PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a high school student diet

kikolouro
02-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Hello guys,
So I started working out about 2 months ago, and now that I got used to everything I want to start my diet, but the thing is I am kinda busy during the whole week (except on weekends) because of High School so I can only have 2-3 meals per day.

I am skinny (ectomorph) and so I guess I need to start a bulking diet. I will also take a look at Whey, Casein and Creatine for mass and muscle gain a little later.

Basically, to bulk up what would be a decent meal I can have every day?

My routine is:
Breakfast: 5:45am
Lunch: 1:00pm (always before workout)
Dinner: 7:30pm
"Before bed meal": 9:30pm (I dont usually do it, but I might start if it's necessary).

I have already cut all suggars and sodas.

Basically what quantity and which foods (generally) I should start eating in those meals?

Thanks!

JamesPhoenix
02-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Hello guys,
So I started working out about 2 months ago, and now that I got used to everything I want to start my diet, but the thing is I am kinda busy during the whole week (except on weekends) because of High School so I can only have 2-3 meals per day.

I am skinny (ectomorph) and so I guess I need to start a bulking diet. I will also take a look at Whey, Casein and Creatine for mass and muscle gain a little later.

Basically, to bulk up what would be a decent meal I can have every day?

My routine is:
Breakfast: 5:45am
Lunch: 1:00pm (always before workout)
Dinner: 7:30pm
"Before bed meal": 9:30pm (I dont usually do it, but I might start if it's necessary).

I have already cut all suggars and sodas.

Basically what quantity and which foods (generally) I should start eating in those meals?

Thanks!What's your height and weight? Also, you should find some way to add snacks between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner, in my opinion.

kikolouro
02-21-2012, 04:33 PM
What's your height and weight? Also, you should find some way to add snacks between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner, in my opinion.

I am 5 foot 4 and weight 138lbs.

I can add a little snack without any problems. What would this snack consist of ?

Thanks for the reply!

FitnessCPA
02-21-2012, 04:34 PM
You don't need protein shakes or weight gainers.

You also don't need snacks if you eat enough in your three meals.

Read this, figure out your BMR, maintenance calories, macros, and then eat foods that meet those.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

kikolouro
02-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks! I'll take a look in this post.

I also found some diet plans on the internet, but just to be sure...
Since I am skinny I need a bulking diet right ? (Im looking to get bigger and defined muscles). Should I stick to one diet plan and just follow it untl I feel I am buled up enough? Is bulking up the best for me? And I will grow muscles while I am in the diet right? Or only after I am done with the diet plan?

Thanks!

ParsonBrown
02-21-2012, 04:44 PM
The calcs in the stickies don't really apply to teenagers. Eat, eat, lift, enjoy your youth, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, lift, lift, enjoy....get the picture.