PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Braun Wins Appeal

Corey_Ellis
02-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Ryan Braun has won his appeal of a drug suspension and will not be suspended for 50 games. Blog on http://jsonline.com.
https://twitter.com/#!/Haudricourt/status/172804608597557249

Future24
02-23-2012, 02:13 PM
lmao fuking selig

LostOne287
02-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Baseball reasons

FrankyOnions
so who's 1st pick now miggy or braun?

WheyneNewton
jewspiracy

(no negs I'm Jewish. I can say that.)

AriGhold
http://www.catholic-blame.com/content/scapegoat-images/the-jews.jpg

i'm allowed to say it i go to temple on saturdays

_Translucency
02-23-2012, 02:16 PM
jewspiracy

(no negs I'm Jewish. I can say that.)

I was friends with a Jew once, so it's cool.

PhysiquePhreak
02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
It'd be nice to see the idiot from MLB get fired for leaking the results to some other idiot to ESPN before the punishment was handed down.

Good for Braun.

evilsteve02
02-23-2012, 02:23 PM
shame, dude was clean and will always be suspected of it. All because MLB does a ****ty job of testing. They used outside parties to review the case and he was found clean.

Corey_Ellis
02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Good fight, MLB testing program

-=Zeus=-!
02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
12st

FrankyOnions
02-23-2012, 02:31 PM
shame, dude was clean and will always be suspected of it. All because MLB does a ****ty job of testing. They used outside parties to review the case and he was found clean.

He was supposedly taking something for an embarrassing private condition...

namean
02-23-2012, 02:33 PM
phucking bull$hit!!
brb hi Im bud selig, my employee using steroids. naaaaah noway. hes clean. overturn the suspension.

Doc1232
02-23-2012, 02:35 PM
lol at everyone who was saying give back his MVP

bbacn123
02-23-2012, 02:36 PM
That's a joke man. Baseball just lost some respect today. (serious)

Doc1232
02-23-2012, 02:37 PM

you say this why?

Braun: "it is the first step in restoring my good name and reputation. we were able to get through this bec i an innocent ...''

PhysiquePhreak
02-23-2012, 02:38 PM

The only people to lose respect for are the jerkoffs who leaked the story from inside Major League Baseball and the idiots from ESPN, who are much like the idiots on this forum that say "First" in a thread just to be first, that posted the story.

namean
02-23-2012, 02:38 PM
That's a joke man. Baseball just lost some respect today. (serious) bud selig is just as corrupt as david stern

duece26rocks
02-23-2012, 02:44 PM
so who's 1st pick now miggy or braun?

braun.. no brainer

Reggie3
02-23-2012, 02:48 PM
LOL at Selig realizing that without Braun, the Brewers wouldn't sell a single ticket for the first 50 games

Baseball reasons

paulpfiction
02-23-2012, 02:58 PM
**** yes!

MA5Bergey
02-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Honestly, I don't know whether to think there was a genuine screw up or whether the MLB just wants to sweep it under the rug. Braun has been a favorite of mine but at this point, I'd be more surprised if a great baseball player wasn't on gear than on it.

swimmer32
02-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Shame the whole thing happened. Although it sounds like it was overturned on a technicality - due to the sample not being delivered in a timely manner. It doesn't sound like he won the appeal because he was clean. Anybody else have info?

EDIT: "According to a Twitter report by Joel Sherman of the New York Post (@Joelsherman1), Braun's defense argued that the sample tested wasn't delivered to the lab in a timely fashion, and that was a key factor in the arbitrator's decision."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-brewers-braun-has-50game-suspension-overturned-20120223,0,5002084.story

Reptarr
02-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Apparently MLB doesn't agree with the decision:

It has always been Major League Baseball's position that no matter who tests positive, we will exhaust all avenues in pursuit of the appropriate discipline. We have been true to that position in every instance, because baseball fans deserve nothing less," Manfred said. "As a part of our drug testing program, the commissioner's office and the players' association agreed to a neutral third party review for instances that are under dispute. While we have always respected that process, Major League Baseball vehemently disagrees with the decision rendered today by arbitrator Shyam Das.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7608360/ryan-braun-wins-appeal-50-game-suspension

EastCoastNiner
02-23-2012, 03:24 PM
RT @SBerthiaumeESPN Braun argued test protocol had not been followed. Collector took sample home & kept it refrigerated

Oh, lawd.

Footballguru
02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh, lawd.

the guy ****in took the sample home. Imagine being investigated by the cops who seize your wallet and take it home and voila when they bring it to trial it is stuffed with capsules of heroin. idiot.

Jyeatbvg
02-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Oh, lawd.
in b4 collector gets brewers seasons tickets for life

905brah
02-23-2012, 03:33 PM
he must be friends with OJ Simpson

inb4tc
02-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Oh, lawd.

lol. Strong possibility of tampering and lack of protocol. dun goofed.

brb the MVP back for the full season

Mac_xX
02-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Good ting to have him in the game IMO.

nontansto
02-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Ryan Braun - one of the few Jew baseball players, plays for Milwaukee Brewers
Bud Selig - commissioner of MLB (also jewish)

Bud Selig is former owner of said Brewers

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002033201/thinking-meme-52169236096_xlarge.png

stevedarsh
02-23-2012, 04:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/76...ame-suspension

article says braun still tested positive but got off on a technicality because his sample wasnt shipped immediately. For people misinformed, Braun still failed the 2nd test by MLB.

He wins today because of the 1st sample collection procedure. It doesn't change the fact Braun still fails the 2nd test as well.

"According to one of the sources, the collector, after getting Braun's sample, was supposed to take the sample to FedEx/Kinkos for shipping but thought it was closed because it was late on a Saturday. As has occurred in some other instances, the collector took the sample home and kept it in a cool place and possibly refrigerated it. Policy states that the sample is supposed to get to FedEx as soon as possible.

Braun's initial T/E ratio was more than 20:1. And sources previously confirmed synthetic testosterone in his system. A source says MLB is livid and is considering options and other comment."

""Braun was informed that he had tested positive for elevated testosterone, he requested that MLB test the "B" sample, standard procedure to see if somehow the "A" sample had been tainted. The results matched. A subsequent, more comprehensive test, called an Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (IRMS) test, determined that some of the testosterone in his system had been produced by an "exogenous," or outside, source. "

"Braun didn't argue evidence of tampering, didn't argue anything about science being wrong but argued protocol had not been followed. " "

cliffs: he's still a cheater, just a cheater with a loophole

IDunnoAliens1
02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
phucking bull$hit!!
brb hi Im bud selig, my employee using steroids. naaaaah noway. hes clean. overturn the suspension.

Strong not knowing what the hell you're talking about.

BMatt
02-23-2012, 04:13 PM

article says braun still tested positive but got off on a technicality because his sample wasnt shipped immediately. For people misinformed, Braun still failed the 2nd test by MLB.

He wins today because of the 1st sample collection procedure. It doesn't change the fact Braun still fails the 2nd test as well.

"According to one of the sources, the collector, after getting Braun's sample, was supposed to take the sample to FedEx/Kinkos for shipping but thought it was closed because it was late on a Saturday. As has occurred in some other instances, the collector took the sample home and kept it in a cool place and possibly refrigerated it. Policy states that the sample is supposed to get to FedEx as soon as possible.

Braun's initial T/E ratio was more than 20:1. And sources previously confirmed synthetic testosterone in his system. A source says MLB is livid and is considering options and other comment."

""Braun was informed that he had tested positive for elevated testosterone, he requested that MLB test the "B" sample, standard procedure to see if somehow the "A" sample had been tainted. The results matched. A subsequent, more comprehensive test, called an Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (IRMS) test, determined that some of the testosterone in his system had been produced by an "exogenous," or outside, source. "

"Braun didn't argue evidence of tampering, didn't argue anything about science being wrong but argued protocol had not been followed. " "

Again..

Learn how to read..

There is a reason why Braun hired one of the top attorneys in the nation, David Cornwell, and not you. He chose the defense route that was the easiest to win with, and why wouldn't he? None of his positive tests mattered if he was able to prove within reasonable doubt that there had been issues regarding the chain of command with Braun's urine sample. Who is to say his urine samples weren't tainted during the 2 day layover before it got to the lab? Cornwell had a brilliant defense, and in the process, killed two birds with one stone. The only proof of Braun taking a steroid was mishandled and improperly tested, there is not need to argue science if you are able to discredit the entire process. Due process is a beautiful thing, fool.

stevedarsh
02-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Again..

Learn how to read..

There is a reason why Braun hired one of the top attorneys in the nation, David Cornwell, and not you. He chose the defense route that was the easiest to win with, and why wouldn't he? None of his positive tests mattered if he was able to prove within reasonable doubt that there had been issues regarding the chain of command with Braun's urine sample. Who is to say his urine samples weren't tainted during the 2 day layover before it got to the lab? Cornwell had a brilliant defense, and in the process, killed two birds with one stone. The only proof of Braun taking a steroid was mishandled and improperly tested, there is not need to argue science if you are able to discredit the entire process. Due process is a beautiful thing, fool.

that entire post was so stupid, i'm not even going to bother with you. you're a f*cking retard.

folly412
02-23-2012, 04:21 PM

Call it a loophole, but the argument is that as soon as the process is invalidated you cannot trust the result - A good move on his part. Do you argue that the testing process of probably the most reputable lab in the world was wrong, or that a guy taking your pee home to play with for the weekend was wrong? If you argue both, the credibility of the other is instantly devalued.

super_tactical
02-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Not gunna lie, my #1 mancrush.

nohomo

BMatt
02-23-2012, 04:25 PM
that entire post was so stupid, i'm not even going to bother with you. you're a f*cking retard.

Enlighten me on why it is so stupid, because that's the exact way that the scenario played out.

Not guilty lol.. keep grasping for straws bro.

Bowyermania
02-23-2012, 04:49 PM
The funny thing is if you look at the three members of the board which passed this ruling, one was the president of the MLB Players Association, one was a representative from the MLB executives, and one was an independent arbitrator. Kind of a joke if you ask me.

EastCoastNiner
02-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Enlighten me on why it is so stupid, because that's the exact way that the scenario played out.

You told him to "learn to read" you phaggot, and everything he said was a true. YOU regurgitated exactly what he said, you dumb ****.

ZidaneValor
02-23-2012, 05:00 PM
I think the saddest part of this story is that even though Braun was found innocent, there’s no way he gets in the Hall of Fame now. Jeff Bagwell can’t get in for less than what happened in this case.

The BBWAA will use this incident to not vote for Braun for the HOF for the “integrity of the game.” It really doesn’t matter what Braun actually does in his career from here on out. It’s already been shown that mere accusations are cause enough for the ‘death penalty’ from the HOF voting committee.

Doc1232
02-23-2012, 05:00 PM
So thats MLB side, how about we wait and also hear Brauns side tomorrow before we declare it just a loophole and him still a cheater.

BMatt
02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
You told him to "learn to read" you phaggot, and everything he said was a true. YOU regurgitated exactly what he said, you dumb ****.
God you're an idiot. By the tone of his post you can tell he is attempting to chastise Ryan Braun for not basing his defense on the scientific proof regarding the positive tests, but by a "loophoole" in the testing procedure.

So no, that is not regurgitating the same thing, not at all. I simply explained that Ryan Braun and his attorney David Cornwell made the smart decision by not trying to go that route and with that defense. Again, you also please learn to read.

Bowyermania
02-23-2012, 05:22 PM
So Braun did not dispute that he is taking PEDs but is only saying the league didn't follow proper protocol? Basically he isn't going to get suspended but everyone still knows he cheated. Anything he does from now on will be tainted.

89FoxBody
02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
I don't care if they all use steroids. srs. Go ahead.

ezmac31
02-23-2012, 05:28 PM
well at least we will all get to see him exposed when he isnt protected in the lineup by prince and isnt on gear..

bobcat11
02-23-2012, 05:36 PM
And this is why I hate Jews. Will they ever pay for crimes and bull**** they do? No. **** them. **** Selig. **** Braun.

Just more Jews helping other Jews get off.

**** I'm pissed.

thefullmonte
02-23-2012, 05:44 PM
And this is why I hate Jews. Will they ever pay for crimes and bull**** they do? No. **** them. **** Selig. **** Braun.

Just more Jews helping other Jews get off.

**** I'm pissed.

wow...

ZidaneValor
02-23-2012, 05:46 PM
So Braun did not dispute that he is taking PEDs but is only saying the league didn't follow proper protocol? Basically he isn't going to get suspended but everyone still knows he cheated. Anything he does from now on will be tainted.

Hardballtalk.com - Ryan Braun got off on a “technicality?” Bull! (http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/23/ryan-braun-got-off-on-a-technicality-bull/)

In almost all cases, the people who say that someone “got off on a technicality” or took advantage of a “loophole” really mean “I think the SOB was guilty and because of that I don’t care if the proper safeguards and protocols were followed!” It’s a ridiculous stance.

Ridiculous because procedures such as chain of custody and the proper handling of samples — which were not followed in Braun’s case — exist for a reason. That reason is not, contrary to popular grunting, to make it harder for decent prosecutors or authorities to do their jobs. It’s to ensure the integrity of the system. And, in this case, the integrity of the sample. Every detail that is not adhered to presents another opportunity for a sample to be tainted, lost or otherwise compromised. When that happens the test itself is, by definition, unreliable and any reference to what it may or may not have shown is utterly beside the point.

And while that, in this case, may work to Braun’s benefit, in the long run adherence to those procedures is critical to the integrity and efficacy of the drug testing process. And that’s far more important than whatever this means for one man’s drug test.

The response I expect to that is “well, just because procedures weren’t followed doesn’t mean that Braun didn’t take something!” My response: you’re right. We don’t know that. And we can’t know that, because the testing program is not nor can it reasonably be expected to be one that decides absolute guilt or absolute innocence. In this it’s just like the criminal justice system which never determines actual innocence. It determines the lack of guilt. It does this because the burden is on the accuser and not the accused, same as with the drug testing procedure.

Except in the drug testing world the burden is way, way lower than “beyond a reasonable doubt.” All MLB has to do is take a sample and test it properly, while adhering to a relatively simple set of procedures. If MLB, in this case, could not be bothered to do even that, then neither it nor anyone else has cause to label Ryan Braun a drug user.

Ryan Braun got off on a technicality? Bull. Major League Baseball half-assed it and failed to adhere to the standards it set up for itself. In that case I have no problem considering Braun to be the less culpable party. Anyone who says otherwise is more interested in assumptions and the casting of aspersions than they are in a rigorous and legitimate drug testing regime.

Cliffs: Proper procedures are in place for a reason. Procedures were not followed, so the integrity of the test itself is in question.

bking10
02-23-2012, 05:53 PM

in a way, but just because he used a technicality to get out of it doesnt mean he used PEDs. His lawyers went with what they believed was the best argument to win with. it still could ahve been his herpes, but thats obviously harder to prove and would have lost him the appeal

ZidaneValor
02-23-2012, 06:08 PM
What bugs me about this whole thing is that the evidence collector should know the proper protocol, right?

So if he didn't think he could ship the sample on time, why did he even bother to ask for a urine sample?

Future24
02-23-2012, 06:12 PM
What bugs me about this whole thing is that the evidence collector should know the proper protocol, right?

So if he didn't think he could ship the sample on time, why did he even bother to ask for a urine sample?Because he obviously hates Braun and wanted to mess with the sample........

ZidaneValor
02-23-2012, 06:25 PM
By the way, it took me 3 minutes to go to the FedEx website, and find a store that is open from 9 am to 9 pm on Saturdays and 9-9 on Sundays. So why the hell is the guy waiting until Monday to ship the sample?

Edit: I refined my search on the FedEx website. Watch this:

FedEx Office Print & Ship Center
17925 W Bluemound Rd
Brookfield, WI 53045
(262) 792-1800

It's a 24/7 FedEx that is 10 miles from the 53233 zip code. I'm starting to think this collector is full of sh_t.

Although admittedly, we don't know if this collector tested Braun at a home or road game.

weakguy
02-23-2012, 06:42 PM
lol what a bunch of bull****. MLB doesn't want their young star to be tainted. As guilty as anyone who has ever used before and should be viewed as most people view bonds, arod, clemens, etc

thugonomics
02-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Again..

Learn how to read..

This x1000. In this case, the goal is to overturn the suspension. The easiest way and the game plan with the highest probability to succeed was the the route of discrediting the process.

criminal_manne
02-23-2012, 07:00 PM
funny how everyone defending this cheater happens to be from wisconsin

ZidaneValor
02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
funny how everyone defending this cheater happens to be from wisconsin

Funny how I'm a Yankees fan and I've never seen a Ryan Braun at bat in my life most likely.

CaliiforniaLove
02-23-2012, 07:22 PM

God you're a ****ing idiot. You basically agreed with everything he said in your post dumbass, then somehow insulted him for it.

lmao

IDunnoAliens1
02-23-2012, 07:32 PM
I think the saddest part of this story is that even though Braun was found innocent, there’s no way he gets in the Hall of Fame now. Jeff Bagwell can’t get in for less than what happened in this case.

The BBWAA will use this incident to not vote for Braun for the HOF for the “integrity of the game.” It really doesn’t matter what Braun actually does in his career from here on out. It’s already been shown that mere accusations are cause enough for the ‘death penalty’ from the HOF voting committee.

The Baseball Writers are a bunch of asshats.
BRB the players of the 90's were "cheaters" and "shamed the game"
BRB Hall of Fame is filled w/ players and owners who were racist; took greenies(amphetamines), used spitballs, or had corked bats.

In short, screw the BBWAA.

thefederalist
02-23-2012, 07:37 PM
either way, they re-signed the wrong guy. fielder was the obvious choice imo but not as marketable in Wisconsin I guess

folly412
02-23-2012, 07:41 PM

So if he didn't think he could ship the sample on time, why did he even bother to ask for a urine sample?

Good question. Comment from Brewers SP Chris Narveson:

"If somebody mishandles a sample, that’s not just a technicality, that’s an error,” Narveson said. “I don’t know all of the details so I don’t want to comment too much. Put it this way: This isn’t the first time we’ve had issues with the people [in charge of testing] in Milwaukee. There have been other issues with timing.”

He added: “I would hope it forces stricter operating procedure. I said that even before the Braun situation in Milwaukee. It’s a matter of doing things the right way. It just takes one person who has an ulterior motive to mess things up.”

Looks like Braun is speaking briefly on it tomorrow, not sure how much he's going to say. A bunch of unconfirmed stuff coming out, some attributed to Braun's "camp", some not. Among them, that they have doubts the sample was even his, and a bunch of questions surrounding the mystery samples from other Brewers players that were either also unusually high or discarded or both.

89FoxBody
02-23-2012, 07:56 PM
The Baseball Writers are a bunch of asshats.
BRB the players of the 90's were "cheaters" and "shamed the game"
BRB Hall of Fame is filled w/ players and owners who were racist; took greenies(amphetamines), used spitballs, or had corked bats.

In short, screw the BBWAA.

this...their holier than thou attitude is nauseating.

EastCoastNiner
02-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Brandon McCarthy ******** @BMcCarthy32
Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

"Hey hun, what's this next to the olives?" "That's a bottle of Ryan Braun's piss." "Oh."

IDunnoAliens1
02-23-2012, 08:12 PM
either way, they re-signed the wrong guy. fielder was the obvious choice imo but not as marketable in Wisconsin I guess

At first I was going to flame you, but then I realized Braun isn't miles better than Fielder.
Prince draws far more walks and has more power. However, Braun is the better at base-running ,fielding and hitting for average.

If I was an AL team, I'd take Fielder long term over Braun. While if I was an NL team, I'd commit to Braun over Prince.

8nd
02-23-2012, 09:19 PM

WADA and USADA said it's commonplace. The collector is a third party not an MLB official. Dude did think he was following protocol. MLB just has a wacky interpretation of the rule. Braun cheated and got off. More power to him.

DeeBO-
02-23-2012, 09:37 PM
so....................matt kemp the real MVP right?

LarryAmerica
02-23-2012, 10:00 PM
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/BRAUN-FACEPLANT.gif
hate that phaggot

wsuwarrior
02-23-2012, 10:05 PM
At first I was going to flame you, but then I realized Braun isn't miles better than Fielder.
Prince draws far more walks and has more power. However, Braun is the better at base-running ,fielding and hitting for average.

If I was an AL team, I'd take Fielder long term over Braun. While if I was an NL team, I'd commit to Braun over Prince.

You make a good point.

The Brewers picked one or the other and they picked Braun. Braun is the better overall player lets be honest. Braun has no holes in his game.

Prince strikes out a lot and is a slight liability defensively (he has improved GREATLY). But he is a future DH and as his fielding declines, he will just DH.

So basically the Brewers got a player with similar or greater talents for a lesser price.

Be_Easy_25
02-23-2012, 11:49 PM
news makes me happy.

i still think kemp was the MVP last year....but at least he didnt get cheated out of it.
and i pull for all southern california products...so go ryan braun.

The_Source
02-24-2012, 12:32 AM
^Same

I knew you weren't a cheater the whole time Ryan! :)

ek3
02-24-2012, 04:41 AM
If Ryan Braun was black...

thefullmonte
02-24-2012, 05:03 AM
You make a good point.

The Brewers picked one or the other and they picked Braun. Braun is the better overall player lets be honest. Braun has no holes in his game.

Prince strikes out a lot and is a slight liability defensively (he has improved GREATLY). But he is a future DH and as his fielding declines, he will just DH.

So basically the Brewers got a player with similar or greater talents for a lesser price.

Braun had 93 K's last year...Fielder had 106. Not a whole lot of difference there

folly412
02-24-2012, 05:24 AM
Will Carroll is a writer for SI that specializes in medical issues and PED's. He has been tweeting that Braun's team recreated the circumstances and showed that it matched what the original positive showed. I don't think we've hit the tip of the iceberg yet on what actually happened in this, but Carroll is saying that the chain of custody issue was just the beginning of their defense.

It will be interesting to see how much detail Braun goes into.

Carrol's tweets:

Repeatable result showed exactly how Braun's single test showed positive. Arbitrator agreed. Simple, isn't it?

Brauns appeal was won on the scientific argument, I am told. No specific precedent set here. I'm curious if the substance will leak.

Quit calling Braun decision a technicality, media. It was decided on science.

Defense wasn't based on that it could happen, but how it DID happen.

The Braun decision was based on HOW the sample was corrupted. Panel was shown exactly what happened, why result was invalid.

forevercapone
02-24-2012, 05:58 AM
so they are saying the guy couldn't send it to fedex so he went home and added some synthetic test to the sample

yea ok

paulpfiction
02-24-2012, 07:32 AM

braun failed the second test of the FIRST sample, a more precise test... if a sample is tainted it's going to fail the first,second,third...millionth test.

the actual second test he did not fail

"The first test result revealed that Braun had elevated levels of testosterone in his body. The test showed a prohibited substance in Braun's body, but not a steroid, according to a person familiar with the results.

"Braun learned of the result in late October and insisted that the test was flawed. He took a second test done by an independent laboratory that showed he had normal levels of testosterone, the person said. Braun's lawyers argued that the first sample was improperly handled and the results were therefore flawed.

Doc1232
02-24-2012, 08:29 AM
^^Will Carol interview
http://audio.weei.com/a/52238582/will-carroll-si-com-on-ryan-braun-s-50-game-suspension-being-overturned.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cliffs:
Much more than chain of custody.
Showed what the chain of custody caused. Braun's defense was able to replicate results. Proved it was bad at the point it was tested.
This is a unique situation. Guys like Manny wont be able to use the Braun situation to win appeals
The lab should not have excepted it because of the delay
The whole system worked. Shows the appeal process works.
It wasnt just that there was a 48 delay it was how the sample was treated over those 48 hours
MLB cannot take this to federal court. There is no big next step for MLB
Had this not leaked we would have never known.
Not a 100% anyone is clean when asked if he was 100% sure Braun was clean
We have to accept the results on Ryan Braun because he won his appeal
MLB is afraid of losing momentum in testing process. Vehement was a poor choice of words. They made it tougher on Braun to regain his standing and reputation

DimSumDude
02-24-2012, 09:10 AM
LOL @ dumb if that's really their specimen handling procedure. LOL @ Baseball. Sick of this anti-steroid BS.

grizz101
02-24-2012, 10:20 AM
America's Game

lol

TheBateman
02-24-2012, 10:25 AM
so stupid. ryan braun should have been able to his offseason following his mvp award. now his name is tainted forever because of some ***

folly412
02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
"According to Dan Patrick, the collector bypassed 2 open Fed Ex and then went to a 3rd and it was closed. So he went back and stored it. He is a Cubs fan, and during the appeal proccess they asked him to state his name, and it took 37 seconds for him to respond. They asked him to identify Braun, and he couldn't look at him. Braun also passed a lie-detector test."

yeezy
02-24-2012, 11:01 AM
"According to Dan Patrick, the collector bypassed 2 open Fed Ex and then went to a 3rd and it was closed. So he went back and stored it. He is a Cubs fan, and during the appeal proccess they asked him to state his name, and it took 37 seconds for him to respond. They asked him to identify Braun, and he couldn't look at him. Braun also passed a lie-detector test."

this has to be made up right?

IDunnoAliens1
02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
You make a good point.

If Prince was 50 pounds lighter, then I'll take Prince over Braun any day.
Sure Prince is a future DH, but his batting translates better in the long run than Braun. Braun has tremendous contact ability, but he is awful at drawing walks.

When Braun is 33 and out of his prime, he'll be a .290 - avg/26 - 31 HR/.350 OBP/ 7 - 12 SB
While Prince at 33, is a .260 avg/28 - 33 HR/.370 OBP
Fielder will certainly cost you runs with his glove, Braun did too at a point(has become mediocre now), but Fielder(if he was 50 lbs lighter) would be worth more runs than Braun at 33.

timmyfong
02-24-2012, 11:18 AM
You'd be crazy not to take Fielder, after coming off the sauce you're always see a HUGE drop off in production, Braun won't even hit .300 and will have less than 30HR this year (srs)

rampagefc77
02-24-2012, 11:54 AM
You'd be crazy not to take Fielder, after coming off the sauce you're always see a HUGE drop off in production, Braun won't even hit .300 and will have less than 30HR this year (srs)

Braun never had an increase while *supposedly* on the sauce. So unless we are assuming his other 25+ drugs tests were wrong and he has been on the sauce the whole time throughout his career, I dont expect a drop off. I'd recommend watching his speech from today. Kinda fishy that he tested at 3x the highest level ever, but never gained a pound (they weigh in twice a week), never got any faster, arm strength didn't increase, hitting didn't change, etc.

delsoco7
02-24-2012, 11:54 AM
doesn't surprise me, i knew he was innocent

timmyfong
02-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Braun never had an increase while *supposedly* on the sauce. So unless we are assuming his other 25+ drugs tests were wrong and he has been on the sauce the whole time throughout his career, I dont expect a drop off. I'd recommend watching his speech from today.

I did watch his speech.

He flat out REFUSED to say why his test levels were over 20x that of a normal man. He passed his other tests because he was properly doping/taking his masking drugs, they just finally tested him on a day when he injected (doctor interviewed said it must've been that day for T levels to be over 20x higher) and he hadn't had a chance to dope/mask yet.

rampagefc77
02-24-2012, 12:04 PM
I did watch his speech.

He flat out REFUSED to say why his test levels were over 20x that of a normal man. He passed his other tests because he was properly doping/taking his masking drugs, they just finally tested him on a day when he injected (doctor interviewed said it must've been that day for T levels to be over 20x higher) and he hadn't had a chance to dope/mask yet.

For someone on the sauce for his whole career according to you, he is scrawny as fcuk and his body hasnt changed since he's been in the league.. Literally, he has the body of a soccer player. Look at the other dudes doping over the years (bonds, mcguire, etc.) those dudes who shot up for an extended period of time became juicey. So if you change to say that he just recently started shooting up, again it did nothing to his performance and it would be dumb to expect a decline in his game.

namean
02-24-2012, 12:19 PM
For someone on the sauce for his whole career according to you, he is scrawny as fcuk and his body hasnt changed since he's been in the league.. Literally, he has the body of a soccer player. Look at the other dudes doping over the years (bonds, mcguire, etc.) those dudes who shot up for an extended period of time became juicey. So if you change to say that he just recently started shooting up, again it did nothing to his performance and it would be dumb to expect a decline in his game.

you know nothing about steroids

jkeithc82
02-24-2012, 12:22 PM

This doesn't prove his innocence.

rampagefc77
02-24-2012, 12:27 PM
you know nothing about steroids

Im responding to the comment that his numbers are going to take a dive this season and that he has been juicing his whole time in the league. Using a little common sense and looking at his performance over his career makes that pretty unlikely. Since he numbers have been consistent for 5 years, that implies he has been juicing for 5 straight years (in the context of this argument)... right. Particularly amounts 3x higher than ever tested before.

Beasly3333
02-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Dude is a fcking liar and cheater. This is one of the many reasons MLB is a joke. He gets off on a technicality, congrats!

melanimal_old
02-24-2012, 12:56 PM

Theres specific types of AAS that dont dramatically change your appearance. I know personally as someone who has used AAS in the past that the lose of strength and intensity is extremely drastic even with proper PCT. If he really is guilty I expect his numbers to come back down to all star level, not MVP.

CaliiforniaLove
02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Really not sure what to believe anymore. I thought for sure he beat the system on a technicality, but if the info leaking about his sample being actually tainted is true then idk.

*DH*
02-24-2012, 01:18 PM
phaggots gonna hate

zdub32
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Really not sure what to believe anymore. I thought for sure he beat the system on a technicality, but if the info leaking about his sample being actually tainted is true then idk.

links to this. i haven't seen any reports about this. i've only seen that he juiced up and got off cause fed-ex was closed.

PhysiquePhreak
02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
This doesn't prove his innocence.

If some idiot from MLB hadn't leaked it to some idiot from ESPN this would be a non issue.

Braun's completely innocent. Deal with it.

melanimal_old
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
If some idiot from MLB hadn't leaked it to some idiot from ESPN this would be a non issue.

Braun's completely innocent. Deal with it.

Im pretty sure someone from Brauns camp leaked it or there would be dramatic repercussions right now.

CaliiforniaLove
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
links to this. i haven't seen any reports about this. i've only seen that he juiced up and got off cause fed-ex was closed.

Some people a few posts ago were linking some SI writer's twitter. Idk the link but look up a few posts.

PhysiquePhreak
02-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Im pretty sure someone from Brauns camp leaked it or there would be dramatic repercussions right now.

Why would someone from Braun's camp leaking information that he tested positive before his appeal went through?

Watch his press conference.

There very well could be a ****storm. ESPN will never apologize for leaking the story. They should have because they too breached the confidentiality of it by reporting about it.

It's sad that they'll forever be the worldwide leader in sports

youngjoekundi
02-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Many players I like, but idk.. I prefer jose bautista. true talent

erftbll81
02-24-2012, 01:58 PM
I heard nothing but this all over ESPN radio all morning. Brb getting off on a technicality but obviously guilty.

PhysiquePhreak
02-24-2012, 02:08 PM
I heard nothing but this all over ESPN radio all morning. Brb getting off on a technicality but obviously guilty.

ESPN radio...there's your answer. Everyone has their own agenda.

MLB still vehemently disagreeing with appeal.
ESPN not apologizing for leaking the results.

read what SI's twitter dude is saying. Not a technicality. Not won on "what could have happened" (ie. tainted sample) but on "what did happen"

lovebbing
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
phaggots gonna hate

this, if he wasn't getting paid millions and tearin it up, no one would even care, even if he admitted it.

you guys could juice 10x more and still never be as close to being as good as him. get over it for chrissakes

people are going to take drugs, theres nothing anyone can do about it.

Doc1232
02-24-2012, 02:41 PM
why would a guy go past numerous open Fedex to go home for the weekend and keep a jar of Brauns urine instead of just dropping it off like he was supposed to do?

and it sure sounded like Braun was going to sue ESPN and maybe MLB. Also lol at whoever thinks he would leak this info about himself. No one would know about this if it wasnt leaked, you really think he would do all this to himself?

97srad750
02-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Why would someone from Braun's camp leaking information that he tested positive before his appeal went through?

Watch his press conference.

There very well could be a ****storm. ESPN will never apologize for leaking the story. They should have because they too breached the confidentiality of it by reporting about it.

It's sad that they'll forever be the worldwide leader in sports

I don't see what MLB gets from leaking it either. It would seem the last thing they'd want is their reigning MVP with a failed test.

97srad750
02-24-2012, 02:48 PM
ESPN not apologizing for leaking the results.

Why would they? Its there job, it was a failed test.

Doc1232
02-24-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't see what MLB gets from leaking it either. It would seem the last thing they'd want is their reigning MVP with a failed test.
I dont think MLB wanted it leaked, one of there executives or whatever probably decided he wanted some attention from some ESPN reporter. Heck who knows, maybe the reporters pay them for some of these breaking news big stories so they can be the first person with there name on it.

97srad750
02-24-2012, 03:03 PM
I dont think MLB wanted it leaked, one of there executives or whatever probably decided he wanted some attention from some ESPN reporter. Heck who knows, maybe the reporters pay them for some of these breaking news big stories so they can be the first person with there name on it.

Well now we have two options for the failed test. The guy with the urine tainted it, or Braun is tainted. We'll get more info, but you usually sign the sealed sample when you give it. I'll be interested to see where it goes from here. It'll be hard for Braun to beat the court of public opinion now though.

rampagefc77
02-24-2012, 03:36 PM

Actually there is a set protocol for confidentiality that was broken very early on. If the rules in place were followed, nobody would have ever known about this. So no, it is not THEIR job.

Doc1232
02-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I did watch his speech.

The ONLY time baseball players know they are going to be getting tested is the start of the playoffs and the start of spring training. So your logic of they caught him off guard before he could "mask" his use makes absolutely no sense.

PitBillSoxFan
02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
are people really wondering why this sh!t is leaked? Everyone has an agenda to get the press on their side.

Braun's agent (or his agent's secretary) could've leaked it to get a reporter on his side to "leak" info during the trade deadline/contract negotiations. Some turd in MLB could've overheard a convo to get an "in" as ESPN

Stuff gets leaked. It was a foregopne conclusion that when he failed the test, he would be suspended. So, someone wanted to get on the good side of a reporter and be the first one to tell him.

fcb1012
02-24-2012, 05:17 PM
from my brief listening to espn it seems he got off because of the route the sample took to get to the lab. It took 2 extra days because fedex was closed. It was supposedly in someones house for those two days. Dude is guilty and will be in my mind. I am no noob when it comes to knowing about steroids in general and especially blood/urine results.

PhysiquePhreak
02-24-2012, 05:45 PM

It was not supposed to be released at all. If they had the slightest bit of integrity they would have kept their mouths shut.

It'd be like hearing that one of your friends has genital herpes and posting it on facebook before anyone else does.

This.

from my brief listening to espn it seems he got off because of the route the sample took to get to the lab. It took 2 extra days because fedex was closed. It was supposedly in someones house for those two days. Dude is guilty and will be in my mind. I am no noob when it comes to knowing about steroids in general and especially blood/urine results.

And this is exactly why whoever leaked it, as well as ESPN for publishing it, needs to be punished. Ignorant minds like yourself will continue to believe that he cheated and therefore his name is tarnished.

folly412
02-24-2012, 06:05 PM
It was not supposed to be released at all. If they had the slightest bit of integrity they would have kept their mouths shut.

Why not just sit on it for over a month and wait for a slow news night to leak it? That's what they did after all.

And this is exactly why whoever leaked it, as well as ESPN for publishing it, needs to be punished. Ignorant minds like yourself will continue to believe that he cheated and therefore his name is tarnished.

This. "because fedex was closed"? That's nice he's "guilty and will be in (your) mind" because of your brief ESPN radio listening. If you would at least gather the facts before deeming someone guilty you'd have learned that FedEx wasn't closed, the program requires the collector to submit the samples to FedEx as soon as possible, and once samples are in FedEx's custody they are anominized for the duration of the testing process. There were 18 FedEx locations on his way home that weren't closed, yet he and his 22 year old son held onto the sample from 5 PM on a Saturday until 1:30 PM on a Monday, fully knowing whose pee they had. The collector's name and residence are out, he's going to have to move to Chicago now. And while we don't have information on his or his son's motive, based on what he does he's got all the knowledge and capability to manipulate a sample if it's possible to do.

97srad7502
02-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Actually there is a set protocol for confidentiality that was broken very early on. If the rules in place were followed, nobody would have ever known about this. So no, it is not THEIR job.

That protocol doesn't apply to ESPN, or any news agency. Every news agency runs with stories based on leaks, and have for decades. Just like you hear about free agency, or any other behind the scenes like a Laker team meetings.

97srad7502
02-25-2012, 06:20 AM

Spare me the integrity argument. Their job is to break a news story based on their sources. Their sources confirmed, and it is a statement of fact that he had an elevated sample.

Bowyermania
02-25-2012, 06:58 AM
In my opinion he took some PEDs. Reports are coming out that although the transportation and storing protocol may have been broken, the container containing the urine was sealed and un tampered with. So how could sitting on a dude's desk unopened possibly raise a guy's test levels as high as Braun's? what could the guy who obtained the sample (a professional specimen collector) possibly have done to cause such high test levels? Why would he risk his job to do that?

Also, what motive does the MLB have to tamper with Braun's sample? Wouldn't busting the reigning NL MVP tarnish the league's image? Doesn't this whole thing hurt the image of the testing program? They have nothing to gain from doing what Braun said they did.

Braun got off on a technicality. He shouldn't be suspended because of that but it's not unfair to say he still cheated.

thefederalist
02-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Lol not even Bonds failed a celltech test.

Bowyermania
02-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Just heard an interview with a guy who collected urine samples for the NE Patriots. He testifies as an expert in court on drug testing results and collection procedures. So he explained the whole protocol with collecting the samples and FedEx. Well he explained how the Reason they use FedEx is because they have the refrigeration equipment to house the sample.

He also explained how the whole point of refrigerating it is to prevent any present illegal drugs or substances from dissipating and becoming undetectable. He said that it was IMPOSSIBLE for such high test levels to have shown up as a result of this break in procedure (not being refrigerated properly) and if anything being left out would have resulted in his test levels being diminished.

He came right out and said that his expert opinion is the "Braun is a liar"

PhysiquePhreak
02-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Just heard an interview with a guy who collected urine samples for the NE Patriots. He testifies as an expert in court on drug testing results and collection procedures. So he explained the whole protocol with collecting the samples and FedEx. Well he explained how the Reason they use FedEx is because they have the refrigeration equipment to house the sample.

He also explained how the whole point of refrigerating it is to prevent any present illegal drugs or substances from dissipating and becoming undetectable. He said that it was IMPOSSIBLE for such high test levels to have shown up as a result of this break in procedure (not being refrigerated properly) and if anything being left out would have resulted in his test levels being diminished.

He came right out and said that his expert opinion is the "Braun is a liar"

You are dumb. You are really really dumb.

No one is saying that the guy left it out of his fridge that long and that's why it came back positive. The matter of the fact is that we don't know what else could have happened to the sample. It could have been opened. It could have been tampered with. And coulda/shoulda wouldn't have won him the appeal. So why don't you (and every other person with 0 knowledge of the subject) wait until Braun is able to tell the whole story (after all the litigation gets settled) before rushing to anymore idiotic conclusions.

Bowyermania
02-25-2012, 08:58 AM

No one is saying that the guy left it out of his fridge that long and that's why it came back positive. The matter of the fact is that we don't know what else could have happened to the sample. It could have been opened. It could have been tampered with. And coulda/shoulda wouldn't have won him the appeal. So why don't you (and every other person with 0 knowledge of the subject) wait until Braun is able to tell the whole story (after all the litigation gets settled) before rushing to anymore idiotic conclusions.

It has already been reported that the 3 layers of tamper proof tape was not broken or tampered with. People have been questioning how it was not stored properly. The actual specimen container was not tampered with according several reputable sources.

Also, the only reason he won the appeal was because the proper protocol was not followed, not because it might of been tampered with. There

Doc1232
02-25-2012, 09:28 AM
It has already been reported that the 3 layers of tamper proof tape was not broken or tampered with. People have been questioning how it was not stored properly. The actual specimen container was not tampered with according several reputable sources.

Also, the only reason he won the appeal was because the proper protocol was not followed, not because it might of been tampered with. There

because it would be real hard to take the tape off and put new tape on. The reason protocol is in place is so it doesnt get tampered hence when protocol isnt followed it means theres a chance it was tampered with. There

Bowyermania
02-25-2012, 09:36 AM
because it would be real hard to take the tape off and put new tape on. The reason protocol is in place is so it doesnt get tampered hence with protocol isnt followed it means theres a chance it was tampered with. There

It's not like the tamper proof materials is just some tape that you can put on and then take off and then put it back on. There are three separate containers, with tamper proof tape, that Imguarentee you all have some form of coding to ensure that you just can't change the tape.

So you are arguing that this guy who works for a hospital and part time as a urine sample collector risked his job by breaking the seal, putting some type of chemical in it to cause the urine to show exactly 20x what his test levels should have been and then resealed both the tamper proof urine container, then put that in the Tupperware tamper proof container and then the tamper proof ziplock container? What motive does he have?

And if you say it wasn't him but the MLB, what motive would they have to tarnish the name of thier reigning NL MVP, especially after how they claim thier drug testing program has cleaned up the game. Wouldn't this be a black eye on the league?

Or maybe some other guy who has an axe to grind with Braun, broke into the collector's house and somehow had all the extra tamper proof materials and some chemicals to tamper with Braun's urine.

Does any of this sound remotely plausible to you?

Doc1232
02-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Does any of this sound remotely plausible to you?

About as plausible as why a guy would bypass numerous open fedex locations where he is supposed to drop off the container but instead decides to hold on to some guys urine for the weekend. Braun is his statement said he talked to numerous scientists and biochemists. Im sure in his defense he proved that it would not be hard to contaminate and reseal the sample.

Honestly none of this makes sense, if Braun was a dirty player, why would the one drug test he fails in his entire career be the ONLY ONE he KNOWS is coming?
Every player gets tested at the start of the postseason.

wsuwarrior
02-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Theres specific types of AAS that dont dramatically change your appearance. I know personally as someone who has used AAS in the past that the lose of strength and intensity is extremely drastic even with proper PCT. If he really is guilty I expect his numbers to come back down to all star level, not MVP.

You are retarded. Braun hit more HRs in 113 games his rookie season than he did last year in an MVP season. He has been incredibly consistent his career.

SEASON GP AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
2007 113 451 91 146 26 6 34 97 29 112 15 5 .324 .370 .634 1.004
2008 151 611 92 174 39 7 37 106 42 129 14 4 .285 .335 .553 .888
2009 158 635 113 203 39 6 32 114 57 121 20 6 .320 .386 .551 .937
2010 157 619 101 188 45 1 25 103 56 105 14 3 .304 .365 .501 .866
2011 150 563 109 187 38 6 33 111 58 93 33 6 .332 .397 .597 .994
Total 729 2879 506 898 187 26 161 531 242 560 96 24 .312 .371 .563 .934

rampagefc77
02-25-2012, 11:05 AM
You are retarded. Braun hit more HRs in 113 games his rookie season than he did last year in an MVP season. He has been incredibly consistent his career.

SEASON GP AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
2007 113 451 91 146 26 6 34 97 29 112 15 5 .324 .370 .634 1.004
2008 151 611 92 174 39 7 37 106 42 129 14 4 .285 .335 .553 .888
2009 158 635 113 203 39 6 32 114 57 121 20 6 .320 .386 .551 .937
2010 157 619 101 188 45 1 25 103 56 105 14 3 .304 .365 .501 .866
2011 150 563 109 187 38 6 33 111 58 93 33 6 .332 .397 .597 .994
Total 729 2879 506 898 187 26 161 531 242 560 96 24 .312 .371 .563 .934

It's already been determined in this thread that he's been using the use that whole time obviously, walking around with test levels 3x higher than ever tested in the past..

Seriously though, the dude has either been on the juice straight through as there has been no variability in his performance, or just wasted his time with the juice because it did nothing to affect his numbers, strength, performance. Niether sound very likely.

The_Albatross
02-26-2012, 12:07 PM

Actually he did win the appeal based on a technicality, a procedural error. And he doesn't even bother to acknowledge that is the reason he got off. The guy tested positive and got off because the process wasn't followed correctly. This happens all the time in court, where someone has obviously committed the crime for which they are being tried, but are not convicted because of a procedural error.

You are simply lying to yourself if you don't think this guy has been using.

OutWorkedByNo1
07-22-2013, 03:10 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/9862/l6e.gif

Dave P
07-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Lol was hoping these thread would get bumped.

KennyK
07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
laaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllll lllllllllllll

Toro91
07-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Straight cash homie

Dan916
07-22-2013, 03:50 PM
when is MLB gonna come down with suspensions? last I heard is itll be next year

BRB retired by then

Edit: just turned on MLB... YESSSSS **** off Braun phaggot

Now when is it Aroids turn?