PDA

View Full Version : do all of you "cutters" count calories?

ohmagadbecky
02-26-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm not gonna lie I'm getting kinda tired of counting calories. Even though I eat relativly easy to track foods I feel like I think about food all day. I think about food way too much. It just feels very unnatural.

If I ate all whole foods all the time and had a solid routine (Jiu-jitsu 3x a week, running a mile a day 5x a week and lifting for mostly strength 2x a week) do you think I would lean out?

Honestly I want my abs to show. I want to be just a bit more lean than I already am but I feel like cutting calories and being hungry makes me feel less active/lazier than I should be.

Would it be feasable for me to eat a whole foods diet and not overindulge and just make sure i'm active and kick ass in everything I do? Is it even possible for anyone to get shredded without needing to really count anything?

WonderPug
02-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Don't you know that bodyweight is a function of caloric balance and not individual food choice?

Regardless of what foods you select, if you consume over TDEE you will gain weight and if you consume under TDEE you will lose weight.

VIsland
02-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Don't you know that bodyweight is a function of caloric balance and not individual food choice?

Regardless of what foods you select, if you consume over TDEE you will gain weight and if you consume under TDEE you will lose weight.

This is a concept too far reaching this OP. Hence the overthinking, complicated and somewhat counterproductive thought process.

ohmagadbecky
02-26-2012, 03:56 PM
what i mean by the whole foods thing is that wouldnt eating whole foods make it less likley to overeat? eating nutrient dense/mostly lower calorie foods as opposed to nutrient poor calorie packed junky foods would allow me to listen to my body rather than a number that I found on some website that may or may not be correct?

tjwoody
02-26-2012, 04:00 PM
i can wicked over eat whole foods or any foods! if u dont want to track cals or worry about food, come up with a macros plan and stick to it daily. IE: eat the same things every day.

WonderPug
02-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Macadamias are a whole food and it's easy to consume 2,000 calories in one sitting.

Anyway, you can select foods with higher satiety but the outcome of your diet will depend on caloric intake.

germaine07
02-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Macadamias are a whole food and it's easy to consume 2,000 calories in one sitting.

Anyway, you can select foods with higher satiety but the outcome of your diet will depend on caloric intake.
And brazil nuts. They taste so good and go down so easy :)

mattypoole
02-26-2012, 04:05 PM
This:

and this..

This is a concept too far reaching this OP. Hence the overthinking, complicated and somewhat counterproductive thought process.

Mr_Aryze
02-26-2012, 04:06 PM
What WonderPug said first.

Plus if you do count you're able to fit in all sorts of foods that you like without harming progress.

midcoastking33
02-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Try it out. As long as the scale is going down at a decent clip and you aren't hemorrhaging strength then there's no need to actively count calories religiously

holysmokes700
02-26-2012, 05:17 PM
While I am not advocating this...my first transformation was done entirely without caloric counting. Just cutting out candy and using oats, vegetables, eggs, yoghurt, nuts, chicken and tuna as staples (which i love...so it wasn't a sacrifice) + lifting gave me the results you see in my bodyspace. (if you go, you can see the before/after)

ps. edit: after 2 years of deviating off track, I am now back in the game...and this time I am calorie counting...and yes, it's a bit more stressful, but i got abs back in less than a month. (and no, i wasn't eating at 800 calories per day either)