
at 6pm train
7pm - 1045pm indulge with biggest meal coming post workout

is all of this correct or should i switch up my 1st 2 meals or skip one? any tweaks would be ideal!
generally i found out i will need my eating window to be between 245-1045pm or something similar

shawngreg
03-01-2012, 09:01 AM
bump! hunger cravings havent been too bad as of yet

TinyMuscolo
03-02-2012, 07:54 AM
You got it right! :)